Anecdotal evidence that the "haters" are FOS....... | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Anecdotal evidence that the "haters" are FOS.......

Section126

FinHeaven VIP
Reaction score
I was speaking with some guys that I have known through the years....they are all very informed and obsessive NFL football fans.....There are 5....A Cowboys Fan, A Jets Fan, A Patriots Fan, A Raiders Fan and A Fins Fan.

To a Man, they all say that we have improved this year and contend that we are better than we have been in the last 4 years. The Pats Fan swears that we will play for the division title at the end of the year against them. The rest believe that we are a 11-5 to 13-3 team....The Pats Fan predicted 10-6 for the fins BTW, and that the Pats will go 11-5.

Now, having spoken to alot of people in the last 2 months about the state of the Dolphins, I get a strong sense from almost 99% of them that we are a better team this year.......

So, I ask.....If we are a better team this year, then we should be better than 10-6 and there should really be no negativity on this board, should there be?.....yet there is.....

If you believe in Karma, then I will tell you that we will NEVER win a superbowl with this team because the negative "energy" that surrounds this team from the "doom and gloomers" is suffocating.

I don't see how very informed and obsessive football fans can predict such a great season for Miami when we don't know how well or how bad our offensive line will be.

If our offensive line doesn't do well, we will not be much better if at all than last year.

They see, Jeno James, Vernon Carey, Seth McKinney, and Damion McIntosh IN....and see Perry, Nails, Ruddy, and Wade OUT and they say....FIXED......

That's how.

Superself said:
I don't see how very informed and obsessive football fans can predict such a great season for Miami when we don't know how well or how bad our offensive line will be.

If our offensive line doesn't do well, we will not be much better if at all than last year.

The point is that if the haters want to claim that as a basis for their conduct, there is as little basis to believe we will be BAD as there is to believe we'll be GOOD, particularly when talking about a unit that is by definition far more about group than it is about individual players. At least those who are somewhat optimistic have hope on their side.

Section126 said:
They see, Jeno James, Vernon Carey, Seth McKinney, and Damion McIntosh IN....and see Perry, Nails, Ruddy, and Wade OUT and they say....FIXED......

That's how.

Oh boy, I wish it was that easy!
I wonder how many people would put their hard earned money on that?
I mean really.

We expect Carey to make rookie mistakes....he will be up and down throughout the year.
Jeno will do well...he is only one person though.
Hopefully Seth can get better-- he HAS to because last year's performance was just that.
Damion---would be a sucker bet that he even sees the field in the first game.

Way too many questions to bank on our o-line being a dominant unit.
I'd like to see it first.

Boston--Wade--Jeno--Seth--St. Clair--Carey--Randy--CC
..............................Feeley
..............................Ricky

That'll be our line I think, minus another TE/RB/HB/WR.

Left - solid
Center - good athleticly....hopefully will get the calling down better
Right inside - satisifed (not estactic)
RT - hopefully ok and Randy is going to have to help on the rush some
WRs/TEs/RBs....excellent
QB....flip a coin...

All in all....yeah our Oline should be better. How much remains to be seen. Part of how well they do will determine how well the passing game gets going. It's a bit harder for the Oline to constantly create holes through 8 defenders in the box every down. One hand washes the other to a degree.

Superself said:

but i think this is the point. no one can tell what is gonna happen. from all appearances, there have been significant strides to improve this area as well as QB. the weakest area has been the O-line and only one starter is returning. no one can tell till the whistle blows how well they will play but most will agree that there has been great focus in trying to upgrade this area. from the outside they may think the changes are upgrades and the team should not be defined by the antics of the FO and coaching staff.

Section, your buddies are wrong. If only it were that easy. First of all, the coaching staff wanted to put in McKinney last year but yet he could not beat anyone out for a starting job, I think he will be improved this year, but for your buds to say him and the rest of the additions are going to make this team a good one is dead wrong. Look at our additions last year and we said we were a good team and we didn't make the playoffs, so nothing is certain until season starts.

Superself said:
Oh boy, I wish it was that easy!
I wonder how many people would put their hard earned money on that?
I mean really.

We expect Carey to make rookie mistakes....he will be up and down throughout the year.
Jeno will do well...he is only one person though.
Hopefully Seth can get better-- he HAS to because last year's performance was just that.
Damion---would be a sucker bet that he even sees the field in the first game.

Way too many questions to bank on our o-line being a dominant unit.
I'd like to see it first.
I'm not debating you SS but there's one point that keeps bugging me every time I see it....the part about Carey making rookie mistakes at RT.....I don't remember Todd Wade being too much of a problem his rookie year....as a matter of fact, you'll probably agree, his rookie year was practically his best he ever played.....Not sure how Kiper graded Wade when he came out but I know Carey was graded as a day one starter. Frankly I'm not too worried about RT anymore....but, center and RG still have me a bit worried....

We may have more talent on the field this year than we did last year, but we had more talent in 2002 than we did in 2001 and we went from a playoff team to a non-playoff team. Also, our roster improved last season, and while we did win one more game, we still missed the playoffs. We have made upgrades, but there are still question marks on this team. I do think we are better than we were last year, but we seem to improve every year and still not do anything....

inFINSible said:
I don't remember Todd Wade being too much of a problem his rookie year....as a matter of fact, you'll probably agree, his rookie year was practically his best he ever played.....Not sure how Kiper graded Wade when he came out but I know Carey was graded as a day one starter. /QUOTE]

I agree...Todds play after his first year sorta dulled my memory of how good he was at the time. He seemed to hit a wall and never went through it.

Hopefully Carey is as good or even better. I think he can be...so long as someone keeps him mad on the field.
I just don't want the first time he allows a sack or has a bad game for people to come out in droves saying that we wasted our first rounder because he is a bust.
You know how that goes... ;)

o-line still a question? HeII yes, but could they be any worse than last year? I say no to that question, which then you are looking at a situation where the worst case is they are as good as last years and best case is they are head and shoulders above last years unit. At least there is a best case worst case. No matter who we signed it was going to be that way. If we stayed status quo, it would have been worst case/worst case scenario and that would have been bad.

Superself said:
inFINSible said:
I don't remember Todd Wade being too much of a problem his rookie year....as a matter of fact, you'll probably agree, his rookie year was practically his best he ever played.....Not sure how Kiper graded Wade when he came out but I know Carey was graded as a day one starter. /QUOTE]

I agree...Todds play after his first year sorta dulled my memory of how good he was at the time. He seemed to hit a wall and never went through it.

Hopefully Carey is as good or even better. I think he can be...so long as someone keeps him mad on the field.
I just don't want the first time he allows a sack or has a bad game for people to come out in droves saying that we wasted our first rounder because he is a bust.
You know how that goes... ;)
Do I ever....:shakeno:

Back
Top Bottom