2nd Round Wide Receivers | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

2nd Round Wide Receivers

I wonder how the Marquess Wilson quitting will be seen by scouts?
That is a good question. He could still go in the 3rd or 4th I would think. Another interesting addition now is Da'Rick Rogers. That could be a 2nd round target for Miami.

That is a good question. He could still go in the 3rd or 4th I would think. Another interesting addition now is Da'Rick Rogers. That could be a 2nd round target for Miami.
Miami would probably pass on both these guys because of major character concerns. As for how it hurts Marquess Wilson's stock...ask Mike Williams of the Bucs...he quit on Syracuse and was drafted in the 4th and doing pretty well and that was a kid I was hoping we'd take a chance on but Ireland plays it pretty safe for the most part.

Miami would probably pass on both these guys because of major character concerns. As for how it hurts Marquess Wilson's stock...ask Mike Williams of the Bucs...he quit on Syracuse and was drafted in the 4th and doing pretty well and that was a kid I was hoping we'd take a chance on but Ireland plays it pretty safe for the most part.

I hate the fact that so much talent in college comes with character issues. Rogers is an awesome WR but is going to fall big because of his off field ****

Last edited by a moderator:
I hate the fact that so much talent in college comes with character issues. Rogers is an awesome WR but is going to fall big because of his off field ****.
I'd be more comfortable with Wilson over Rogers. Rogers was dismissed for failed drug test...that's not a one time offense and you're gone at Tennessee. He had to have been busted several times.

Either way I just don't see Ireland taking a chance.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'd be more comfortable with Wilson over Rogers. Rogers was dismissed for failed drug test...that's not a one time offense and you're gone at Tennessee. He had to have been busted several times.

Either way I just don't see Ireland taking a chance.

I agree and take Wilson of Rodgers. Just sucks that his talent will end up wasted cause he is a druggie.

Speed, speed, and more speed! That's my only wish...

Aaron Dobson is still a stud. He's facing more double teams and bracket coverage than any WR in the country this year.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YCdFFFAxLz0

I'm starting to think about Dee Milliner or Jonathan Banks in the 1st rd (especially if the Dolphins keep tanking) and then in rds 2 and 3 Dobson and Da'Rick Rogers. 2 quality WRs, a stud CB and a couple of pass rushers would be nice. Hartline is an average 2 and Bess is an average 3, the hype is fading as it should. The FO has to get Tannehill some help, let him stretch the field.

Tavon Austin was everywhere last night. He's ridiculously fast and very tough for his size. Terrance Williams also looked good last night.

Tavon Austin was everywhere last night. He's ridiculously fast and very tough for his size. Terrance Williams also looked good last night.

Every bit that Tavon Austin is amazing in the open field, Stedman Bailey is awesome at playing straight up pure WR.

I hope you guys saw the Stedman Bailey show last night. One of you draft clowns "put the tape on" from last night. :lol:

What Stedman Bailey did AGAINST a pro level DB, was demonstrate to everyone how to run routes, how to get open, how to play the ball in the air, and how to make catches on the boundries. Thats all he does. Thats what he excels at. And thats the 4 characteristics along with great hands that translates into being a good NFL WR.

The only knock on this kid is his height. Just watch him play the ball in the air though and you will see its not that big of a deal. The way he uses the boundries is incredible too. And just because Austin is in a class of his own when it comes to open field moves, dont think Bailey cant make people miss too. He has shown at times a great ability to make a catch over the middle and make people miss to find the sticks and move the chains.

If this guy falls to round 2 and we dont take him we arent trying. He reminds me a lot of Steve Smith. When you consider that he was slowed down for about 3 weeks with a bad ankle, it makes his stats even more amazing. I think he still leads the country in TD catches. He had 4 last night while being covered all night by Oklahoma's best DB.

Bailey is the most pro ready WR in the draft. He's the only receiver I could not forgive the Dolphins for passing up in the second, esp with the lower second.

I saw him vs. my Syracuse Orange and he was so huge and he did score a TD or two I recall. I just remember thinking how big he was and wondering what a red zone threat he would be.
You're an Orange fan? What can you tell me about Alec Lemon?

Stedman Bailey is the WR I want us to draft in round two. I know he is only in the 5'10" range but nobody tracks the flight of the ball and comes down with the ball like him. He can have all kinds of guys around him and hanging on him, and he still makes the catch. He's tough...something we need...I think this guy will be like Steve Smith and will be able to handle the hits.

Back
Top Bottom