Ask Boomer | Page 16 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Ask Boomer

finsnchips said:
Boomer,

With the hiring of Saban, what kinda plan do you think he'll have for the offseason.

He could pheasibly trade down in the first with san diego or dallas and get both Webster and Spears in the first and wilkerson in the third and have a LSU day one!?

Would he look at bringin in marcus randall?

Any free agents about that he has links to?

Does he like a strong running game and could he persuade Edge to come in or possibly even Ricky outta retirement. OR would he persue a first round back.

Chrz mate.

Hey Fins.....as I said in an earlier thread...what's in it for Dallas or San Diego to trade up? It's not as though there is just 1 CB or 1 WR on offer. Both teams could stay where they are and fill holes comfortably. Neither team need trade up. So I think we need to hold our horses on trading partners.

I think he'll try and fill the 2 lines, the safety spot and then look at the TB position. Whether that all comes in free agency or the draft remains to be seen.

He certainly won't draft LSU all thru day 1 - especially if he hasn't gotten the TB. I think he stays in the SEC to take either Cadillac or Brown - remember, he loved the mix of the pounder Labrandon Toefield and the 'moves' guy in Domanick Davis at LSU. Wouldn't surpise me at all to see Cadillac and Lamar Gordon in our backfield. He loves the run game, so that will be a priority, be it FA or draft.

Don't forsee any move for Randall. Absolutely don't see any move for Ricky. Saban is a disciplinarian extraordinaire. No way he lets Williams anywhere near the facility.

SWS84 said:
Hey Boomer,

Nice thread! I hope this hasn't been asked yet, If so my apologies. What type of offensive system can we expect next year now that Saban is coach? Thanks in advance for the thoughts!

Steve
(St. Cloud, FL.)

Thanks Steve....well it's always been a pro style offense at LSU. He likes active offensive linemen and a solid run game. It's a balanced offense that can get the ball down the field. It will be more open than the last few years, although it will be fascinating to see who he brings in to run it.

I think Nick will also address the quarterback position at some point in the draft. Maybe he's got a good insight on a player that could become another Tom Brady. Someone that is flying under the radar, but is a true leader, winner, and quarterback.

The guy I'm thinking of is David Greene. Nick is obviously familiar with him since he has coached against him in big games. I think Greene gets a bad rep sometimes from the guys who are only interested in the physical skills. He's got plenty of arm strength, though it isn't a howitzer. One thing about Greene though is that he's as calm in the pocket as any quarterback I've seen in a while. IMO, this guy is also the best 2 minute drill quarterback in college. Take a look at his record as a starter as well. The guy has done nothing but win, despite the fact that Mark Richt dicked around with playing D.J. Shockley at times.

Ah a fellow David Greene fan. Welcome to the dark side Keith :)

I'm not Boomer, but I think Greene will go in the 4th round area.

Hey Boomer,

I'm beginning to respect you alot you have alot of good insights.
My question is what do you think about this draft board;

trade down with someone Id say end up with 10-15 pick and a second rd.
1. Alex Barron
2. Ciatrick Fason
3. Jason Campbell
4. Ben Wilkerson
5. Defensive end
6. corner back
7. defensive tackle

Boomer any Chance V. Carey can play LT ??

I'm not Boomer, but I'll tell you no. He's a LG/RG/T player. There are many of them ever year. LT is just such a rare position to find. Carey is not quick enough or athlethic enough to play LT.

im sure you are right.. but good lord he has to be quicker than D-mac.

It's too bad Smith isn't stronger like D-Mac.

However Mark Dixon was a good LT for us and was not very large at all.

Dixon *sigh* that guy was the definition of a "gamer" farg I miss him :(

Nick Kazcur reminds me of Mark Dixon in every way however.

And not just because he's from Canada and a little older than usual.

Hey Boomer what did you think about Miami taking Veron Carey in last years draft. why isnt he playing and what kinda of future do think he has in th NFL?

Chgodolfan said:
Hey Boomer what did you think about Miami taking Veron Carey in last years draft. why isnt he playing and what kinda of future do think he has in th NFL?

Can't see Boomer really disagreeing with the pick beyond the 4th round spent. He had Carey as the 3rd best OT on the board and that's how he went off.

http://www.finheaven.com/seasonal/ot/ot2/

You can read his thoughts on Carey from before the draft there.

Back
Top Bottom