Ahmad Bradshaw interested in Dolphins | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Ahmad Bradshaw interested in Dolphins

I think you might be overthinking it. Players develop medical problems. You can't find me a player that's been in the league four years that doesn't have some lingering medical problem that will never be pain-free. Removing bone spurs from an ankle isn't even relevant to the discussion, IMO. It's a nothing surgery, elective. I believe they did it just because they could, as he was already in recovery for the pins he had put in his metatarsals. Sort of like if you're replacing a head gasket in your engine you might as well replace the timing belt and the water pump while the mechanic has half the engine taken apart anyway, because the additional cost is minimal and if one of them goes then they have to take half the engine apart again and the cost won't be so minimal.

The pins are there to stabilize a problem. To my knowledge, it's stabilized. Will he have pain? Yeah. But look at the guy's history. He played 15 games in 2008, 15 games in 2009, and 16 games in 2010 despite being fresh off the pin surgery and despite "reports" of him having issues in camp (we've seen those kinds of "reports" before, he put paid to them by playing 16 games). I believe the games he missed in 2007 might have been suspension-related not injury-related. He plays through pain, he deals with problems and still puts himself on the football field. That's an important quality to have, at least as important as a totally clean injury history on a 4 year veteran tailback which you're not going to find pretty much ever.

He's only had one year of carrying the load and that was last year. It's not like he carried the load once and then was never the same again. We don't know of any medical problems he's got going on this off season. He doesn't have a whole lot of tread on the tires. I think Ahmad Bradshaw is the kind of player that is poised to become a breakout player, if he's not already.

If I were the Dolphins I'd be more concerned investigating his character history than his injury history. You don't want him to become a different person when he gets money.

What up CK.

The bone spurs is a total non-issue, i totally agree. That is just a clean up procedure that goes on just about every time somebody has foot or ankle surgery.

But the history part, to your point, is the exact reason im concerned. He developed not 1, but 2 stress fractures during a year he didnt really carry the load. The doctors went so far as to tell him to change the way he ran, that his natural running motion could possibly have caused them.

He absolutely played through the pain, and thats a great quality to have. But after one year of carrying the load, (and he still conceded plenty of carries to that big waste of a lug Brandon Jacobs), he still wasnt recovered.

If i'm going to give a guy a long term lucrative deal, his injury status better look good. And it's not like we have the best doctors.....lol

Who knows as he gets older and more carries how the feet act. Just my worry

I forget what it was, there was some kind of suspended sentence where he had to serve time for something he did a long time ago or something like that, even before he got into the NFL.

But yeah that would be my concern, what "strike" is he on with Roger Goodell and how likely do you feel he'll be to screw up again, and also does he have bad character to where the pain he played through and the stuff he went through on his rookie contract, he won't go through that stuff on a veteran contract.

i think he did jail time last offseason for something...i seem to recall him missing mini camps due to it

haha i dont see him being in the mold of those running backs either, but hes a one cut guy and we're putting in a zone blocking one cut system i believe. so hopefully the pieces fit.
my biggest concern is the fumbling.
I still think Leshoure was the best back out of this class, and would have been a moster for us.

The Dolphins are losing three tailbacks this off season to free agency. They replaced one in the Draft. By rights they should be looking at taking two this free agency. But I could see them taking one and then having two or three UDFA runners compete with Kory Sheets for a roster spot. We've also heard reports that Jeff Ireland thinks Lex Hilliard could be a starting tailback, whereas Tony Sparano isn't so sure.

If you get Ahmad Bradshaw and then sign guys like DuJuan Harris and Brandon Saine as UDFAs to compete with Kory Sheets, I think you've done well on the position.

If, as feared, Bradshaw is just using us to get a sweeter deal from the Giants, and he gets re-signed during that 72 hour window...then I think you have to switch focus to DeAngelo Williams, but be prepared to lose him to the Broncos or a team like that. In that case, Brandon Jackson is the last guy I can think of that's worth targeting and if I'm getting down beyond him, then I'm starting to re-think my strategy of letting Ronnie Brown go. I didn't like how Brown played in 2010 but part of me wonders if he wasn't going easy because he was really afraid of getting hurt again which would kill his FA value.

haha i dont see him being in the mold of those running backs either, but hes a one cut guy and we're putting in a zone blocking one cut system i believe. so hopefully the pieces fit.
my biggest concern is the fumbling.
I still think Leshoure was the best back out of this class, and would have been a moster for us.

MARK INGRAM...book it

The Dolphins are losing three tailbacks this off season to free agency. They replaced one in the Draft. By rights they should be looking at taking two this free agency. But I could see them taking one and then having two or three UDFA runners compete with Kory Sheets for a roster spot. We've also heard reports that Jeff Ireland thinks Lex Hilliard could be a starting tailback, whereas Tony Sparano isn't so sure.

If you get Ahmad Bradshaw and then sign guys like DuJuan Harris and Brandon Saine as UDFAs to compete with Kory Sheets, I think you've done well on the position.

If, as feared, Bradshaw is just using us to get a sweeter deal from the Giants, and he gets re-signed during that 72 hour window...then I think you have to switch focus to DeAngelo Williams, but be prepared to lose him to the Broncos or a team like that. In that case, Brandon Jackson is the last guy I can think of that's worth targeting and if I'm getting down beyond him, then I'm starting to re-think my strategy of letting Ronnie Brown go. I didn't like how Brown played in 2010 but part of me wonders if he wasn't going easy because he was really afraid of getting hurt again which would kill his FA value.

yeah...i've heard the broncos are gonna go hard after deangelo...but brandon jackson??? UGH...if thats the case then i do go spend my money on something other than rb

MARK INGRAM...book it

:D We talked about it back around draft day, and I booked it then.

