2009 Miami Heat Offseason Thread | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

2009 Miami Heat Offseason Thread

iverson gets a bad rep this whole league is full of selfish players thats just what the NBA has become, even our own Wade is making demands fact is riley has a plan in action which is to build with younger players and Wade is forcing Riley's hand by saying he wants a big move or he's bolting

Wade is selfish in that he wants to win. Hes spending the prime of his career on a rebuilding team....noone should be content with that.

Ok lets look at this. Riley wants to rebuild around wade but make sure he is locked.For wade if riley stops the rebuilding process and acquires some championship pieces than he will stay,but riley wont make that move until wade is locked up.So ultimately wade will bolt,we will still be in rebuilding mode, and even if rebuilding mode, you can make a solid young team but hey if you dont have a superstar or a dominating big man than it doesnt matter if youve rebuild with the best young players, you are not going to win a championship with players like wade,lj,kobe,mayo(yup,should have taken him),rose still playing in the nba. So Riley your gonna lose your chance at a championship to rebuild the team to what? a mediocre team, young solid team(not even guaranteed by any means) or fulfill your superstar demands which gives you the only chance at a championship.Go ahead lose those young players that afterall ain't star caliber and picks that will eventually be high draft picks if you can keep wade and can use em to build a championship team atm.

What Riley needs to do, is just get some pieces for wade by trading who he has to trade.Beasley can go, I wanted Mayo over him and rose,while I dont dislike beasley talents, he is still some years away imo.

The first kind of piece we need to acquire is a big man, if we dont get a man then we are not going nowhere. Gasol-Bynum duo,D12,Shaq,KG,Duncan, they will dominate JO and Haslem, even fat Shaq, so we need to acquire Amare or Bosh.Apart from all this big men I listed no one else(I dont think I missed no significant one) they all are average to mediocre, if you dont have one of these then your chances of winning a title are under 1% considering you will have to face 2-3 of this big men in a playoff run and secondly two of them are teamed up with two of the top 3 players in the planet, so riley go ahead offer phoenix/toronto beasley and whatever and get it done with please!

Pat Riley texts Dwyane Wade extension offer, with no meeting set

Yes, Dwyane Wade said Sunday, "I got my 12:01."

Miami Heat President Pat Riley, indeed, reached out to his talented shooting guard the first minute he was allowed to sign Wade to a contract extension early Sunday morning.

That overture, however, did nothing to end the waiting game, despite Riley and agent Henry Thomas confirming that a maximum, three-year extension offer that would keep Wade under contract through 2013-14 immediately was placed on the table.

"There's nothing further to discuss other than I got a call at 12:01," Wade said before participating in his charity Summer Groove all-star game at AmericanAirlines Arena.

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/miami-heat/sfl-miami-heat-wade-s071309,0,7821929.story

Wade has been seeking a roster upgrade, with close friend Carlos Boozer, a scheduled participant in Sunday's Summer Groove charity all-star game at AmericanAirlines Arena, reportedly being shopped by the Utah Jazz.

"Any time you can play with another great player, a fellow Olympian, I mean it's always something that's got to spark your interest," Wade said. "But, at the same time, I'm done trying to push Pat to do anything. He's going to do a good job for us. And we just have to have patience."

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/sfl-dwyane-wade-heat-s071209,0,6839994.story

well wasnt boozer just traded to chicago? so thats not happening

alright there are rumors about Iverson, Odom and Boozer if we get all three and lose Haslem and Wright in trades how good would we be? Still dont have a center but two very good PFs in Boozer and Odom. the starting line up can be Chalmers/Iverson, Wade, Beasley, Odom, Boozer

i think just trading for Boozer would make us a top team in the East, if Beasley can be a reliable scorer next season he has all the talent

I don't think there was ever any interest in Iverson. Wade made a polite and diplomatic response to a reporter's question on Iverson and somehow that morphed into his imminent signing. Odom is probably just posturing.....its hard to believe he would turn down more money from a title contender because the offer was insulting. But athletes have been known to do dumber things.

Boozer seems like the only real possibility. Rope in a team with cap space, hand them Wright and Quinn, and send Haslem to Utah. That gives you,

Chalmers
Wade
Jones/Beasley/Moon
Boozer
O'Neal

.....not a title contender but assuming good health its a pretty good team. That assumption is the hard part, with Boozer, O'Neal, and Wade all have injury problems in the past.

If Pat could work some magic and deliver Odom and Boozer while losing only Haslem and Wright, the Heat would be transformed into instant contenders. Heck, just one of them would be a quantum upgrade.

the Lakers withdrew their offer to Odom and Odom was in Miami with Wade before i bet we are the front runners to get Odom. and hey Turkelugo went to Toronto for the money and left a title contender to do get more money all these guys care about often is money

Heat linked to Lamar Odom, Carlos Boozer, Allen Iverson

Rumors, rumors, and more rumors. Despite being cash-strapped the Heat is thought to be in the mix for Lakers forward Lamar Odom, Jazz forward Carlos Boozer and Detroit guard Allen Iverson. Odom or Boozer would be great because they could be the “over the top” guy (as I referenced in a previous blog); Iverson, especially when compared to Odom or Boozer, is not-so-great.

http://blogs.palmbeachpost.com/heat...ed-to-lamar-odom-carlos-boozer-allen-iverson/

Back
Top Bottom