Ask Boomer | Page 17 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Ask Boomer

Hey guys, is this "Ask Boomer," or ask everyone else?

The guy takes his time to answer our questions, do you all think it's fair that he has to slog through a bunch of other "expert's" posts to get to the ones he will answer?

Hey Simon, just wondering if we trade down to say the 8th spot, which LT should be there that we could take? And also,would you take D'angelo Williams late in round one with our next pick if we trade down with say, Dallas? I ask cos I see some problems with the other 3 top ranked RB,s.

Ozzy rules!!

Danny said:
Hey Simon, just wondering if we trade down to say the 8th spot, which LT should be there that we could take? And also,would you take D'angelo Williams late in round one with our next pick if we trade down with say, Dallas? I ask cos I see some problems with the other 3 top ranked RB,s.

Ozzy rules!!

I bet williams falls down much further than that. He broke his fibula on a late play in his last bowl game. Didn't even get hit on the play. I would rather grab a more sure thing early like Brown or Benson (in that order).

Hey Boomer (read BOOMER) in light of the other thread, might you weigh in on Orvolsky. Have you graded him... head arm legs etc...? Where you think he'll go?

Thanks, and hope the youngin' is doing fine.

Simon thanks for your great imputs!!! as a new comer here is really nice to be able to read your responses to some great questions. Congratulation on your little girl and happy new year to you and your family

How about some Iowa Hawkeys? Any first day picks there? More specificly, where do you see Matt Roth going? I know he is a day one pick, but first round material?

KB21 said:
I'm not Boomer, but I think Greene will go in the 4th round area.

Like Keith says, the 3rd/4th round area. I think he might sneak in at the end of day 1 given a good showing in the run to the draft.

weisdolphins said:
Hey Boomer,

I'm beginning to respect you alot you have alot of good insights.
My question is what do you think about this draft board;

trade down with someone Id say end up with 10-15 pick and a second rd.
1. Alex Barron
2. Ciatrick Fason
3. Jason Campbell
4. Ben Wilkerson
5. Defensive end
6. corner back
7. defensive tackle

That's very nice of you to say so Weis.....

I think Fason will go in 1, Campbell also has a shot to go in 1, Wilkerson to my mind is a 3rd rounder and I'd love to see a WR and DT being addressed earlier. I don't see us taking a CB. Wouldn't surprise me at all to see us take Marcus Spears and for Saban to use him as his Richard Seymour. If we don't sign a back in FA then one of the SEC runners - Williams, Brown or Fason will be strong choices.

zeke0123 said:
Boomer any Chance V. Carey can play LT ??

Nope. He's a right sided player to my mind. He just doesn't have the footwork for that spot, nor does he have the right frame.

Chgodolfan said:
Hey Boomer what did you think about Miami taking Veron Carey in last years draft. why isnt he playing and what kinda of future do think he has in th NFL?

Clearly they liked a number of players - their #1 choice was Michael Clayton. They liked Shaun Andrews and Carey as well as the big guy Wilfork from Miami. It was a shame that we had to give up the 4th, but it was clear that there were teams looking to shift up above us, especially when Andrews went off the board to Philly. I think in hindsight it would have been better to have selected Wilfork, considering our problems at DT, but I think Carey is going to be fine.

He isn't playing because he's lazy. That was the knock on him coming out. He hasn't committed to the weight room programme and he is finding that being top of the tree in college means nothing in the NFL. I would like to think that a new OL coach and a kick up the backside from Nick Saban will turn him into a player.

Boomer said:
Clearly they liked a number of players - their #1 choice was Michael Clayton. They liked Shaun Andrews and Carey as well as the big guy Wilfork from Miami. It was a shame that we had to give up the 4th, but it was clear that there were teams looking to shift up above us, especially when Andrews went off the board to Philly. I think in hindsight it would have been better to have selected Wilfork, considering our problems at DT, but I think Carey is going to be fine.

He isn't playing because he's lazy. That was the knock on him coming out. He hasn't committed to the weight room programme and he is finding that being top of the tree in college means nothing in the NFL. I would like to think that a new OL coach and a kick up the backside from Nick Saban will turn him into a player.

Carey could become Nick's whipping boy very quickly. He better decide to turn it up a notch, because Saban won't *****foot with him like Dave did.

Danny said:

Ozzy rules!!

Hey Danny. Well, all of the LT's should be there. When I look at them, I don't immediately see a better LT than Jordan Gross who was I think the 8th pick a couple of years ago and has proved his worth with two very solid seasons for the Panthers. I suspect that if he comes out Virginia's D'Brickashaw Ferguson will be the first off the board, although I KNOW that there are concerns over his slimmer upper body frame and his inability to keep weight on. But I hear that he's staying in school.

I wouldn't take Williams in late 1. I would rather take Ciatrick Fason. Why? Well first off I think Williams will stay despite the fact that he has indicated otherwise. He says he will be working out in 4-6 weeks. I say go back and prove you are healthy and earn some real money. I REALLY like Williams, but I want to see him clear of injuries for a campaign before I part with a #1.

KB21 said:
Carey could become Nick's whipping boy very quickly. He better decide to turn it up a notch, because Saban won't *****foot with him like Dave did.

He better decide to turn it up about 10 notches!

WelcomeBack said:
Thanks Boomer,another question.

Being under the radar because of Vince Young,what are your thoughts on Chance Mock?

Hmmmm.....athletic, hard working. But I just don't see him as an NFL passer. I don't think he possesses the x factor that you look for.

Back
Top Bottom