Adding a threat to Drake | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Adding a threat to Drake

CJ Anderson may be cut from Denver..I'm willing to bet a lot of money he's going to end up in Miami..He's Damian Williams but better at everything Damian Williams does..
exactly the type of back to compliment Drake. Give me a cheap older vet as long as he is someone who can pound the ball when needed.

Yes a backup running back is a must, as there are no other options on the team currently and Drake has a very long history of being injured.

Williams is not a good option
My answer for anyone suggesting that Gase using anything more than the very very low 4th we got for Jay Ajayi from Philly is BS, Gase traded for that future back now take your medicine like a big boy and live with it.

Gase said in his final press conf that he preferred a two-back system. What are your thoughts on either a rookie, Love, Johnson, Guice, Chubbs or Michel and where do you think they would land? And your thoughts on having two backs rotate? In addition, what about Leveon Bell? I left Barkley off, because I don't think Miami would trade up or he would land at 11.

Personally for me, I'd love to draft a back in round 2, preferably one from the SEC, but Love is a solid back too. I am not not sold on Drake's durability, but whoever we draft, should be a 3 down back. We need to keep the formula alive still, dual threat RBs and a hopefully a middle seam TE
I happen to agree with you, his Durability is something that concerns me as well.

And Drake led the NFL in rushing over the last 5 weeks of the season.

Tunsil was definitely drafted to be the team LT for the next 10 years or the team would not have parted with Albert to move him out there,
this team needs a dynamic qb, rb and wr. you want linemen, go a
Yes a backup running back is a must, as there are no other options on the team currently and Drake has a very long history of being injured.
how come you and I are the only ones that see that? it isn't a backup RB, it's a back that would be part of a two headed monster. doesn't matter who starts

I don't think people are saying that we don't need another RB. We're saying we don't need to draft one at 42

Ozzy rules!!

a
I don't think people are saying that we don't need another RB. We're saying we don't need to draft one at 42

Ozzy rules!!
and how have we been on 1st round picks on needs last few years?

Good year to be looking at running back. There are at least 12 decent backs that could be drafted in the first 3 or 4 rounds that would look good in Miami. I like Royce Freeman as a tandem back with Drake. My preference is to add Carlos Hyde in free agency at a fair price if possible. He's had a decent career, but nothing that screams big contract. I do think he could be a very good back over the next few seasons if he's on the right team. I would draft Mark Walton as my 3rd down back and then try to add someone like Jarvion Franklin in the 7th round or as an udfa. If you miss on Walton, two other 3rd down back types that you can add very late are Nic Wilson from Arizona and Mike Weber from Ohio State.

Last edited:
In watching the U of Wash/Penn St bowl game, I liked what I saw from the Huskies' Myles Gaskin as a later pick.

Rushing Receiving Scrimmage
Year School Conf Class Pos G Att Yds Avg TD Rec Yds Avg TD Plays Yds Avg TD
*2015 Washington Pac-12 FR RB 13 227 1302 5.7 14 6 19 3.2 0 233 1321 5.7 14
*2016 Washington Pac-12 SO RB 14 237 1373 5.8 10 19 137 7.2 1 256 1510 5.9 11
2017 Washington Pac-12 JR RB 13 222 1380 6.2 21 19 232 12.2 3 241 1612 6.7 24
Career Washington 686 4055 5.9 45 44 388 8.8 4 730 4443 6.1

a

and how have we been on 1st round picks on needs last few years?
Not good but what does that have to do with taking a RB early? You're saying yourself that we "need" a RB but you're saying that we shouldn't go for need. Hey I'm all for taking the best player on the board to a point. Would you take a SS at 11 when we already have TJM and Jones? You have to look at it from different angles. It's not always black and white

Ozzy rules!!

Oh I see now. The FO made a big mistake paying big money to a very average DE and then drafted a project in the first round that had TWO sacks and 17 tackles for the whole year so because of that we can not draft a DE......LOL.......are you a comedian dude? Who cares how much they're paying those guys if they can't get the job done? Kiko's getting paid a lot of money so I guess we don't need any more LB's?
We have two Safeties making a lot of money so we should not draft a FS for the next 4 years?

We have 3 first round pick invested on the O-line so we should not bring anyone else in?

We have NO pass rush and need to take care of it. I'm not saying it has to be at 11 but we need a pass rushing DE

Ozzy rules!!
I agree 100% with what you're getting at here, but I still fear that this coaching staff and FO actually feel this way.

In watching the U of Wash/Penn St bowl game, I liked what I saw from the Huskies' Myles Gaskin as a later pick.

Rushing Receiving Scrimmage
Year School Conf Class Pos G Att Yds Avg TD Rec Yds Avg TD Plays Yds Avg TD
*2015 Washington Pac-12 FR RB 13 227 1302 5.7 14 6 19 3.2 0 233 1321 5.7 14
*2016 Washington Pac-12 SO RB 14 237 1373 5.8 10 19 137 7.2 1 256 1510 5.9 11
2017 Washington Pac-12 JR RB 13 222 1380 6.2 21 19 232 12.2 3 241 1612 6.7 24
Career Washington 686 4055 5.9 45 44 388 8.8 4 730 4443 6.1

Gaskin is 5-9 and less than 200 pounds and doesn't have much speed either. I have serious doubts about his NFL prospects. He plays hard and has a lot of heart. Feel the same was for Lindsey out of Colorado. Usually if you're small you make up for with speed and I'm not sure Gaskin or Lindsey can do that at the NFL level.

this is why we suck. sure wait day 3 for a RB or QB. LOL
CJ Anderson may be cut from Denver..I'm willing to bet a lot of money he's going to end up in Miami..He's Damian Williams but better at everything Damian Williams does..

Coach Gase spent time training CJ Anderson about his offense, so I would not be surprised if he was added. Coach Gase wants multiple capabable all around backs that can block, catch passes, with good enough vision, and the ability to read the hole. He needs two or three like all teams do. The only difference is that he probably is not interested in a bruising back, and I agree with him given the system he runs.

I wouldn’t touch Nick Chubb before round 5...I wouldn’t let Sony Michel get past my second round pick

Back
Top Bottom