Anecdotal evidence that the "haters" are FOS....... | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Anecdotal evidence that the "haters" are FOS.......

Jimmy James said:
Yeah -- we already have a bust at LT because JT beat him in mini-camp. We can't afford another one... :rolleyes: :tongue:
:roflmao: good one....

Prime Time said:
Section, your buddies are wrong. If only it were that easy. First of all, the coaching staff wanted to put in McKinney last year but yet he could not beat anyone out for a starting job, I think he will be improved this year, but for your buds to say him and the rest of the additions are going to make this team a good one is dead wrong. Look at our additions last year and we said we were a good team and we didn't make the playoffs, so nothing is certain until season starts.

It can't be "dead wrong" if it's their opinions.

jbond said:
All in all....yeah our Oline should be better. How much remains to be seen. Part of how well they do will determine how well the passing game gets going. It's a bit harder for the Oline to constantly create holes through 8 defenders in the box every down. One hand washes the other to a degree.

Ah someone gets it. This where our passing attack failed us and made our OL look really bad. They were blocking 8 with 5 because no one respected our passing. This is why I still think we should bring Nails back..one blanket of continuity to keep this OL together. If CC and Boston, and Feely can do a little, the holes will open alot for Ricky.

MDFINFAN said:
Ah someone gets it. This where our passing attack failed us and made our OL look really bad. They were blocking 8 with 5 because no one respected our passing. This is why I still think we should bring Nails back..one blanket of continuity to keep this OL together. If CC and Boston, and Feely can do a little, the holes will open alot for Ricky.

I would buy this argument more if the LBs and safeties were making more of the tackles. I detailed the Jacksonville game in a thread a long time ago and the bulk of the tackles near the LOS were made by the DL, especially DTs. The interior of our line was just overwhelmed at the point of attack last year.

I also don't believe defensive coordinators somehow missed that Ricky was the focal point of the offense in 2002. He rushed for 1850 yds and got stronger near the end of the year. The difference is that we blocked better.

Let's look at last years results:

Houston Texans (L 20-21)
at New York Jets (W 21-10)
Buffalo Bills (W 17- 7)
BYE WEEK
at New York Giants (W 23-10)
at Jacksonville Jaguars (W 24-10)
New England Patriots (L 13-19)
at San Diego Chargers (W 26-10)
Indianapolis Colts (L 17-23)
at Tennessee Titans (L 7-31)
Baltimore Ravens (W 9-6)
Washington Redskins (W 24-23)
at Dallas Cowboys (W 40-21)
at New England Patriots (L 0-12)
Philadelphia Eagles (L 27-34)
at Buffalo Bills (W 20-3)
New York Jets (W 23-21)

Of the 6 losses that we had, WE WERE IN EVERY GAME - EXCEPT the Tennessee loss.

- We have improved across the board
- We had minimal loss in FA Departures
- We have gotten younger, and better, in every position - except LB and DT
- We filled the holes in the OL that were long overdue
- We are the Miami Dolphins!!!!!

I am very optimistic and excited about the upcoming season!

Not to be nit picky, but

If you believe in Karma, then I will tell you that we will NEVER win a superbowl with this team because the negative "energy" that surrounds this team from the "doom and gloomers" is suffocating.

Our positive or negative emotions or feelings has nothing to do with the karma of this team. Being a Buddhist, i can tell you that the collective karma of this team is soley dependant on the pepole directly involved, i.e. the coaching staff, players, upper management, owner, etc..

If you're Karma theory was remotely true, than the marlins would never have won the WS last year or the Heat wouldn't be in the playoffs, because Miami fans are very fickle and rarely support a losing team.

The only affect that we have on the outcome of a game is in game support which is 8 out of 16 games for home field advantage. And it can be argued that homefield advantage is grossly overated.

these are profeesional athletes. They get paid handsomely to perform a job, if they don't, we as fans have every right to be pissed, even if it's wasted energy.

inFINSible said:
I'm not debating you SS but there's one point that keeps bugging me every time I see it....the part about Carey making rookie mistakes at RT.....I don't remember Todd Wade being too much of a problem his rookie year....as a matter of fact, you'll probably agree, his rookie year was practically his best he ever played.....Not sure how Kiper graded Wade when he came out but I know Carey was graded as a day one starter. Frankly I'm not too worried about RT anymore....but, center and RG still have me a bit worried....

Keep in mind that Wade had Kevin Donnalley playing at RG, and mentioned many times how helpful that was. Donnalley left, replaced by Todd Perry, and it seems to me that Wade was not quite the same from then on.

Section126 said:
I was speaking with some guys that I have known through the years....they are all very informed and obsessive NFL football fans.....There are 5....A Cowboys Fan, A Jets Fan, A Patriots Fan, A Raiders Fan and A Fins Fan.

To a Man, they all say that we have improved this year and contend that we are better than we have been in the last 4 years. The Pats Fan swears that we will play for the division title at the end of the year against them. The rest believe that we are a 11-5 to 13-3 team....The Pats Fan predicted 10-6 for the fins BTW, and that the Pats will go 11-5.

Now, having spoken to alot of people in the last 2 months about the state of the Dolphins, I get a strong sense from almost 99% of them that we are a better team this year.......

