2009 Miami Heat Offseason Thread | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

2009 Miami Heat Offseason Thread

i hope we get odom back, anything but iverson

**** no i hope we get iverson too, the guy can still ball he isnt a hof player for nothing. you can say ball hog but whatever if you spin the stats the right way any top scorer even Wade is a ball hog. he will be kept in his place by Wade, him and Carmelo didnt work out badly. guy isnt that old, he can still ball. i hope we get iverson, boozer and odom. championship!

u r right...allen would never be a bench player..he wouldnt do it in detriot and he wont do it else where..however i dont think he is burn out quite yet...the piston misused allen and now everyone has a bad view of him i think he can still play...he is an explusive scorer and would be a good complament for wade but only if he excepts the role of the no. two guy the one he could not except over in denver...realizing he would be the second option..then it could work he could be the point guard and create for wade...and other cause he is still one of the quickest guys in the nba
If Iverson is running the point for you guys, you won't win a game. Hopefully the Heat doesn't maek the mistake of signing him. He won't accept a bench role, and he's simply not a PG. Sure he can still play, but he isn't a good fit on the Heat.

iverson gets a bad rep this whole league is full of selfish players thats just what the NBA has become, even our own Wade is making demands fact is riley has a plan in action which is to build with younger players and Wade is forcing Riley's hand by saying he wants a big move or he's bolting
That's what the team leader should do. Kobe did it, and it worked out for the best. Iguodala is doing it for us, as well as spending alot of time with teammates, and I have no problem with it. If I was Wade, Iggy, or anybody else, I wouldn't want to play for a team that isn't trying to build a winning team either. Not neccesarilly selfish though. My view of selfish would be wanting the ball every possession, with no intent to pass it, much like AI his whole career.

**** no i hope we get iverson too, the guy can still ball he isnt a hof player for nothing. you can say ball hog but whatever if you spin the stats the right way any top scorer even Wade is a ball hog. he will be kept in his place by Wade, him and Carmelo didnt work out badly. guy isnt that old, he can still ball. i hope we get iverson, boozer and odom. championship!
Wasn't Wade like top 5 in assists last year? Not what I would call a ballhog.. He showed in Denver that he could be very good while still being the 2nd guy. But he isn't a fit in Miami. He won't accept a bench role, and he's not taking Wade's spot. And he isn't a PG.

If the Heat get Odom and/or Boozer though, they will be a pretty good team. Lack of Depth could hurt though.

The Heat don't need Iverson. I have no doubt Chalmers will be a much more effective starting option. Iverson's rapidly declining ability, coupled with the headache he could cause is not something the Heat need to take on. Chalmers will be more productive rendering Iverson a servicable (at best) bench player, something he clearly has no interest in being anyway. The Heat don't need a guard like they need post players and outside shooters. Those are the key ingredients that should be after, which is why, if they want to make a big splash they need to go hard after Carlos Boozer. He's the player that could help the Heat the most and I think he'd be a huge compliment to Wade's game.

i prefer boozer over odom, he is a much more of a post player than odom

anyone know what compensation we get if cleveland signs him? seems like it would be a 2nd round pick

I don't know for sure but I might be a 2nd. Is it just me or anyone else feeling worried about the Heat? All the teams around us are getting better and we really havent made a splash and now this whole D-Wade stuff is driving me crazy.

He even left Converse for Nike Jordan...I dont know, it just might be me freaking out lol

I don't know for sure but I might be a 2nd. Is it just me or anyone else feeling worried about the Heat? All the teams around us are getting better and we really havent made a splash and now this whole D-Wade stuff is driving me crazy.

He even left Converse for Nike Jordan...I dont know, it just might be me freaking out lol

Nope I feel the same way. If Wade bolts we screwed (and Heat Nation is in a deep dark depression.) At the same time we don't have a whole lot of wiggle room until next season. On top of that, if we make a bad move, like sign Iverson, and causes headaches it just increases the chances that Wade bolts. Either Riles needs to make something happen, or Wade needs to have a little more patience.

anyone know what compensation we get if cleveland signs him? seems like it would be a 2nd round pick

There's no compensation in the NBA if an RFA is signed by another team. The Heat get a chance to match the offer, but in all likelihood they'll let Moon walk. With Jones finally healthy and Beasley looking more like a SF there aren't many minutes left on the wing.

Jazz, Heat have agreed to trade, Boozer says

Two-time NBA All-Star Carlos Boozer said he and the Utah Jazz have ``mutually agreed'' to a trade, and it would be ``a beautiful thing'' if he could wind up reunited with Olympic teammate Dwyane Wade on the Heat.
Boozer, who owns a waterfront house in Miami and has spent the past five off-seasons here, runs a summer basketball camp at Gulliver Prep Academy in Kendall and said he considers Miami home.

``My wife [CeCe] and I first came here for tax reasons, and fell in love with it,'' Boozer said Monday. ``Love the palm trees, the laid-back attitude, the sun, quality of life. It's like paradise here, and I would love to be part of the Heat. They're a very good team, and I'm real close to some of the guys. Dwyane and I started to get close at the Athens Olympics in 2004, and I'd love to play on his team. Plus, I already live here. I'm just waiting to see what happens.''

http://www.miamiherald.com/594/story/1149794.html

Back
Top Bottom