2017 Miami Dolphins Schedule and updates | Page 19 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

2017 Miami Dolphins Schedule and updates

Here is the Miami Dolphins 2017 NFL schedule as obtained from various sources:

Week 1. Sept 10 Tampa Bay 1 p.m.

Week 2. Sept 17 at Los Angeles Chargers 4 p.m.

Week 3. Sept. 24 at New York Jets 1 p.m.

Week 4. Oct. 1 New Orleans Saints (London) 9:30 a.m.

Week. 5. Oct. 8 Tennessee 1 p.m.

Week. 6. Oct. 15 at Atlanta 1 p.m.

Week 7. Oct. 22 New York Jets 1 p.m.

Week 8. Oct. 26 at Baltimore (Thursday night) 8:25 p.m.

Week 9. Nov. 5 Oakland Raiders (Sunday night) 8:30 p.m.

Week 10. Nov. 13 at Carolina (Monday night) 8:30 p.m.

Week. 11. BYE

Week 12. Nov. 26 at New England 1 p.m.

Week 13. Dec. 3 Broncos 1 p.m.

Week 14. Dec. 11 New England (Monday night) 8:30 p.m.

Week 15. Dec. 17 at Buffalo Bills 1 p.m.

Week 16. Dec. 24 at Kansas City Chiefs 1 p.m.

Week 17. Dec. 31 Buffalo Bills 1 p.m.

Read more here: http://www.miamiherald.com/sports/s...-salguero/article145754539.html#storylink=cpy

We were done no favors. Here is how I see it.

Good points:
Our Bye Week is in Week 11 ... that is very nice.

Bad points:
Our heat home field advantage is non-existent. We play only 1 game in the first month of the season at Hard Rock Stadium ... and it's against Tampa Bay. Wow, such a huge home field advantage.

By contrast, from November 26th through December 24th, we play At New England, At Buffalo and At Kansas City ... ummm yeah, hello cold.

We travel from Miami to LA in for week 2, then travel from LA to New York for week 3.

We travel from Buffalo in week 15 to Kansas City in week 16 back to Miami in week 17. So no consolidation of road trips for us. Looks like we're one of the most heavily traveling teams in the NFL this year.

So all in all, I like the late bye week, that's very nice. Otherwise ... yeah they hosed us again. I'm looking at 9-7 optimistically, so hopefully Gase can pull a rabbit out of his hat and we can go 10-6 again. Fins up!

4 prime time games, 2 being monday night, plus the London game so 5 featured games - has to have been awhile since we had that many.

Looks like we could get off to a decent start, then have to hope either A. We are good enough to match up well with any team or B. One or two of the tougher teams on the schedule are not so tough in 2017 (injuries, drug habits, etc or just plain drop off)

I said before we're going to have to be much better this year just to try to win 10 games again

Ozzy rules!!

And we will be!

Hated this schedule the second I saw it. Well, after a few minutes of excitement that we were selected for 4 prime time games. Five nationally televised games counting London. That's almost 1/3 of our schedule. Crazy.

But yea, the schedule is brutal. I can't help but think we can still make it to 10-6 again though. I think we lose to Falcons, Ravens, Chiefs, @pats, @bills, and possibly chargers or vs pats.

That's based on last year though. I think we will be a much better team. Second year in this offense, no learning curve. The 5 core players returning on offense. Replacing Cameron and sims with fasano and Thomas?! This offense should be exciting.

And the defense couldn't have gotten worse. Upgraded lb, getting jones back, Howard got some experience, as well as another year of experience for wr lippett. Yea, there are holes...but we will be improved from last year. Let's see how the draft unfolds and pray for a couple starters.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The schedule is just fine with me. Plenty of chances to prove we belong with the top AFC teams and have the potential to be perennial contenders.

I see us going 5-0 to start the year, losing to Atlanta and winning vs NY to put us at 6-1. Then losing to Baltimore to end up at 6-2 halfway through.

This is a PRIME TIME schedule for a PRIME TIME team.

This schedule says that the league considers us an elite, contending team. We have numerous chances to show America that the Dolphins are back.

Throwback jerseys should be against the Raiders and Patriots. HUGE high-profile games

I'm glad our BYE week is not too early like always.

It's odd to see the BYE week come up late in the schedule. Hopefully it will work in our favor this season. :hi5:

Schedule is pretty whack. We play @LA, then @NYJ, then in London, then no bye week before playing Titans at home. I thought teams routinely get a bye following London

Honestly, I don't think our schedule is that bad if you take a real close look at it.

Couple things that I like about our schedule:
- Bye Week is in the middle of the season ... we hardly ever have our BYE this late, its always early.
- The Bye Week comes right before our first game against NE, so that should help.
- Were "Home" after our London Trip, while getting our West COast trip our of the way right off the bat.
- 3 Consecutive Primetime games, including our 1st SNF game since 2010 ... Thank God we have a SNF game. We havent had one in 7 years!!
- MNF against the Pats ... that could hopefully be a "statement" game for Miami
- We don't go to NE in Dec ... I would rather go to NE in late Nov. rather than late Dec.

The late Buffalo games worry me a little (especially Dec @ Buffalo) ... they like to play spoiler on us if they can. But other than that ... I think its a fairly good schedule.

We have to start off strong right out of the gate though. I really hate saying stuff like this, but we could start off 4-0 to 5-1/6-2. ATL will probably be a loss ... we can beat the Saints because their D is terrible ... and we owe the Ravens one. If we can get to 7-3 before the BYE, I think we'll be in good shape. The final 6 games is what will really show what this team is made of.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm the only one concerned we play @LA, @NYJ and @London in 3 consecutive weeks? That's 14,000 air miles.

Some of you make too much of the perceived difficulty of schedules. Last year when it was announced that we would have our big West coast swing, many of you were predicting that would keep us from even sniffing 8-8, and look how that season turned out. Give the professionals a little more credit that they know how to manage things like this.

Miami needs to draft well in general, especially defense. But seeing this schedule, it seems even more imperative that dolphins fix some holes with lb secondary and pass rushers. And it's because Raiders, Falcons and Saints could have a field day, and obviously fins got patriots twice a year as usual.

Initial predictions:

Week 1: Tampa Bay W
Week 2: @ Los Angeles Chargers L
Week 3: @ New York Jets W
Week 4: New Orleans London W
Week 5: Tenessee L
Week 6: @ Atlanta L
Week 7: New York Jets W
Week 8: @ Baltimore Thursday Night L
Week 9: Oakland Sunday Night L
Week 10: @ Carolina Monday Night L
Week 11: BYE
Week 12: @ New England L
Week 13: Denver W
Week 14: New England Monday Night L
Week 15: @ Buffalo W
Week 16: @ Kansas City L
Week 17: Buffalo W

7-9 record. Now, people!!! Tell me why I'm wrong!?!?!?!?

I'd say LA but idk, it'll be their home opener in their (temporary) new (soccer) stadium. It'll be packed and rowdy. I'll be there cheering loud though! There were lots of us at the Rams game last year.

Back
Top Bottom