Amendola Signing Grade: D+ | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Amendola Signing Grade: D+

Not like no one knows this, but IMO Gase and T-bum should be drug tested. They have no idea how to build a winner.

The real reason for the amendola signing is when we play the Cheatriots, line amendola up at CB and hope Brady will throw to him.

I am guessing Amendola will at least know his playbook and where and how to run his routes.

We are paying Albert Wilson $7M a year and Danny Amendola $6M+ per year?? Someone needs to take the credit card away from Tannenbaum.

Wilson wasn't even seriously pursued by his former team, and that team needed WR help.

Amendola is going to be 33 this season, has only had 2 seasons out of 9 where he wasn't injured, and has similar YAR to Biran Hartline. This guy catches the ball, then is either out of bounds or on the ground. He couldn't even put up decent numbers with Tom Brady throwing him the ball.

**** our GM.

Chiefs didn't pursue Wilson because they were targeting Watkins, as they want to have more vertical threats for Mahomes big arm. They couldn't pay Sammy 16 and Wilson 8. And yes, Watkins is a better player than Wilson (Goff missed him a bunch of times when he was open last year), but I don't need all-stars at every position. I want them to sign good players with potential aka Wilson.

The bears and Nagy, who was the OC for the Chiefs last year, wanted Wilson FWIW.

Might be a little harder for him to get open since he won't know the exact defensive play that was called. His hands will also have to get used to a heavier football.
And he’ll have to get open with actual skill and not via a patented Patriot pick play.

Funny conspiracy theory to laugh at: Amendola is the first attempt in the Patriots plan to infiltrate other teams by inserting players directly into them. Amendola has won his rings with the pats, has tight relationship with pats players and coaches yet was looking to retire. Kraft and Belicheat pay him to go to "retirement miami" and initiate phase 1 of eternal NFL dominance. Keep you eyes peeled all lol.

Chiefs didn't pursue Wilson because they were targeting Watkins, as they want to have more vertical threats for Mahomes big arm. They couldn't pay Sammy 16 and Wilson 8. And yes, Watkins is a better player than Wilson (Goff missed him a bunch of times when he was open last year), but I don't need all-stars at every position. I want them to sign good players with potential aka Wilson.

Well let's see....(1) Watkins and Wilson don't play the same position, (2) Watkins is only going to count $8M against the Chief's salary cap this year, (3) Andy Reid has no viable slot receiver on his roster and its a huge part of his playcalling, (4) Albert Wilson was Mahomes' favorite target (see Denver game), and (5) Chief had over $21M in cap space as of last week and didnt even make Wilson a serious offer. What else is there?

Back
Top Bottom