Any danger of Sherman leaving? | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Any danger of Sherman leaving?

Hahahaha...Right...Because has has proven to be an excellent HC

1) 5 consecutive winning seasons
2) 2nd highest winning % in Packers history
3) Developer of QB's
4) Was coach and GM of the Packers
5) TAMU has three 1st rounders this year in the draft. Who do you think recruited them?

Yep....Sherman sucks. ****ing unbelievable.

Miami Dolphin fans are amazing. They bitch in a thread about lack of talent and then go on to complain that the OC cannot call plays.

I will say it again...Mike Sherman is one of the best things going for the Fins. If Sherman were to leave, let's see how you like Ken O'Keefe as OC. Holy ****.

as a counter point..
1.Despite 5 winning seasons, he backed into the playoffs a lot and a lot of Packer fans feel he underachieved. Bret Favre still somewhat in his prime with a good OL and Ahman Green and Donald Driver in their prime. And his last year was a disaster... oh and it was what? 2005.

2.Actually fifth behind Lambeau, Lombardi, Holmgren, and McCarthy. He does however, have the worst playoff record of Packer head coaches that have been to the playoffs more than twice (Dan Devine lost his only playoff game and Bart Starr was 1 and 1)

3.Really? Only QB he coached in college currently on an NFL roster is Ryan Tannehill. He didn't really develop Favre.

4.He was a HORRIBLE GM. Absolutely horrible. No denying that.

5. What does that have to do with anything? In recent years Oklahoma State has had Russell Okung, Dez Bryant, Justin Blackmon, and Brandon Weeden go in the first round. Do you want Mike Gundy has a head coach in the NFL?

I get you like Sherman Hayden, and that's fine. I understand and acknowledge some of his playcalling was limited by the lack of talent we had on offense... but answer me these questions.

1.Why Did we not involve Reggie Bush in the passing game more?
2.Why did we rely on Davone Bess as a deep threat when he's by far our slowest WR
3.Why did we not use Charles Clay more as a mismatch until the second half of the season
4.Why did we not involve Lamar Miller more on offense?
5.Why did we abandon the run so much?
6.Why did we not use Tannehill's athleticism until the last couple games? I understand Tanny got hurt in the 2nd Jets game... but guess what? That was our 6th or 7th game this season.

His play calling was inconsistent. It is a fair comment to make.

And his A&M record speaks against him. Before the year I would have said that the Aggie boosters had unrealistic expectations... until Sumlin came in. And yes... they were players Sherman recruited, but it was a completely different system. Under Sherman, the Aggies lost pretty much any big game they played in.

Now let me be perfectly clear before anybody complains about my post or misinterprets what my position is.
1.I think having Sherman as the OC will be a strength but losing him will not cripple the development of Ryan Tannehill. We run a West Coast Offense, which Tanny knew quite a bit of. It's not like Joe Philbin wasn't a good OC during his time with the Packers and it's not like we'd be changing what style of offense we run.

2.Based on the results from 2005 to 2012, I do not see any reason why Mike Sherman would be seriously considered for an NFL head coaching job. He is a quality assistant, yes. But any team that hires Sherman now would be the equivalent of hiring Dick Juron to be the head coach of your football team (and Dick is a good DC)

Liking Sherman is easy to back, not liking him is easy to back, but to act like he is God's Gift to the Miami Dolphins is flat out wrong.

I have no idea of the politics and happenings of TAMU of why he was pushed out. Maybe Kevin Sumlin needs to show he can win consistently without gravy training Sherman's recruits.

However, if you are believer in Ryan Tannehill then you better be a Sherman backer.
Bro I respectfully disagree whole heartily. I wasn't for Ryan when we drafted him and I admit that. I have supported him and think he will do great things as our QB. I am not sold on Sherman's play calling at all. When we get more weapons on offense this offense needs to open up. If Sherman were to leave today I wouldn't be upset at all.

oh and another hole in your argument Hayden with winning percentages as a coach for Sherman. Guess who has the highest winning percentage in Miami Dolphins history? Hint: It's not Shula

a70-1.gif

You do know Commdus DIES at the end.. :3w:

To be very honest you name no good reasons to support your arguement.

1) 5 consecutive winning seasons with who?
2) Thats fine, what did he do with the packers to get him fired?
3) Which QB did he develop in the NFL?
4) See #2
5) Who gives a crap who recruited them, who coached these 1st rounders?

