2018 NFL free agents: Dolphins risk making gigantic mistake with Jarvis Landry | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

2018 NFL free agents: Dolphins risk making gigantic mistake with Jarvis Landry

You would think the recent playoff games pretty much confirms you don’t wreck your salary cap over a receiver like Landry.

If Landry played for the Jags or Vikings is he the difference in them advancing?

Hell no!

Quit wasting time with irrelevant piece on the board that are the deciding factor in getting to the big show. Secure that defense and secure that offensive line with a commander at the helm.

Ok, I understand exactly what your saying. However, this is a team sport where the players make millions of dollars. So, say I make 12 million but I really want 15 million. The boss says to me "We can pay you that 15, but we won't be able to afford someone to help us win a championship." If I'm a selfish player, sure I take the larger payout. If I'm a team player I'll take a bit less. Yes, I think 3 million is a bit, especially to football players. As for his rookie contract, IT IS A CONTRACT, play it out. You signed the contract, no one put a gun to your head to sign it. I get sick and tired of these football players sitting out because they feel they are worth more. Absolutely ridicules.
Personally, I'd let him walk. If you can make more, then more power to you. One quick question tho, would NE pay him to play for them?
New England doesn't need to because they have a smart coach that can develop talent plus a Hall of fame QB that can still getb them over the hump if the talent fails at times. We have neither at this point plus many players will take less to play for a super bowl team as they will make the money up plus more in endorsements. We cannot offer that either. So I consider your question regarding Jarvis signing with the Pats a bit irrelevant.
Your salary and Jarvis salary comparisons are Aa bit irrelevant also. You chose a different carreer path than Jarvis. It certainly is not Jarvis responsiblity to take less to make you happy as a fan or feel good about how much money you don't have. What we can compare is if we had the opportunity to achieve a bonus "we earned"of 15 million compared to 10 million and to change firms we get the 15 million or to stay with the firm that hired us we have to take the 10 million, what would we do? Take into consideration that you only have 8 earning years in your chosen profession compared to forty of the average American, then make your judgement of the Jarvis situation.

Teams go from worst to first every year. The front office has to be smart. They should act like every dollar they spend comes out of their own pocket. I would be just fine with stills, Parker and grant plus what ever talent falls in the draft.

I'm a selfish player, sure I take the larger payout. If I'm a team player I'll take a bit less. Yes, I think 3 million is a bit, especially to football players.

WHAT?! You think $3 million is a bit? What happens if Landry gets popped in the head next time he's on the field and his career ends like Jordan Cameron's. You still think $3 million is a bit? C'mon man!

Teams go from worst to first every year. The front office has to be smart. They should act like every dollar they spend comes out of their own pocket. I would be just fine with stills, Parker and grant plus what ever talent falls in the draft.
The word smart and this FO should never be mentioned in the same sentence. Thinking this FO can do anything smart is a pipe dream.

all of a sudden fans are concerned about spending, after Tannehill, Kiko, Branch, Wake, Tannehill. The one guy that actually has heart on offense, you want to remove, for Parker and Grant and Carroo. lol

Miami's offense was historically bad, and Landry was the focus and heart of it. Need a heart transplant.

Signing landry or any player at any cost cannot be a winning formula for this Dolphins franchise, how has that strategy worked out so far? I personally cannot see any team in the league paying him 15mill a year, even the Browns. If Landry refuses to budge on his contract demands then let him walk.

So you're suggesting Miami gets into a bidding war and pays Jarvis whatever he wants? Since when did he do things like AJ Green, Antonio Brown, or Julio Jones? He's not on that level.

Have you ever seen a receiver average under 10 yards per catch? I literally can't remember ever seeing that. Most tight ends will average more yards per catch than that. It's almost embarrassing to see Jarvis have an average that low.
Exactly, bottom line is Landry is being used as a TE,
  • he's in the top 10 of least average target air yards,
  • there are more TEs in that group than there are WRs.
  • Landry doesnt dominate any of them stats wise, except for targets and catches BUT,
  • he's middle of the pack in catch rate, so his high number of catches is purely a reflection of his high number of targets
  • Getting targets is NOT a skill
As for his exceptionnal TD output this season, looking at all 9 of his TDs this season, he's clearly schemed wide open on more than half of them. And they came in a season in which the Fins came 2nd to dead last in the NFL in rushing TDs... ***The Fins scored 4 rushing TDs all year*** 4... 13 total rushing attempts ALL season inside the 10 yard line. WE brutaly force fed Landry those 9 TDs.

So yeah... I agree with you...

all of a sudden fans are concerned about spending, after Tannehill, Kiko, Branch, Wake, Tannehill. The one guy that actually has heart on offense, you want to remove, for Parker and Grant and Carroo. lol

Tannehill is under paid.

Miami's offense was historically bad, and Landry was the focus and heart of it. Need a heart transplant.

Ding ding ding.

You would think the recent playoff games pretty much confirms you don’t wreck your salary cap over a receiver like Landry.

If Landry played for the Jags or Vikings is he the difference in them advancing?

Hell no!

Quit wasting time with irrelevant piece on the board that are the deciding factor in getting to the big show. Secure that defense and secure that offensive line with a commander at the helm.

Those teams line play show us how far we need to go. All the talk about Ajayi and Landry- I would trade that for better line play in a minute.

My only issue on the Landry thing is - if he is such a "team guy" they why hold the Dolphins over the fire. If he sees we are close to being good if not great, they why not stay take a little less (say 10-12 million range), use that "extra" money he would get to get more/better players? If his true desire is to win championships and make Miami great again, I would think that money would be a small in comparison.

"My agent and I talked about being a leader and setting a good example so I silenced all those things by going to OTAs and training camp, by putting the team first and being a team guy. I feel like in the NFL, they preach loyalty and family and they have none for you. As a player, you see it's not a family during negotiations, how it becomes them versus me or me versus them. That's part of the NFL I believe the fans don't see."

Stills was better than Landry? In what way? Yards? no. TD's? No. first downs? No. Big plays? No. Run after catch? No.

Please don't tell me yards per catch is all this is based on? Route running? If so then where is the payoff?

Back
Top Bottom