Ask Boomer | Page 13 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Ask Boomer

HVACservice said:
Thanks for the responses Boomer.

Its nice to have someone that really knows there stuff to bounce ideas off of.

Hope all is well with the baby....

Thanks again.

No worries mate. That's what I'm here for. Ask away.

She's fine.....thanks for asking.
Boomer.

NJFINSFAN1 said:
In response to one of your responses.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boomer
Why would San Diego want our 1st? It's all well and good saying we can trade with them, but what's in it for them?

Good question, would they not like Mike Williams at WR? Team him up with Gates and Mcardell and LT, WOW!

The might like Williams, but they might prefer Braylon Edwards. After all, I'm still not convinced Williams is a #1 WR. As good as he - Williams - is....I still think Edwards is a #1 WR and I think Williams' size and lack of speed makes him a perfect foil. You know - San Diego could if they so desired, draft Mark Clayton and Edwards and that would give them a HELL of a pairing with McCardell, Gates and the best running back in football. There is no way that they trade up to take Williams and there's no way Williams goes in the top 5.

weisdolphins said:
Hey boomer what do you think of Ciatrick Fason hes runs pretty well and he just commited to the draft

Hey Weis. I really like him. Earlier in this thread I talk about his skills. I think his upside is huge as he's only just begun to scratch the surface of his talents. 1st round back for sure.

Clumpy said:
Regarding Henry (wasn't that a title to a movie? )

Boomer: I have advanced a possible trade proposal at BZ. Bills trade Henry for a swap of 2005 picks (i.e. trade up) in either the 2nd or 3rd and also get a conditional 2006 pick no lower than a 4th. What do you think about that?

Boomer: What are your thoughts of 2 navy prospects: FB Kyle Eckel and FS Josh Davis. I know they they have military obligations, but I watched the Army/Navy (I'm an Army vet :mad: ), and I was impressed by both. However, I think Josh Davis may be a little slow for S in the NFL.

It was Clump....Annette Bening and Harrison Ford if I'm not mistaken.

Swap picks in the 3rd round and we give you a 2006 4th rounder for Travis Henry???????? I'd bite your arm off for that.

I think depending on their military commitments, that Eckel could easily start at FB in the NFL. You'd maybe want him to add 10lbs, because he isn't overly impressive at the point, but he certainly has the ability and the numbers to make you think he could contribute. But he has the 5 year commitment to the Navy after graduation which will mean he won't get drafted. But he may only serve 2 years because of having spent 6 years in the reserves.

I honestly can't say I've seen enough of Davis to give him justice.

Gunner4u65 said:
Thanks Boomer,

Would you mind if I float some names past you for my next column/mock draft? I just dont have as much free time or resources as you do to keep up with every player and where they will probably go. Between the two of us, we should be able to put out a somewhat more realistic wish list of draftees. I would share the profits from my columns but unfortunetly the only thing I get out of the deal is free access to the insider information & a place to practice my budding career as a future journalist. :cooldude: If anything, I can forward you the insider stuff that my website editors posts on an almost daily basis. They do a bunch of phone calling to different colleges trying to keep up on the latest news of players who are or arent declaring as well as rumors and such from the NFL.

Knock yourself out mate.

dolphindan1970 said:
Very good points my friend, I truly enjoyed that ! Thank you... Now go out and buy that new little one something nice for Christmas, although I am betting you already have that under control ! :lol: Take care, and again, Merry Christmas to you and your wife and your new little girl !

Thanks mate....Merry Christmas to u too.

Section126 said:
Boomer....wouldn't you agree that Derreck Johnson (LB -Texas) is the BEST player in the draft?

I like Derrick Johnson an awful lot but I don't think he's the BEST player in the draft. I don't think he sheds blocks particularly well, I think misdirection gets him in fits at times and because he tries to make every play, he tends to get taken out of the game because you can coach against that.

I know all about the good stuff and I like him a hell of a lot every time I see the Horns, but I don't know he's the best player in the draft. I would have to say that David Pollack could be the best player but this is a selection meeting bereft of a blue chip, #1 performer.

Hey Boomer,

Have you heard anything about OT Ferguson declaring for the draft? Also do you think the Phins first priority in the draft should be OL?

Thanks!

Boomer no questions.

Mostly a lurker, best wishes for you and yours this holiday and congrats on the new addition.

BTW you might want to change your favorite player...

jasmine said:
Hey Boomer,

Have you heard anything about OT Ferguson declaring for the draft? Also do you think the Phins first priority in the draft should be OL?

Thanks!

Hey jasmine....no I haven't. I think he always handles himself with class and wants to make sure that he does his teammates and his university justice in the Bowl game rather than create un-necessary distractions.

TripleThreat said:
Boomer no questions.

Mostly a lurker, best wishes for you and yours this holiday and congrats on the new addition.

BTW you might want to change your favorite player...

Thanks mate...same to you.

God, who did I put?

Simon, congratulations on the "ask Boomer" site. Your vast knowledge is always informative and without bias. Sorry if you've done this already but have you listed your top 10 prospects coming out this year? Anyways, Happiest Holidays and I'm thrilled that you and your wife will have first Christmas together with your brand new baby. May all blessings come your way.

Back
Top Bottom