So, I ask.....If we are a better team this year, then we should be better than 10-6 and there should really be no negativity on this board, should there be?.....yet there is.....

If you believe in Karma, then I will tell you that we will NEVER win a superbowl with this team because the negative "energy" that surrounds this team from the "doom and gloomers" is suffocating.

Oh boy. I am going to take the opinion of five pot bellied, beer guzzling fans as football gospel. That's persuasive.

And then we are going to go into Karma? Who are you Miss Cleo?

How about we lose because we are out coached, make bad personnel decisions, and don't have enough talent. Now there is an idea.

We have young, experienced OL across the board with the exception of Carey...He is an exception because, based on Kiper and the draft guru's, he should be a better rookie than Todd Wade was a few years ago...also, St. Clair is not as bad some think. He had a poor start at RT, but by the end of the year, he showed great improvement. His natural position is inside, not at tackle, so it is a credit to him that he improved. Seth struggled with the line calls, but not with the physical part of playing the OL. Seth also was pulled out of the center position to play guard due to injuries. He played in all but a couple of games, either at guard or center. If nothing more, our OL is more athletic and quicker and probably less injury prone due to their youth...Obviously all this will play itself out, but on paper, this OL is better than last years from top to bottom, including much more depth than last year.

QB...again, on paper AJ is better than JF...he has a stronger arm, is younger and is very much comperable to JF in leadership abilities once given the chance. Sage will be better because he will have another year in the system. Heck he may beat the other two guys out...(except DW won't let that happen, IMO).

WR - we have a better WR corp on paper as well. If Dbo only matches his production from last year, it it better than we got from McKnight and Thompson combined....

So your post is valid and it LOOKS like we should be a better squad this year....Now we just have to go out and prove it...

FinfanInBuffalo said:
I would buy this argument more if the LBs and safeties were making more of the tackles. I detailed the Jacksonville game in a thread a long time ago and the bulk of the tackles near the LOS were made by the DL, especially DTs. The interior of our line was just overwhelmed at the point of attack last year.

I also don't believe defensive coordinators somehow missed that Ricky was the focal point of the offense in 2002. He rushed for 1850 yds and got stronger near the end of the year. The difference is that we blocked better.

And the line call was for 8, any blitz package and using 5 we lost at the LOS.. If that many is not there, the blocks or one on one..must better odds.

Prime Time said:
Section, your buddies are wrong. If only it were that easy. First of all, the coaching staff wanted to put in McKinney last year but yet he could not beat anyone out for a starting job, I think he will be improved this year, but for your buds to say him and the rest of the additions are going to make this team a good one is dead wrong. Look at our additions last year and we said we were a good team and we didn't make the playoffs, so nothing is certain until season starts.

If you make the playoffs you are good enough if you dont then you aren't good enough.

Section126 said:
I was speaking with some guys that I have known through the years....they are all very informed and obsessive NFL football fans.....There are 5....A Cowboys Fan, A Jets Fan, A Patriots Fan, A Raiders Fan and A Fins Fan.

To a Man, they all say that we have improved this year and contend that we are better than we have been in the last 4 years. The Pats Fan swears that we will play for the division title at the end of the year against them. The rest believe that we are a 11-5 to 13-3 team....The Pats Fan predicted 10-6 for the fins BTW, and that the Pats will go 11-5.

Now, having spoken to alot of people in the last 2 months about the state of the Dolphins, I get a strong sense from almost 99% of them that we are a better team this year.......

So, I ask.....If we are a better team this year, then we should be better than 10-6 and there should really be no negativity on this board, should there be?.....yet there is.....

Oh...

Well if your anonymous panel which you say are informed fans say so then hell what the heck are any of us doing here.
Hell we should just give them a show on WQAM and FOX Sports as well.
Some of you guys go around ripping an anyone who wishes to discuss positives AND negagives objectively about the team. You point to how no one in the media knows what they are talking about and how certainly no fan can have any inkling of an idea of what a good move or a bad move is. Then what do we get here?

An argument from a secret NFL braintrust that is supposed to put anyone who inteligently questions any move the Phins have made in their place and prove that they are nothing but windbags full of hot air.
Who is this braintrust?
Friends of Section 126..... :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao:

CAN THIS BOARD GET ANY MORE PATHETIC!

pilotfish said:
Keep in mind that Wade had Kevin Donnalley playing at RG, and mentioned many times how helpful that was. Donnalley left, replaced by Todd Perry, and it seems to me that Wade was not quite the same from then on.
Did he say what exactly it was that made Donnalley so helpful?

Stands to reason that Donnelly probably helped him with what the de was doing his first year,and with skills. Now, i feel we all have to sit back and wonder what it is we are on a daily basis concerned about. There is no evidence that this team will be any worse as of yet. I see allot of people who are just frustrated at this team's two years out of the playoffs, and some who plain like to gripe. Hey if it makes you feel better to worry about something you can not change ,and to complain about something you are not sure of, have at it. I have no problem with someone making thier case. Just do not get mad if you case is disputed. That is what this is, an opinion forum. Atleast i think? Dolfanreal69

inFINSible said:
Did he say what exactly it was that made Donnalley so helpful?

Hey InFins, I think I remember it was that Wade wasn't that bright and Donnally helped him out when it came to the line calls and who he is suppose to be blocking.

Back
Top Bottom