9-7 Season would be Miracle | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

9-7 Season would be Miracle

Right now IMO your team is a 6-10 team at worst. Couple of them losses will be close though and could go either way so I would have to guess RIGHT now you are 8-8 team at best and 6-10 at worst.

obviously I reserve the right to change that as the off season progresses

Agreed but the one thing that will remain static is the tough schedule we got. Not only are we playing in arguably the toughest division in the league, we also get to play you and the Pats on the road in December and in the cold, whereas you play in Miami in late Oct-Nov without the heat. Then in the second half of the season we play @ Philly and @ Pittsburgh and host Baltimore and Cincinnati. All tough games obviously.

So even if we do get Trent Green, it's still going to be very very tough to go 10-6 given the schedule.

WTF is a Bill Fan (in Peace) doing trolling around a Dolphin's Site? Oh, right.... they live in Bufallo.

If we are able to get better play from the QB position, 9-7 is a disappointment......nothing more. If you think anything less, you are not really paying much attention.

I think youre not paying attention. WE HAVE NO QB!!! How can "the QB position" play better? Better than what? Again in case youre still not paying attention...WE HAVE NO QB!!!!

Right now there are just too many questions to have an idea of what will happen.

Are we getting the dominant Joey Porter, or the Joey Porter on the downslope?

Are we getting a pro-bowl caliber QB in Trent Green or an aging QB that wasn't the same after his concussion?

Is this the year Taylor and/or Thomas lose a step?

Is Carey athletic enough to play LT?

Can Martin replace McMichael?

If we get most of those breaks our way then this defense should be good enough for this team to contend for a playoff spot. How many people thought we'd go 11-5 and win the division when Wannstadt/Fiedler replaced JJ/Marino?

Of course, if Cam/Mueller are wrong on most of these things, then we'd be lucky to avoid the cellar.

Agreed but the one thing that will remain static is the tough schedule we got. Not only are we playing in arguably the toughest division in the league, we also get to play you and the Pats on the road in December and in the cold, whereas you play in Miami in late Oct-Nov without the heat. Then in the second half of the season we play @ Philly and @ Pittsburgh and host Baltimore and Cincinnati. All tough games obviously.

So even if we do get Trent Green, it's still going to be very very tough to go 10-6 given the schedule.

Though for some reason I am less concerned about your QB play than Fin fans. I think DC (although IMO is a bad QB) will be fine. Also Trent (IMO has lost alot) making the DC and Green sit a push.

For one I look at the Oline. I seen strides toward the middle and end of last year. And not everything is jumbled around. At worst you will have 2 or 3 new starters and from what I can tell not One playing in the position they did last year.

I would not be surprised that your best Oline will be a Rookie. I do not think Carey will feel comfortable at LT for awhile. Shelton at RT is a joke and should stay inside or be off the team. This Unit will be the Liability until mid season when they might start to gell. And because of this You could have Payton Manning behind center and be in trouble. All starts here and i think you regressed in this position.

Are we getting the dominant Joey Porter, or the Joey Porter on the downslope? Joey Porter > Donnie Spragan. Nuff said

Are we getting a pro-bowl caliber QB in Trent Green or an aging QB that wasn't the same after his concussion? We've had some of the worst QBs come thru here, so u know what that's like. We have promising young talent, which we've not had before.

Is this the year Taylor and/or Thomas lose a step? Taylor no, Thomas yes

Is Carey athletic enough to play LT? Absolutely

Can Martin replace McMichael? Yes, McMichael was struggling ever since he got that new contract, Goodbye.

Will we be 9-7? I doubt that, but i can dream!

We have a great D. We need consistent QB play and an average offense and can win games.

No kiddin. Some people are completely lost. This is no where close to a mediocre team. This team is really good. With avg QB play we go 9-7 at least. With good QB play were a playoff team. I think thats what we can get with Green. 9-7 would be disappointing. When you have a top 3 defense all you need is avg offense and you win 9 easy. Terrible play at QB with Culpepper got us 1-3. Almost avg play at QB with Harrington got us 5-5. And Cleo was about the same and we went 0-2. This is a good football team folks. Its a shame some of you dont realize were really only a couple of players away from being elite.

WTF is a Bill Fan (in Peace) doing trolling around a Dolphin's Site? Oh, right.... they live in Bufallo.

1st) Cute dog.

2nd) There is nothing wrong with BillsFanInPeace. We are all free to talk Dolphins football here no matter what team you support. Since you are new here, I reccomend you check out the Depths if you want to talk smack.

I think youre not paying attention. WE HAVE NO QB!!! How can "the QB position" play better? Better than what? Again in case youre still not paying attention...WE HAVE NO QB!!!!

Tay is exactly right. And youre right that we have no QB. Thats why were getting Trent Green. Id expect him to be at least avg which makes us a 9 or 10 win team. If Green plays as well as he is capable then we make the playoffs easy. Dont tell me what if Culpepper does because for one he wont be on the team and secondly the best he can play would get us 4 wins maybe.

Are we getting the dominant Joey Porter, or the Joey Porter on the downslope? Joey Porter > Donnie Spragan. Nuff said

Are we getting a pro-bowl caliber QB in Trent Green or an aging QB that wasn't the same after his concussion? We've had some of the worst QBs come thru here, so u know what that's like. We have promising young talent, which we've not had before.

Is this the year Taylor and/or Thomas lose a step? Taylor no, Thomas yes

Is Carey athletic enough to play LT? Absolutely

Can Martin replace McMichael? Yes, McMichael was struggling ever since he got that new contract, Goodbye.

Will we be 9-7? I doubt that, but i can dream!

Man, I hope that David Martin is better than McMike. McMike was pretty good in my opinion ... just too many drops last year for some reason. Martin better not be dropping a lot of passes this year or the fans might lose it. Those dropped balls really got to me last year ... especially those easy ones that hit them on the numbers.

On a positive note, I hear that Martin has some good speed and fairly good hands. I read that he could run low 4.5s when he came out of college. Not bad for someone his size. Randy said a lot of good things about him in his interviews during the draft. I hope Martin is working hard on his blocking in the offseason and training camp. That's a weak area for him I heard. Gotta have it for a tight end. I want to see him "knocking fools out" on those running plays like Reagan Mauia says. We need our whole Oline to be Juggernauts this year. :chuckle:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HpiMUKfSKIQ

They'll go 1-5 in the division and 4-6 against everyone else. Probably winning only 1 road game. They're going to be a poor team this year, defense will keep all games close and winnable though but the offense will be dreadful and fail to get the team wins.

Sound familiar?

SAME THING EVERY YEAR

Edit: 4-6 not 4-7 against everyone else, poor math :lol:

I'm gonna be hopeful this season is a good one. Whatever happens, happens. It's beyond my control all I can do is support the team.

Expect 10 weeks of pre-season football, followed by a mini-run of quality football, followed by a let down at the end. Like you're watching a movie for the fifth time.

Back
Top Bottom