9-7 Season would be Miracle | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

9-7 Season would be Miracle

Expect 10 weeks of pre-season football, followed by a mini-run of quality football, followed by a let down at the end. Like you're watching a movie for the fifth time.

Respect yours and everyone elses opinions but I really think you are WAY off.

I think we are fortunate to be playing lesser opponents early. You are right in that aspect that the line and receivers will be learning a new scheme. Fortunately we are getting Trent Green and our QB will be up to speed within a week or so.

The D is the same so I really like our chances to start hot and finish well as our offense gets better and better. If we had to play the tougher teams first then we could very well be in trouble early. Its quite possible the line makes some mistakes and kills a few drives early in the year. Lets just hope it dosent get Trent injured. Im glad he throws the ball unlike Culpepper.

I can see alot of running early in the year to limit mistakes in pass blocking and hence negative plays. That should get us enough points to win most of these early games. Let our D carry us. Then the 2nd half of the year have the offense clicking by then to take on the big boys. Start winning with all phases of our team. Open it up on some people after weve used these early games to get our rhythm down in the passing game.

Respect yours and everyone elses opinions but I really think you are WAY off.

I think we are fortunate to be playing lesser opponents early. You are right in that aspect that the line and receivers will be learning a new scheme. Fortunately we are getting Trent Green and our QB will be up to speed within a week or so.

The D is the same so I really like our chances to start hot and finish well as our offense gets better and better. If we had to play the tougher teams first then we could very well be in trouble early. Its quite possible the line makes some mistakes and kills a few drives early in the year. Lets just hope it dosent get Trent injured. Im glad he throws the ball unlike Culpepper.

I can see alot of running early in the year to limit mistakes in pass blocking and hence negative plays. That should get us enough points to win most of these early games. Let our D carry us. Then the 2nd half of the year have the offense clicking by then to take on the big boys. Start winning with all phases of our team. Open it up on some people after weve used these early games to get our rhythm down in the passing game.

Green is a durable QB who's proven he can play. He's also proven he can play without recievers, which is good because in sunny Miami no recievers EXIST. However, in Kansas City Green had a terrific offensive coordinator, system and offensive line. He also had an incredible running game to take the pressure off and make the KC passing game a little more lethal.

Dont get me wrong, Ronnie Brown is a solid back, but with this o-line and these receivers and in the first year of this system, i'm not seeing Priest Holmes or Larry Johnson like years. We dont have an extremely athletic TE who is almost an automatic TD when you get to the 15 yard line because of his jump ball skills. So Green is going to come to Miami with even less weapons, in a system he is familiar with but few other players on this team are.

The defense is a top 10 unit. But at the same time it's not a defense that is going to carry the team like the 00 Ravens or 02 Bucs. There are considerable holes in the secondary, and we've struggled with creating turnovers too.

With Green at QB we have a QB who is more cautious with the ball. So if we dont turn it over we should be ok. But i just cant see this team putting up any points, and i dont think our defense is strong enough to deal with that. Plus we play a lot of quality football teams this year. The Patriots and Jets twice, the Bills who we always struggle with twice, the Eagles, the Cowboys and we lose a home game for the London game, which could go either way even though the Giants suck.

Realistically, and i am a realist, i dont see how anyone could have this team winning at most more than 8 games.

They'll win 5-6, still not have the QB of the future and will probably have to take one next year. Which baffles me why you dont take Quinn even if he is still a project.

They'll win 5-6, still not have the QB of the future and will probably have to take one next year. Which baffles me why you dont take Quinn even if he is still a project.

We won that many games last year with Harrington and MM, You don't think Daunte or Green and Cam can win more?

We won that many games last year with Harrington and MM, You don't think Daunte or Green and Cam can win more?

Well it's hard to imagine that Jason Taylor would be able to elevate his play like he did for those games we won last year. Especially if we're still very frustrated on the offensive side of the ball. Again, thats the period of time during last season when the defense was forcing turnovers. They dont do that normally, if they dont again this year, we wont win games even if Green is miles better than Harrington.

I think how we fare in our division will dictate how well our final record is. If we can get a 3-3 record against division opponents, then 9-7 isn't so far-fetched. However, our schedule (from the outset) look brutal. Our last 10 games are going to be a real difficult stretch...Patriots, Giants, Bills, @Eagles, @Steelers, Jets, @Buffalo, Ravens, @Patriots, Bengals....I mean those are all teams that finished at .500 or better last year.

I could see us being anywhere between 6-10 to 10-6....I really could. It really depends on how well the offense responds (QB and Oline play) and if our defense can continue to play as well as it has, even with another year of age....and of course staying fairly healthy. We'll see. I am excited for the season.

Well it's hard to imagine that Jason Taylor would be able to elevate his play like he did for those games we won last year. Especially if we're still very frustrated on the offensive side of the ball. Again, thats the period of time during last season when the defense was forcing turnovers. They dont do that normally, if they dont again this year, we wont win games even if Green is miles better than Harrington.

JT's life just became a whole lot eaiser with the addition of Porter. Teams will have to respect him. JT will get plenty of one on one action and their is no T in the league that can stop JT. The Defense is the last thing I'll worry about. Could you imagine this D with some sorta Offense?? We finished the season 20th overall last year with Joey Harrington and MM. Look at the weapons we added, Ginn,Booker, Schlesinger, Martin all of which IMO are better then what we had last year on Offense. The Oline has had a few changes aswell, I think they are better then last year. We added Cam and moved MM to TE's coach, I think that's an improvement.

