2011 Overrated/Underrated Prospects | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

2011 Overrated/Underrated Prospects

John Beck got the ball out quick.. (problem was half the time it went behind him)..

John Beck sure was a nice, lovable, "yes sir" character wasn't he?

John Beck recognized blitzes... problem was he **** bricks when he recognized it...

Clausen took the brunt of a lot of unneccessary criticism around here and can't understand why.... All he did was battle to the death in every game for ND for 60 minutes despite most of his team not showing up half the time...

If he didn't score 40 points, the Irish were going home with a loss.. and he knew it...

I want to see Sam Bradford do well... I REALLY do... I love that kid..

John Beck got the ball out quick.

John Beck showed accuracy with the ball at depth, but not what I would call precision. He floated a lot of those balls and let guys run underneath them or go up for them, but that's not the precision I'm looking for, especially not nowadays after seeing the Beck experiment go the way it did. When the coaches tried to get him to put more velocity on the ball, like he did early in his BYU career before he was a 60+ percent passer, his accuracy and touch broke down. Too much to process.

John Beck recognized blitzes in college and handled them well. He couldn't adjust to the speed of the pro game.

I get what you're saying... I'm just ****ing with you...:lol:

I don't want you to RECOGNIZE the blitz... I want you to BEAT the blitz..

Well, I suppose I'll grant you that I would HOPE you're not getting the ball out quickly in the face of a recognized blitz but putting it into the hands of a defender, lol...

The Skins just gave him a nice looking three-year deal too, lol.

I guess Shanahan likes backward passes. :)

I've been trying to watch Beck this preseason with the Redskins and he really doesn't look all that improved. Led a nice drive against the Jets starting defense but he didn't really do much to make it happen. Threw an ugly one hopper on like 3rd and 8 from about the 12 yard line. The pass was so bad it couldn't even be intercepted.

My issue with Beck was a bravery thing. He rarely showed the guts to try to fit balls in to one on one situations or coverage that was less than wide open, and you've got to have that. Maybe because it was like CK said, his accuracy dipped as his velocity increased so he might not have had the confidence, but if that's the case just hang it up. If you can't throw a ball hard and know where it's going you can't play quarterback. Teams learned pretty quick to just shrink the field on him and get in his face, meaning that for all his arm strength you pretty much just play him like you would Pennington, only you don't have to be nearly the defense to make it work.

Well the bright side for Beck is that he's still young has plenty of time to ge.... wait,... what?

Matt Barkley would beat him out in 10 minutes....:lol:

Well the bright side for Beck is that he's still young has plenty of time to ge.... wait,... what?

Matt Barkley would beat him out in 10 minutes....:lol:

Barkley put up 5 TD's in one game last night. Beck would be lucky to put up 5 TD's in his NFL career. Barkley has "it." He's going to be a #1 overall pick in the near future. Probably the only good things for USC last night was Barkley and Marc Tyler.

Barkley put up 5 TD's in one game last night. Beck would be lucky to put up 5 TD's in his NFL career. Barkley has "it." He's going to be a #1 overall pick in the near future. Probably the only good things for USC last night was Barkley and Marc Tyler.

Ronald Johnson looked pretty damn good...

Allen Bradford was averaging 7 yards per carry.. he just didn't get the touches.

Back
Top Bottom