Ajayi has been traded to Eagles for a 4th round pick | Page 10 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Ajayi has been traded to Eagles for a 4th round pick

Status
Not open for further replies.
This isn’t just a bad trade....... This is horrificly bad. You trade a Pro Bowl running back that is running behind one of the WORST OL’s in football and trade him for a high 5th round pick?!?!? That’s just STUPID. We’re not going to win 2 more games this year...... Book it

cowboys dont need a slot

look at ajayis yards gained after first contact...its like plus 75 percent...a rediculous #

10 man boxes

I think they're actively trying to dump Landry too

This trade is gonna need explaining to me, since I don't like it. At all

The value is about as good as you were gonna get for a RB with a knee condition with only a season and change of games left before likely losing him for nothing due to a potential big contract needing to be signed.

The Drake era has begun down in Miami.

Personally, I like Drake. He has to learn NOT to run upright, but seems to have decent vision. Don't know about his blocking. As for JA, Gase hinted at 'freelancing' - not happy with 3-4 yards. He wanted a TD every time.

Tannenbum, the load who no one wanted in their front office based on "merit." (oh and who would have accepted a Jets demotion to capologist if it didn't put a damper on attracting potential replacements)

+

Gaines: the Peter Principle'd out career worker bee who other than being used as a Rooney Rule prop stood no chance of being seriously considered for a GM position.

=

Franchise cancers!!!

I'm as close as I've ever been to throwing in the towel and just no longer giving a ****!!!!

Good value for a malcontent player, Miami is building its team the right way, Philly is not. But since Philly has played cupcakes the first half of the year, everyone thinks they are great, but they are not building through the draft and that will catch up to them in the long run.

Read the tea leaves here folks. In a week that the head coach publicly complained about the practice and study habits of his players on the offensives side of the ball, the RB who he has benched before gets traded. Clearly Ajayi is one of those guys not doing his job off the field. And as good as he is when he is good, he also is the back that frequently tip toes behind the line leaving us in 2nd and long situations again and again. I loved watching him on a good day, but on his bad days, he has hurt us more than some on the board here realize. Add that to his knee concerns, and while I might not totally agree with trading talent away from a bad offense, there could be some valid reasons for this trade.
Well the day is still young, because a third of the players on offense should be traded as well.

We just traded the best yards after contact running back in the NFL for chump change lmaoooooo.

This franchise is a JOKE. We have coaches doing blow in the locker room but let's hold the few players who are talented playmakers on our team like Ajayi and Landry accountable am i right? Sell them off for pennies on the dollar.

**** outta here. Joke franchise.

Make sense for the Eagles. With Blount they have a couple of capable RBs now they can use by committee. It makes it easier for their young QB. It makes them a better team.
For us it must be addition through subtraction. If you have a player living on the glory from the last year and lacks the work ethic and vision he is a distraction. He seem to be contend to just run up the middle get his yard and a cloud of dust rather than follow his blocks or once in a while cut to the outside. Honestly, this year we don't lose anything. 3.7 yards/carry and 0 TDs are easy to replace.

I wonder who else will be tossed to the wolves today. Williams? Landry?

Could this move put Gase instantly on the hot seat if the offense continues to stink it up and Ajayi excels and goes to the Super Bowl with Philly?

Hate to see a good drafted player go but, a few things.

He wasn't playing up to par, not putting in the effort via gase and was not executing properly in game.

While he does have one year remaining on the rookie deal, he likely would want a new contract next year and potentially be a holdout distraction.

Knowing the contract extension was coming up in the next few years, and knowing about his degenerative knee issues, maybe this is more a futures move, betting he won't last much longer, especially to have to risk guaranteed money.

We got him for a 5th and got a fourth in return, so a wash basically. This is Gases way of changing the culture. It started last year with leaving Ajayi home game one because of his attitude then, followed by the two OLinemen canned. Then benched maxwell for some time. This year he has canned maxwell and sent ajayi packing to show the lockeroom, if you don't put in the effort and do it the way I teach, we will replace you, and status doesn't matter....

I think they also realize this season isn't likely to go the way camp lead on after all the injuries and early issues.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom