Adam's Game Day Thread (messed up merge) | Page 8 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Adam's Game Day Thread (messed up merge)

Thank God the Canes resurgence makes me less angry at the Dolphins remaining in irrelevance. I can now watch Dolphins games without a single **** again, because I know that regardless of the outcome I have something to look forward to on Saturday.
I agree. The game last Saturday was vintage Canes and the place was rocking. I hadn't been that excited watching a football game in a long time. The place looked and sounded like the old Orange Bowl and the Canes were flying to the ball all game long and the offense made big plays. I only wish the Dolphins would play like that. Also, that game showed that Miami fans will go to the games and they will be loud as any if the team gives them something to cheer for.

Ozzy rules!!

It's definitely an exciting time to be a Devils fan again. Last night was an amazing win, maybe the best win so far this season. They've always helped balance things out for me with the Dolphins having been so lousy for the last 15-20 years, but I've basically lived in misery with both teams since 2012- the last five years have been awful as a Devs fan. It's awesome to see we're on our way back to respectability again. :thumbsup

Habs fan here, our team is mediocre at best. Happy to see the Devils be successful again. Go Dolphins!

Dont worry about the late start...recent history says it will be over by 10PM

Habs fan here, our team is mediocre at best. Happy to see the Devils be successful again. Go Dolphins!
I saw a Devs-Habs game up in Montreal back in 2008- one of the most amazing atmospheres for any sporting event I've ever been to. Every sports fan should put it on their bucket list to see a hockey game in Montreal.

This is going to be an ugly game for us. Our bottom tier offense vs their top tier defense... yuck. I definitely am looking forward to the debut of Mcdonald in this defense though.

aint Canes G.O. back tonight too?? huge matchup probs for LBs and McCain..

yeah 0-fer nat games... see us in 10yrs.

Last edited:
Crowd vs Crowd is never impossible. Dolphins should have energy and pride, after two consecutive losses. Spread looks about right. My Excel combo of statistical and situational stuff had Carolina by 8. But if I had to play I'd take the Dolphins.

Yes, the Canes resurgence has really altered the local dialog. At the game on Saturday night I heard some Canes fans say the Dolphins should be kicked out of the stadium. Then my elderly aunt called me last night and wanted to know when the Canes play again. She never watches college games but heard so much commotion about Miami/Notre Dame last week that she decided to watch. She was so amazed by how the Canes played that now she wants me to alert her to the time and channel every week. I was telling her about the significance of the Clemson game so she wrote it all down.

Most priceless of all was when Carolyn asked me, in all sincerity, "Why don't the Dolphins play like that? Can't they watch how the Hurricanes play? Can't they take lessons?"

Crowd vs Crowd is never impossible. Dolphins should have energy and pride, after two consecutive losses. Spread looks about right. My Excel combo of statistical and situational stuff had Carolina by 8. But if I had to play I'd take the Dolphins.

Yes, the Canes resurgence has really altered the local dialog. At the game on Saturday night I heard some Canes fans say the Dolphins should be kicked out of the stadium. Then my elderly aunt called me last night and wanted to know when the Canes play again. She never watches college games but heard so much commotion about Miami/Notre Dame last week that she decided to watch. She was so amazed by how the Canes played that now she wants me to alert her to the time and channel every week. I was telling her about the significance of the Clemson game so she wrote it all down.

Most priceless of all was when Carolyn asked me, in all sincerity, "Why don't the Dolphins play like that? Can't they watch how the Hurricanes play? Can't they take lessons?"

It's cool that the Canes are finally making some noise but haven't they been the very definition of "crowd" for just about as long as the Dolphins?

My prediction is that if Newton doesn't get the passing game going he will run it a lot. His preference seems to be that he carry the ball. That will be a mistake against the Dolphins. He is likely to get his bell rung and miss part of the game.

I do not see any reason why Cutler won't have a good game; as good as his play was last week. With some fresh veteran players taking the field for the Dolphins, I expect an improved performance by both the offensive line and the defensive backfield. I am unaware of any equivalent upgrades happening with the Panthers.

I feel the Dolphins will win this game.

Here's hoping Larsen can improve our guard play. Davis did a decent job against the Raiders, but obviously he is needed at RT tonight.

Back
Top Bottom