2018 NFL free agents: Dolphins risk making gigantic mistake with Jarvis Landry | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

2018 NFL free agents: Dolphins risk making gigantic mistake with Jarvis Landry

The production we get from Jarvis should have been what we get from the TE and RB.

Drake, Grant, maybe Caroo, and hopefully a great TE in the draft will make us less one dimensional as a team. Just like ditching Jay did in the RB position.

You should post here more frequently, even if I disagree with you on this one.

We don't want to find his equal. That's the point. This offense is ridiculously regulating, with one guy squirming through gaps within a 10 yard frame. Sure, it looks clever when it works. Screen passes look clever also, which is why the typical fan has an overboard fascination with them.

We have to give Tannehill a chance. I'm not his biggest fan but with Gase there is more opportunity for him to succeed, given motion and wrinkles similar to what we saw late season. But it's not going to be maximized without sufficient rushing attempts, or with the same stagnant route tree with little #14 influencing wimpy throws that deserve to go elsewhere...risking actual success.

Kenny Stills is an improving player. There are too many lulls. I'm convinced he is capable of a much higher volume role, if asked and demanded. Those 20 yard downfield darts will be fun. And once you're forcing the defense to respect them on a regular basis, other avenues open up.

I was afraid of changing the logo. I knew what Mike Dee was likely to deliver. I'm not afraid of changing this offense. There simply isn't much downside.
Much respect..

We agree on Ryan and where he’s at and where he’s going, as long as we keep the threat of the read option and start to run twice as much boots and rolls, and he learns when to threat a defense with his legs unscripted, I feel like I saw signs of the game slowing down a bit..I’m willing to give it another year..

With Landry..on one hand, it is a difficult situation, I’m conflicted, we drafted the kid, he hasn’t missed a game, I want the toughness on my team, i want the talent and aggressive nature, I think he’s a valuable piece, but yet we’re on the verge of letting our wide receiver walk in his prime, I can’t think of another scenario where that happened to a team and player..The way I justify it is by believing that I can find surrounding players who are flying under the radar in free agency and the draft..

The caveat here is, is this guy freakin nuts...I have to believe we approached him early in the process to get a contract done and was rejected with the idea that he wants top 5 salary..

I understand the dilemma, since scouting him in college, I felt that while talented and tough, the farther he got from the LOS the easier cover he was, I think that is what he is at this point..so imo that would take him out of the top 5, but I do think his value underneath, his perfect durability record, and the rest of his talents are worth top 10...one of the main reasons I say that because playing 16 games a season means something to me relative to contract value.

I have been saying 5/60..I would go up to 5/65 and see what his camps says..

Landry is a good receiver, but you can replace him, he's not going to make you team better, but he's reliable and so is Drew Morgan, don't forget that name, the dolphins shouldn't over pay Landry, 9- to 11Million should get him signed, if not then bye bye Landry.

Let him go...he was the right price as a rookie contract player...he’s not worth more the 750000 a year. He’s a slot receiver with a hot head. Offer him the veteran minimum and move on...
Dolphins are a perennial mediocre team because we have no idea what we’re doing...

He should have been signed so we could trade him....

Not a fan of his he will never be the player to make the difference because he’s too immature.

If I ever hear carroo's name mentioned again in proximity to this Landry discussion I will throw up.

My fondest wish is for a Miami Dolphins WITHOUT a carroo for people to put false hopes on and to muddy up any plans to have a winning team.

This EXACT same process happened w/ clay. Let him walk, we can get the same production from dion sims yada yada yada..

OK. Now clay beats us 2X a year and guess what WE LET SIMS WALK TOO.

If I ever hear carroo's name mentioned again in proximity to this Landry discussion I will throw up.

My fondest wish is for a Miami Dolphins WITHOUT a carroo for people to put false hopes on and to muddy up any plans to have a winning team.

This EXACT same process happened w/ clay. Let him walk, we can get the same production from dion sims yada yada yada..

Clay doesn't best us Tyrod does.

Miami fans are not bright to know a guy on our team 3 years and yet to play alot is a bust. They think he,s ready to replace a 3 time pro bowl WR. SMH

He did that last year taking less and they used it to pay Cutler. So my question to you and others and if he agrees to play for 10 million instead of 15 million would you be ok if he just played 10 games instead of 16. Look ya need to flip the switch put yourself in the same shoes as Landry. Say you work in a salaried position with no over time but with a big bonus if you reach certain incentives. You work at a place you like etc, you go to collect your bonus of a cool million and the company says hey you want to keep your job we are going to give you 600000.00 instead. Meanwhile accross town their rival is willing to give you a million and a half up front just to sign with them. What would you do as a loyal employee.

Ok, I understand exactly what your saying. However, this is a team sport where the players make millions of dollars. So, say I make 12 million but I really want 15 million. The boss says to me "We can pay you that 15, but we won't be able to afford someone to help us win a championship." If I'm a selfish player, sure I take the larger payout. If I'm a team player I'll take a bit less. Yes, I think 3 million is a bit, especially to football players. As for his rookie contract, IT IS A CONTRACT, play it out. You signed the contract, no one put a gun to your head to sign it. I get sick and tired of these football players sitting out because they feel they are worth more. Absolutely ridicules.
Personally, I'd let him walk. If you can make more, then more power to you. One quick question tho, would NE pay him to play for them?

Ok, I understand exactly what your saying. However, this is a team sport where the players make millions of dollars. So, say I make 12 million but I really want 15 million. The boss says to me "We can pay you that 15, but we won't be able to afford someone to help us win a championship." If I'm a selfish player, sure I take the larger payout. If I'm a team player I'll take a bit less. Yes, I think 3 million is a bit, especially to football players. As for his rookie contract, IT IS A CONTRACT, play it out. You signed the contract, no one put a gun to your head to sign it. I get sick and tired of these football players sitting out because they feel they are worth more. Absolutely ridicules.
Personally, I'd let him walk. If you can make more, then more power to you. One quick question tho, would NE pay him to play for them?
NE won't pay that kind of money.

I’d use money that we were going to give Landry and sign a TE and someone like Allen Robinson or Sammy Watkins. They won’t demand huge money like that

Offense improves vastly

Allen Robinson will absolutely get a big contract. Likely Sammy Watkins too.

So you're suggesting Miami gets into a bidding war and pays Jarvis whatever he wants? Since when did he do things like AJ Green, Antonio Brown, or Julio Jones? He's not on that level.

Have you ever seen a receiver average under 10 yards per catch? I literally can't remember ever seeing that. Most tight ends will average more yards per catch than that. It's almost embarrassing to see Jarvis have an average that low.

Back
Top Bottom