Artis Hicks agrees to contract with Dolphins/ pending physical | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Artis Hicks agrees to contract with Dolphins/ pending physical

oh and the reason he was signed is he spent his entire career in the West Coast Offense. Reports are he's just here for depth at most, but they want him to mentor the young interior linemen

He sucks. There were probably people who defended Colombo when he signed last year. The carcass of Peter Falk would have been a better Colombo.

It's funny, I'm definitely more of an optimist rather than a pessimist when it comes to moves this team makes. The "final" move that broke the Sparano train for me was not bringing in Colombo . . . but bringing him in here to "start" at RT. Certainly didn't mind it as a depth move, just like I don't mind this move as a depth move. But the constant bringing in of that Cowboys hot garbage over the years on the oline (Joe Berger, Al Johnson, Pat Mcquistan, Colombo, etc, etc.) had just become too much to deal with and it doesn't take 4 years to get your oline to gel and an oline coach shouldn't be tinkering with the line as much as Sparano did.

I think getting Hicks as a versatile depth G/T certainly doesn't hurt this team and NOBODY, I mean NOBODY is as bad as Mark Colombo. Artis Hicks is a better offensive lineman than Mark Colombo, give him that much.

depth and veteran leadership ok fine...but just don't let me go into week 1 with this guys penciled in as my starting right tackle and off of last seasons butchery with colombo thats what i'm afraid of

or8dqq-1.jpg

Its been just reported his contract is for 1 year at $2 million and could rise by another $500,000 via incentives.:puke:

Source:
FOX Sports’ Alex Marvez reports that the deal is worth $2 million and could rise by another $500,000 via incentives.

WTF is up with giving this guy $2 million?

If this guy is the starting RT next year we'll have flash backs of Colombo.

I would be ok with giving this guy the vet minimun but $2 million and still has to pass a phsyical?

Why wouldn't Ireland wait for the draft or after the draft to sign a player like this?:confused:

These are the type of players that can be found after the draft or training camp cuts.

Good job Ireland taking another $2 million off our salary cap.:rolleyes:

Unless we go T in the 1st, he'll probably end up starting. Think on that...

You guys do realize the contracts in the NFL aren't guaranteed and I doubt the signing bonus is anything major. Dolphins are kicking the tires on a few guys to see what they have left. All teams do it.

You guys do realize the contracts in the NFL aren't guaranteed and I doubt the signing bonus is anything major. Dolphins are kicking the tires on a few guys to see what they have left. All teams do it.

This guy never had much to begin with. Wouldnt it be more productive to sign a guy that has actually been a good player at some point

Good GM's don't go signing some player for $2 million a year that is 33 years old and as dlockz said the guy never had much to begin with.They pick up these type of players for the minimum when veterans are cut during training camp.

This signing smells of Colombo part II.

Oh I forgot how good of a job Ireland has done here with all the draft picks and wasted money he's spent on the Oline since he became the Dolphins GM

Back
Top Bottom