Hahahaha...Right...Because has has proven to be an excellent HC

1) 5 consecutive winning seasons
2) 2nd highest winning % in Packers history
3) Developer of QB's
4) Was coach and GM of the Packers
5) TAMU has three 1st rounders this year in the draft. Who do you think recruited them?

I will say it again, Mike Sherman left ALOT of plays on the field and left MUCH to be desired. If you cant see that you do not know what it is you were watching on the field. Plain and simple. 3rd and 14, yah, lets call a halfback pitch 8 yards behind the LOS. Great playcalls... Lets keep running up the middle when we havent gained more than 2.5 ypc all game up the middle.. We all know the definition of insanity. Creativity is something Sherman lacks consistently
Yep....Sherman sucks. ****ing unbelievable.

Miami Dolphin fans are amazing. They bitch in a thread about lack of talent and then go on to complain that the OC cannot call plays.

I will say it again...Mike Sherman is one of the best things going for the Fins. If Sherman were to leave, let's see how you like Ken O'Keefe as OC. Holy ****.

It seems to me that this coaching staff is here to stay and finish what they started. Sherman hasn't done anything to warrant a HC gig, imo. I would bet the house sherman is our OC next year.

as a counter point..
1.Despite 5 winning seasons, he backed into the playoffs a lot and a lot of Packer fans feel he underachieved. Bret Favre still somewhat in his prime with a good OL and Ahman Green and Donald Driver in their prime. And his last year was a disaster... oh and it was what? 2005.

2.Actually fifth behind Lambeau, Lombardi, Holmgren, and McCarthy. He does however, have the worst playoff record of Packer head coaches that have been to the playoffs more than twice (Dan Devine lost his only playoff game and Bart Starr was 1 and 1)

3.Really? Only QB he coached in college currently on an NFL roster is Ryan Tannehill. He didn't really develop Favre.

4.He was a HORRIBLE GM. Absolutely horrible. No denying that.

5. What does that have to do with anything? In recent years Oklahoma State has had Russell Okung, Dez Bryant, Justin Blackmon, and Brandon Weeden go in the first round. Do you want Mike Gundy has a head coach in the NFL?

I get you like Sherman Hayden, and that's fine. I understand and acknowledge some of his playcalling was limited by the lack of talent we had on offense... but answer me these questions.

2.Why did we rely on Davone Bess as a deep threat when he's by far our slowest WR
3.Why did we not use Charles Clay more as a mismatch until the second half of the season
6.Why did we not use Tannehill's athleticism until the last couple games? I understand Tanny got hurt in the 2nd Jets game... but guess what? That was our 6th or 7th game this season.

His play calling was inconsistent. It is a fair comment to make.

And his A&M record speaks against him. Before the year I would have said that the Aggie boosters had unrealistic expectations... until Sumlin came in. And yes... they were players Sherman recruited, but it was a completely different system. Under Sherman, the Aggies lost pretty much any big game they played in.

Now let me be perfectly clear before anybody complains about my post or misinterprets what my position is.
1.I think having Sherman as the OC will be a strength but losing him will not cripple the development of Ryan Tannehill. We run a West Coast Offense, which Tanny knew quite a bit of. It's not like Joe Philbin wasn't a good OC during his time with the Packers and it's not like we'd be changing what style of offense we run.

2.Based on the results from 2005 to 2012, I do not see any reason why Mike Sherman would be seriously considered for an NFL head coaching job. He is a quality assistant, yes. But any team that hires Sherman now would be the equivalent of hiring Dick Juron to be the head coach of your football team (and Dick is a good DC)

Liking Sherman is easy to back, not liking him is easy to back, but to act like he is God's Gift to the Miami Dolphins is flat out wrong.

I think you ask legit questions. Some are very fair criticism, but I will answer some.

I will give you credit for a ton of effort on your post btw..

Answer: Cut Sherm a break a bit. This is a new team and personnel that he is attempting to learn to use. Bush is poor at pass pro so that is a setback for him perhaps in getting a look
Answer: I cannot answer that one, but I think Sherman has been hamstrung by the lack of fast and quick weapons. He was probably trying to mix it up against a tough Niners D.
Answer: I like Charles Clay, but we overrate him as a weapon. He can sneak behind a D once in awhile, but you are miscasting him as a "mismatch"
Answer: I am President of the Lamar Miller Fan Club: No comment. I am the guy that is convinced he will be better than Trent Richardson.
Answer: I do not disagree with you here. There were times I hollered for more runs. I am a pound the rock guy. However, I will give him and Philbin this: they tore the training wheels off of Tannehill this year. They allowed him to make plays in clutch spots right or wrong. They never hid the QB...ever. Tannehill's development benefited from this approach. I questioned even starting RT at the start of the year...boy, was I wrong. Philbin and Sherman nailed their assessment on what was best for RT.
Answer: I totally support how the offensive staff handled this. Why expose the young QB to injury? Allow him to adapt to the NFL from the pocket. As RT became more comfortable (and perhaps by necessity) the read option plays became more of a reality.