I don't see it. Ron Dayne 2.0

Had an UNREAL offensive line at 'Bama and to be honest I think his running mate Trent Richardson is going to be an absolute monster.

yeah...i've heard the broncos are gonna go hard after deangelo...but brandon jackson??? UGH...if thats the case then i do go spend my money on something other than rb

I think Bradshaw resigns with the G-men. They have already stated he's their number 1 offseason priority and the guy is in a system with weapons, .. in New York. Don't seem him leaving.

Deangelo is a good running back when healthy...... when healthy.... when healthy... lol i dont see the bang for the buck. and after that the class is pretty ugly. Im hoping for money spent elsewhere.

What up CK.

The bone spurs is a total non-issue, i totally agree. That is just a clean up procedure that goes on just about every time somebody has foot or ankle surgery.

But the history part, to your point, is the exact reason im concerned. He developed not 1, but 2 stress fractures during a year he didnt really carry the load. The doctors went so far as to tell him to change the way he ran, that his natural running motion could possibly have caused them.

He absolutely played through the pain, and thats a great quality to have. But after one year of carrying the load, (and he still conceded plenty of carries to that big waste of a lug Brandon Jacobs), he still wasnt recovered.

If i'm going to give a guy a long term lucrative deal, his injury status better look good. And it's not like we have the best doctors.....lol

Who knows as he gets older and more carries how the feet act. Just my worry

Based on what?

From the looks of it he developed stress fracture issues in his feet in 2009 that were corrected with pins after the season was over. He then went on to have a season where he touched the ball 21+ times a game and played all 16 games.

Are you sure you're not just losing the forest for the trees here? The surgery to stabilize the bones that kept wanting to get stressed too much, seems to be a smashing success. He had a problem, he had it fixed, he went on to be an effective bell cow (what else do you call a guy with 21+ touches per game?).

And by the way, I don't think you should be characterizing his sharing carries with Brandon Jacobs in 2010 as being a function of Bradshaw's durability or lack of talent. That's not being fair. The Giants gave Brandon a nice big contract a few years ago and he also happens to be one of the best red zone and power runners I have ever seen.

:D We talked about it back around draft day, and I booked it then.

I don't see it. Ron Dayne 2.0

Had an UNREAL offensive line at 'Bama and to be honest I think his running mate Trent Richardson is going to be an absolute monster.

ron dayne...what the heck... :sidelol:

you're killin me!!!

I think Bradshaw resigns with the G-men. They have already stated he's their number 1 offseason priority and the guy is in a system with weapons, .. in New York. Don't seem him leaving.

Deangelo is a good running back when healthy...... when healthy.... when healthy... lol i dont see the bang for the buck. and after that the class is pretty ugly. Im hoping for money spent elsewhere.

bradshaw and deangelo are the only 2 i'd spend $20 mil on...everyone else half that...if that...at best...sproles no thanks...michael bush...ehhh...i think daniel thomas brings a lot of that to the table minus the top end speed...

I think he's an underrated back. He always scores good marks on his pass protection. He catches balls out of the backfield. He consistently makes a tackler miss on 1 out of 7.5 touches. Yeah he only had 3.7 yards per carry this year but they haven't exactly had great OL success over there. James Starks did no better, like 3.8 yards per carry. Kuhn had only 3.2 yards per carry. Dmitri Nance was like 2.6 yards per carry. They have kind of a weird situation up there where they gave Ryan Grant a lot of money and at the same time with Aaron Rodgers there, they don't need terribly talented tailbacks to get the job done...so why bother trying to keep a guy like Jackson?

I think he's worth looking into

bradshaw and deangelo are the only 2 i'd spend $20 mil on...everyone else half that...if that...at best...sproles no thanks...michael bush...ehhh...i think daniel thomas brings a lot of that to the table minus the top end speed...

Michael Bush would absolutely be worth spending money on from a talent perspective but it doesn't matter, as he's an RFA according to John Clayton. He received a 1st & 3rd round tender. I think the league considers him to only have accrued 3 seasons not 4 seasons.

I think he's an underrated back. He always scores good marks on his pass protection. He catches balls out of the backfield. He consistently makes a tackler miss on 1 out of 7.5 touches. Yeah he only had 3.7 yards per carry this year but they haven't exactly had great OL success over there. James Starks did no better, like 3.8 yards per carry. Kuhn had only 3.2 yards per carry. Dmitri Nance was like 2.6 yards per carry. They have kind of a weird situation up there where they gave Ryan Grant a lot of money and at the same time with Aaron Rodgers there, they don't need terribly talented tailbacks to get the job done...so why bother trying to keep a guy like Jackson?

I think he's worth looking into

the difference is we need talented rbs unlike the pack with rodgers...we have no real high end qb to get by with average skill position players at rb like the pack have...and brandon jackson lacks explosion...yeah he's pretty solid in pass pro and what not and he can take some carries but i see no wow factor there...at least the 7th round kid last james starks had some explosive quality to his game...despite lacking vision big time

i just think jacksons meh...not much better than what we have returning and if i'm not really upgrading whats the point???

Michael Bush would absolutely be worth spending money on from a talent perspective but it doesn't matter, as he's an RFA according to John Clayton. He received a 1st & 3rd round tender. I think the league considers him to only have accrued 3 seasons not 4 seasons.

you got to be nuts to give up a 1st and a 3rd for michael bush...but leave it to the raiders to overstate their players value...they think they're guys are solid gold it seems

Back
Top Bottom