Are any of you here related to a dolphin? | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Are any of you here related to a dolphin?

Chisel Monkey said:
I grew up in the town in Pa where Jim Thorpe is buried, aptly rename Jim Thorpe, Pa

I've been there. :cooldude:

Muck said:
Brad Banks is from my hometown. Graduated two years behind me.

Cool, did you ever give him crap? Being that he was 2 years behind ya, a little hazing was in order. :lol:

Chisel Monkey said:
I grew up in the town in Pa where Jim Thorpe is buried, aptly rename Jim Thorpe, Pa
The town formerly known as Mauch Chunk rules.:) I've stayed at one of the old B&B's up there and mountain-biked all over. Very cool old town with lots of interesting history. The switchback railway is especially cool, as are stories of mining and labor strife. My ex still has coal dust in her knee from a bike spill on the canal path.

Kinda off the beaten path, but it seems like a fun place to grow up if you love mountains and rivers.

I went to high school with Dan Morgan. He use to be a running back in high school, and he was amazing. His senior year, he ran for almost 2000 yards with over 15 touchdowns. I remember one game in particular when he ran for over 200 yards in the first half. He broke a tackle and ran 60 yards for the TD, and BTW, the guy was sick and puked halfway through the run.

No but went to school and played football with Travis Henry since pee wee football.In High school i played fullback and he was the tailback real good friends with him even so he is a Bill go to all the home Dolphin and Bill games I have met just about all the Bills players and all the Tenn.Vols where he whent to college at including Jamal Lewis,Peerles Price,and Tee Martin he always brags to me about running over Zack Thomas knowing thats my favorite player i also had Alvin Harper go to are High School i was pretty young though no him petty good also. Pretty good for a small town like Frostproof Fl, We produce good players in football are whole county does players like Ray Lewis,Wayne Gandy,Paul Edinger,Desmond Clark,Larenzo Hamilton,HeHateMe,Jeff Chaney,Freddie Mitchell, Ronnie Daniels,and Jason Odom. Not football but also T-Mac.and Amarie Staduemire who play basketball I know about all these guys played ball with almost all of them they get together and have a bunch of fund raisers around here this my first time posting here

Canefan said:
No but went to school and played football with Travis Henry since pee wee football.In High school i played fullback and he was the tailback real good friends with him even so he is a Bill go to all the home Dolphin and Bill games I have met just about all the Bills players and all the Tenn.Vols where he whent to college at including Jamal Lewis,Peerles Price,and Tee Martin he always brags to me about running over Zack Thomas knowing thats my favorite player i also had Alvin Harper go to are High School i was pretty young though no him petty good also. Pretty good for a small town like Frostproof Fl, We produce good players in football are whole county does players like Ray Lewis,Wayne Gandy,Paul Edinger,Desmond Clark,Larenzo Hamilton,HeHateMe,Jeff Chaney,Freddie Mitchell, Ronnie Daniels,and Jason Odom. Not football but also T-Mac.and Amarie Staduemire who play basketball I know about all these guys played ball with almost all of them they get together and have a bunch of fund raisers around here this my first time posting here
got a question for you cane

was Henry good at pee wee football too or did he kind of be mediocre if you will

and did he play runningback or something else

Canefan said:

I remember Henry in high school. We faced him at least one year. But I watched when you guys beat Pahokee (Anquan's sophomore year) that year when Travis broke the national record with over 4000 yards rushing back in '96. Dude, that's something to pride yourself on....being the lead blocker for an NFL'er who set a national record like that.

Can you guys imagine what it's like for a guy to rush for 328 yards (at 9.6 ypc) in a state championship game....and get BLOWN OUT??

Canefan said:

Intresting :D first post, :welcome:

Muck said:
I remember Henry in high school. We faced him at least one year. But I watched when you guys beat Pahokee (Anquan's sophomore year) that year when Travis broke the national record with over 4000 yards rushing back in '96. Dude, that's something to pride yourself on....being the lead blocker for an NFL'er who set a national record like that.

Can you guys imagine what it's like for a guy to rush for 328 yards (at 9.6 ypc) in a state championship game....and get BLOWN OUT??
why were you that guy or was that guy Henry?

that would be pretty harsh though for someone to rush that good and still get blown out...kinda reminds me of the bills game 2 years back when ricky ran wild but we still lost

lol, no that was Henry. But I can understand why you'd think it was me. :lol:

Henry had 328 yards in the state championship game.....and his team lost 67-30. That's about the craziest stat/result you'll ever see. Ranks up there with the Steelers/Texans game two years ago where the Steelers had 422 yards total offense compared to Houston's 47. Houston won 24-6.

Muck said:
lol, no that was Henry. But I can understand why you'd think it was me. :lol:

Henry had 328 yards in the state championship game.....and his team lost 67-30. That's about the craziest stat/result you'll ever see. Ranks up there with the Steelers/Texans game two years ago where the Steelers had 422 yards total offense compared to Houston's 47. Houston won 24-6.
ok i was like wow i was gonna say why arent you in the NFL? lol

that is really crazy that must have been a let down to him

the texans showed alot of defense that game though

I met a guy a few months ago named Frank Happell who says he played for the Dolphins for one year back in the 70's. He left the NFL (due to monetary issues, I think) and he claims he then had a successful career in the CFL. Anyone ever heard of him? I'm trying to decide if the guy is legit.

Well since we are name dropping... I've got a few. I've met Chris Carter, Desmond Howard, Randy Moss. I met them at different times because we all go to the same barber in Delray Beach.
My wife's family is close to Johnny Mithcell so we've hung out before....
My wife is close to Keith Byers' family so we hung out before....

My nephew used to play for the Colts so I've met a lot of the offensive players... it must have been the 2000 team. Including M. Harrison, E. James...and I believe that year they had K. Abdul-Jabar on their team.... met him too.

I could probably go on....

:cooldude:

Back
Top Bottom