Mike Sherman has done a great job this year with limited talent, not a very fast, quick or athletic group, misfits on the Oline and a very green QB. I will continue to say that Sherm is one of the best things going for us.

fair enough points Hayden. My point With Clay is that he's one of the only guys we have who is somewhat of a mismatch on offense. Why were we so high on him from last year? He turned out to be a good target on wheel routes as a FB.
When did our offense start to get a little bit more going? When we started using Clay in the slot, and he was fairly effective. We also had some successful WR screens and bubble screens to Clay.

So in some ways we do overrate Clay. But the point is that he is not a true TE and should not be used as such

All you guys that do not care if he goes, you are completely nuts or ignorant.

First of all if Ryan Tannehill had a brand new OC, he could take a step back which would be a major blow to his development. RT has a strong connection to Mike Sherman. Sherman knows what the kid is about. Joe Philbin has no experience calling plays...so he will not be able to take over that. Secondly, lets keep this group with the same system for years to come. Finally, where does Joe go for a replacement? Brad Childress? Pat Shurmur? Greg Knapp? Maybe...but I will take Mike Sherman 100 times over these guys. If Joe goes in house for Ken O'Keefe...holy crap.

I find it funny that the same people that complain about the lack of playmakers still bitch about Sherm's play calling. Sherm has not been perfect, but no play caller is. He is damn good coach and we are in good hands with him calling the plays.

All you guys that do not care if he goes, you are completely nuts or ignorant.

First of all if Ryan Tannehill had a brand new OC, he could take a step back which would be a major blow to his development. RT has a strong connection to Mike Sherman. Sherman knows what the kid is about. Joe Philbin has no experience calling plays...so he will not be able to take over that. Secondly, lets keep this group with the same system for years to come. Finally, where does Joe go for a replacement? Brad Childress? Pat Shurmur? Greg Knapp? Maybe...but I will take Mike Sherman 100 times over these guys. If Joe goes in house for Ken O'Keefe...holy crap.

I find it funny that the same people that complain about the lack of playmakers still bitch about Sherm's play calling. Sherm has not been perfect, but no play caller is. He is damn good coach and we are in good hands with him calling the plays.
Sherman will be the one that will be holding Ryan back. He just started using Fasano the last couple of games. I am not sold on him at all.

Sherman will be the one that will be holding Ryan back. He just started using Fasano the last couple of games. I am not sold on him at all.

He is not holding RT back. He has totally allowed him to audible, throw at the end of games, when a run is the % play and expanded the playbook in the past few weeks.

Don't you think Mike Sherman nows RT more than anyone else? Please.

He is not holding RT back. He has totally allowed him to audible, throw at the end of games, when a run is the % play and expanded the playbook in the past few weeks.

Don't you think Mike Sherman nows RT more than anyone else? Please.
If Sherman is that good of a coach why did he get fired from Texas A&M and been all over the league? Tell me this do you see innovation coming out of Sherman in his playing calling?

If Sherman is that good of a coach why did he get fired from Texas A&M and been all over the league? Tell me this do you see innovation coming out of Sherman in his playing calling?

I could give a **** why some college cut him loose. BTW, the talent that is there now...and is going to dominate the first part of the draft....was recruited by Sherman.

Yes. I think some of his play calling has been money. In my "assessments" each week, I state times that I disagree with Sherman. However, that happens with every OC. Sherman has done a terrific job under the circumstances.

I could give a **** why some college cut him loose. BTW, the talent that is there now...and is going to dominate the first part of the draft....was recruited by Sherman.

Yes. I think some of his play calling has been money. In my "assessments" each week, I state times that I disagree with Sherman. However, that happens with every OC. Sherman has done a terrific job under the circumstances.

U know damn well why Texas A and M let him loose lack of success. So if they are so talented and constantly underachieving whose fault is that, wouldnt that be the coach. Year one Sumerlin got more out of that team than Sherman did in 5 years. we are discussing Sherman the head coach and not the recruiter. 25-25 with the talent he had deserved to be fired . Sumerlin ran the most effective offense that Texas a and m have ever seen.

Back
Top Bottom