Look I'm not going to guarantee anything. We could be last this year in the east then again would could be much better. I like the additions and I think we'll be better.

IMO 5-11 would be a miracle given the slop that the dolphins call a roster right now.

You have no offensive line or QB. Ronnie Brown is still a bust, Chambers was a one year wonder, and you lost a solid TE.

On defense all your star players are one year older and slower, and Cam Cameron already proved his incompetance by drafing a 2nd round calibur player in the top 10.

Sorry but I see the dolphins picking #1 overall in 2008.

I noticed you didnt mention Daunte on this side of it. Thats probably because we didnt win but 1 with him.

With Green and Cam yes. With Daunte and anyone(even Bill Walsh, Shula, Coryelle) we would win less than 5 or 6.

IMO 5-11 would be a miracle given the slop that the dolphins call a roster right now.

You have no offensive line or QB. Ronnie Brown is still a bust, Chambers was a one year wonder, and you lost a solid TE.

On defense all your star players are one year older and slower, and Cam Cameron already proved his incompetance by drafing a 2nd round calibur player in the top 10.

Sorry but I see the dolphins picking #1 overall in 2008.

I wouldn't mind us picking #1 in 2008 to snatch Brian Brohm to be honest. But it will probably be if we trade up, not because we finish dead last.

I wouldn't mind us picking #1 in 2008 to snatch Brian Brohm to be honest. But it will probably be if we trade up, not because we finish dead last.

Don't bet on it...because the dolphins have a very tough schedule (as does the entire AFC East). Plus all the other bad AFC teams like the Browns and Raiders had great drafts and are going to be better than Miami this year.

You guys might not even win a division game this year seriously.

I noticed you didnt mention Daunte on this side of it. Thats probably because we didnt win but 1 with him.

With Green and Cam yes. With Daunte and anyone(even Bill Walsh, Shula, Coryelle) we would win less than 5 or 6.

No, I didn't mention Daunte Cause he was clearly still injured. Tell me though, How did W.McGahee or Edgerin James look after their first season of recovery form lesser injuries??

Don't bet on it...because the dolphins have a very tough schedule (as does the entire AFC East). Plus all the other bad AFC teams like the Browns and Raiders had great drafts and are going to be better than Miami this year.

You guys might not even win a division game this year seriously.

Umm, the Bills finished 28th overall on offense. 28th in passing and 27th in rushing. While the Dolphins finished 20th overall on offense 13th in passing 22nd in rushing. Now that was just last year, Oh and we also finished 4th overall on Defense while the Bills finished 16th overall on defense, nealry last against the rush.

So tell me, how is it the Dolphins are horrible? If you think the Dolphins will only win 5 games this year then by the stats above you must think the Bills will win 0 games, therefore the Bills would be selecting #1 overall. I think your're really lost and reality is something you've never heard of.

I think how we fare in our division will dictate how well our final record is. If we can get a 3-3 record against division opponents, then 9-7 isn't so far-fetched. However, our schedule (from the outset) look brutal.

I agree. Our division is the key. We need to sweep Buffalo and at least split with the Jests and Patsies.

Our schedule is brutal especially on the back end. I think our first 8 is the soft part and we need to win 6 of those to have a good shot at 10-6.

People are pretending Dallas at Home, in september is a tough game. It isnt. This is one of out most winnable games and almost a must have. Look at our home record in September. That heat and our D is disaster for most teams. Except when we had Daunte. Plus Dallas just isnt very good.

The Giants should be a win as well if we play the game in Alaska, Zimbabwae, Miami, Hong Kong, Chile, or London. Shouldnt matter.

The only real tough NFC game is at Philly irrespective of what happens with McNabb. Reid is good and they are always tough late in the year. That is a tough place to play too.

Im not real concerned with Washington other than its the first game and its on the road. Its a tougher game than the Giants or Boys but it should be a win. Im not saying Washington is better than Dallas.

We have to beat Houston for once this year. We have to beat Oakland. We have to beat Cleveland. If we get those 6 wins I would bet we could get 4 more from the other 10 easy.

JT's life just became a whole lot eaiser with the addition of Porter. Teams will have to respect him. JT will get plenty of one on one action and their is no T in the league that can stop JT. The Defense is the last thing I'll worry about. Could you imagine this D with some sorta Offense?? We finished the season 20th overall last year with Joey Harrington and MM. Look at the weapons we added, Ginn,Booker, Schlesinger, Martin all of which IMO are better then what we had last year on Offense. The Oline has had a few changes aswell, I think they are better then last year. We added Cam and moved MM to TE's coach, I think that's an improvement.

Look I'm not going to guarantee anything. We could be last this year in the east then again would could be much better. I like the additions and I think we'll be better.

They lose Kevin Carter though, i think he was a solid part of our pass rush. Not to mention we still have done nothing to solidify our terrible secondary, although Bell the ENTIRE season should be better.

Bills fan, how is Ronnie Brown a bust? He's proven he can be 1000 yard rusher, would have been his first season without Ricky taking carries and was his second season. He also missed numerous games in both seasons but still managed close to 1000 yards and did very well catching the ball also.

Coming from a team with no RB Buffalo, thats pretty rich to say Ronnie is a bust.

Back
Top Bottom