Andy Slater - Dolphins believe rookie LB Raekwon McMillan tore his ACL | Page 17 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Andy Slater - Dolphins believe rookie LB Raekwon McMillan tore his ACL

It has been unfortunate and I've said before this injury that I couldn't remember a worse training camp. I don't see Raekwon's injury moving the needle on our win/loss column this season but the injuries as a whole may be too overwhelming to overcome.

If Raekwon was going to step in and be a quality starting MLB for us, that was a W/L difference, in my opinion.

It's just another body blow.

If Raekwon was going to step in and be a quality starting MLB for us, that was a W/L difference, in my opinion.

Teams now can eat in base and nickel at the lb level so yeah I think it definitely effects our bottom line. Teams attack weaknesses. And we have zero strong depth in the building and a marginal mike depth option if they promote him not very stout at the poa or on the goalline short yardage

It's not on point because he was hurt right away, but the four game pre-season schedule is asinine and just a money grab. Yiu play 16 regular season games and you need a quarter of that for pre-season? If advanced aliens swooshed down and saw this, they'd pat us on the heads and say "silly little simple humans." They need two games MAX but it's the owners method of cranking cash out for garbage product. And I don't think you need an 18 game regular season either. Two much attrition, it' savage. 16 regular season and two pre-season, done.

Hell why can't Misi pull a Brandon Albert?

Because he had disc fused in his neck and they won't medically clear him. Call me crazy, but he probably doesn't want to end up blowing in a straw to move his wheelchair for the rest of his life.

Who exactly are you to be making a decision like that when you're completely clueless when it comes to professional sports?
And who are you to tell me I shouldn't post my opinion on a forum when thats all people do here? I clarified what I was meaning when i made that post. we come on here to talk about a team we all follow and post our opinions and observations about that team. No need to be rude because you disagree with me. And because you have 30,000 posts on this board doesnt make you know anything more about professional sports than I do.

I lost faith because both of these injuries could have been avoided by listening to the majority of doctors (tannehill) and having McMillan not play on punt coverage. Look if Gase had zero control over Tannehills surgery option then fine, not on him. And its not like we will ever know what kind of say he had in the decision. So ill recant that statement and put that on frustration from last night. But the McMillan injury was 100 percent on him. Putting him out there when we are already thin at linebacker wasnt smart plain and simple. If he got the injury playing mike last night, then tough luck its football. But he should have never been in that position to begin with to get hurt.
Rookie linebackers play special teams, that's just how it works. It was a freak accident that sucks but he absolutely needed to get some experience at special teams and training camp is when that happens. To fault Gase for that is just 100% wrong.

Did Charles Harris at least look the win sub pass rush part yesterday? I won't see the game til tomorrow and we got a lot riding on him in the sub.

Rookie linebackers play special teams, that's just how it works. It was a freak accident that sucks but he absolutely needed to get some experience at special teams and training camp is when that happens. To fault Gase for that is just 100% wrong.
I dont see that written in the rules anywhere. I get playing rookies on special teams. I get thats a typical thing. But when said rookie is about the only worthy option to play a position of need you dont throw him out there on special teams. You dont put tannehill on punt coverage do you? Ajayi? Wake? Not saying hes on the level of those players yet but hes as valuable at that postion as almost anyone right now simply because we are sooooo thin. We NEEDED him at mike. We didnt need him on punt coverage.

While this sucks for Raekwon, I don't see how the defense is ruined because of a rookie, who has never played in an NFL game, missing the season. I understand there were high hopes for him but it's not like we are losing an all pro here. Chances are his first season would be mediocre at best. The defense still has a lot of missing pieces so I think we are expecting a tad too much from it and Raekwon this season. Hoping he heals up quickly or maybe it is not as bad as feared but it's time for, as Gase says, next man up.
Agreed...although this is rotten luck.

I dont see that written in the rules anywhere. I get playing rookies on special teams. I get thats a typical thing. But when said rookie is about the only worthy option to play a position of need you dont throw him out there on special teams. You dont put tannehill on punt coverage do you? Ajayi? Wake? Not saying hes on the level of those players yet but hes as valuable at that postion as almost anyone right now simply because we are sooooo thin. We NEEDED him at mike. We didnt need him on punt coverage.

I agree, I think Gase got a little too greedy in terms of risk vs. reward with using him on punt coverage. Sure, he can help a little bit in that area but so can other guys who are less valuable. Gase is still a very young H.C, I think he learns from this and is more conservative on who he puts in specials, ESPECIALLY in the preseason. At the end of the day though, it's football, s*** happens.

JMO, but I didn't see a 2nd round rookie coming in right away and being a quality starter. Maybe later down the line in the season but I envisioned a lot of rotating.

And who are you to tell me I shouldn't post my opinion on a forum when thats all people do here? I clarified what I was meaning when i made that post. we come on here to talk about a team we all follow and post our opinions and observations about that team. No need to be rude because you disagree with me. And because you have 30,000 posts on this board doesnt make you know anything more about professional sports than I do.

Not once did I say you shouldn't post your opinion. But when it's as baseless as you stating you've lost faith in Adam Gase already what really is the point? How do injuries, which happen in sports, get you to lose faith in a guy who led the team to 10 wins last year with a weaker team? Then you make it seem like it's up to Gase and Gase only to force Tannehill to get surgery. That isn't reality.

My posting history doesn't make me smarter than you or anyone else here. Yet I've never had the audacity to make outlandish statements in a limited time frame on FH.

JMO, but I didn't see a 2nd round rookie coming in right away and being a quality starter. Maybe later down the line in the season but I envisioned a lot of rotating.
PLEASE!
Have you seen what we are trotting out there at LB?

RM probably would have been the best backer we had... and right away.

I agree, I think Gase got a little too greedy in terms of risk vs. reward with using him on punt coverage. Sure, he can help a little bit in that area but so can other guys who are less valuable. Gase is still a very young H.C, I think he learns from this and is more conservative on who he puts in specials, ESPECIALLY in the preseason. At the end of the day though, it's football, s*** happens.
Sh** does happen. Its putting yourself in a position to keep out of the sh** that he needs to work on. I think he is going to be great for this team, but his youth was shown from this.

Back
Top Bottom