Ask Boomer | Page 20 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Ask Boomer

OK thanks,it's because I have seen sites saying hes a redshirt sophmore.I think he could be a big play QB when he declares,along with Chris Leak.

WelcomeBack said:
OK thanks,it's because I have seen sites saying hes a redshirt sophmore.I think he could be a big play QB when he declares,along with Chris Leak.

No worries. I like Leak a lot as well but he looked very average last night, I think Urban Meyer will be the making of him.

Boomer said:
God nor can I. We dominated them as well.

As for Rian, he's a horse. Big and strong as an ox, I don't think he is an NFL LT, but he can pass protect and move his feet well. I think he's a decent 2nd day RT prospect. He's pretty high cut and doesn't always bend his knees.
What about Run Blocking? The MN line has done bloody well opening gaps for MBIII and Maroney, the last couple seasons.

cheers

MNFINFAN said:
What about Run Blocking? The MN line has done bloody well opening gaps for MBIII and Maroney, the last couple seasons.

cheers

Back to back 1000+ yard years from Maroney and Barber??? He's solid as a run blocker, although he can be a little stiff.

Hey Boomer, sorry if you hit this before, but I'm curious how you see Chris Rix. Where will he be drafted, and is he a legitimate prospect after his struggles at FSU.

Hey Boomer i got a question for you, These 3 rb's(Benson,C.Williams and Ronnie Brown) are entering the draft this year. Which RB would you say would be a better fit in the NFL?

Brcok Berlin

do you think Brock Berlin will get picked? which round?

Brock is VERY good when he wants to be i think he is a good 4th or 5th rounder

Boomer said:
If I was GM, I would consider drafting one of the DE's - Spears, James or Pollack, one of the Auburn backs or I would try and instigate a trade down for picks.
Hey Boomer,

After the last couple of days of bowl games, here is some insider info my editor passed on ... have you heard anything different about these guys?

- LSU offensive tackle Andrew Whitworth had earlier said that he would return to LSU, but with the lack of elite tackles in this class, Whitworth is reconsidering his stance.

- Gator center Mike Degory, is reportedly close to signing with an agent.
- We've learned that Aaron Rodgers had made up his mind to enter the NFL draft and was set to announce it after his team's bowl game. However a poor game by Aaron has him rethinking things a bit. We still expect him to announce his entry into the draft any day.
- One NFC scout told me today that his team will look at Chris Rix somewhere around the 5th-6th rounds and that former FSU quarterback Adrian McPherson is a player they are looking at anywhere from the 2nd-4th depending on personal workouts.
- More on news on McPherson, his agent Leigh Steinberg may have found a way to showcase his client before the draft. McPherson may be playing in the Hula Bowl this year.
- It looks like San Diego State wide receiver Jeff Webb will enter this year's NFL Draft. After sending in his paperwork to receive his draft evaluation, he told coaches that all it would take for him to leave school is for the evaluation to project him being selected. The 6'2" 210lb junior caught 71 passes this year and would be a likely mid-late day 2 selection.
- Virginia junior offensive tackle D'Brickashaw Ferguson has announced he'll be remaining in school.
- Oklahoma State running back Vernard Morency will return to the Cowboys for his senior season.
- Temple quarterback Walter Washington is considering following teammate Rian Wallace into the NFL Draft.
- Georgia safety Greg Blue will return to school for his senior season.
- We're being told that Auburn offensive tackle Marcus McNeill is "very likely" to enter the NFL draft, where he would likely be the first offensive tackle selected.
- Utah quarterback Alex Smith is likely to enter the draft.
- Don't be surprised if Texas' hold on underclassmen is broken this year as both Michael Huff and Rodrique Wright are considering there options. Given that Texas players simply don't enter early, we find there reluctance to comment to be rather condemning.

PhinKev said:
Hey Boomer, sorry if you hit this before, but I'm curious how you see Chris Rix. Where will he be drafted, and is he a legitimate prospect after his struggles at FSU.

I think I did this the page before Kev......the biggest problem is mental for Chris and I have never seen anything that makes me think he can correct it. I think he's a 6th/7th rounder.

PhinDude88 said:
Hey Boomer i got a question for you, These 3 rb's(Benson,C.Williams and Ronnie Brown) are entering the draft this year. Which RB would you say would be a better fit in the NFL?

Ronnie Brown. Does it all, runs, blocks, catches better than all. Downhill runner, punishing inside, can get outside.

My top 5 backs would be:
1 - Ronnie Brown
2 - Carnell Williams
3 - Cedric Benson
4 - Ciatrick Fason
5 - Eric Shelton.

I don't think DeAngelo Williams will come out. But I could be wrong.

Jay_Fiedler said:
do you think Brock Berlin will get picked? which round?

Brock is VERY good when he wants to be i think he is a good 4th or 5th rounder

Not sure. I wouldn't pick him. If he goes, then it's late.

Gunner4u65 said:
Hey Boomer,

After the last couple of days of bowl games, here is some insider info my editor passed on ... have you heard anything different about these guys?

- LSU offensive tackle Andrew Whitworth had earlier said that he would return to LSU, but with the lack of elite tackles in this class, Whitworth is reconsidering his stance.

- Gator center Mike Degory, is reportedly close to signing with an agent.
- We've learned that Aaron Rodgers had made up his mind to enter the NFL draft and was set to announce it after his team's bowl game. However a poor game by Aaron has him rethinking things a bit. We still expect him to announce his entry into the draft any day.
- One NFC scout told me today that his team will look at Chris Rix somewhere around the 5th-6th rounds and that former FSU quarterback Adrian McPherson is a player they are looking at anywhere from the 2nd-4th depending on personal workouts.
- More on news on McPherson, his agent Leigh Steinberg may have found a way to showcase his client before the draft. McPherson may be playing in the Hula Bowl this year.
- It looks like San Diego State wide receiver Jeff Webb will enter this year's NFL Draft. After sending in his paperwork to receive his draft evaluation, he told coaches that all it would take for him to leave school is for the evaluation to project him being selected. The 6'2" 210lb junior caught 71 passes this year and would be a likely mid-late day 2 selection.
- Virginia junior offensive tackle D'Brickashaw Ferguson has announced he'll be remaining in school.
- Oklahoma State running back Vernard Morency will return to the Cowboys for his senior season.
- Temple quarterback Walter Washington is considering following teammate Rian Wallace into the NFL Draft.
- Georgia safety Greg Blue will return to school for his senior season.
- We're being told that Auburn offensive tackle Marcus McNeill is "very likely" to enter the NFL draft, where he would likely be the first offensive tackle selected.
- Utah quarterback Alex Smith is likely to enter the draft.
- Don't be surprised if Texas' hold on underclassmen is broken this year as both Michael Huff and Rodrique Wright are considering there options. Given that Texas players simply don't enter early, we find there reluctance to comment to be rather condemning.

Hey Gunner - the only one i hadn't heard was Degory. I see Chris Henry - no surprise - is coming out.

Boomer said:
Hey Gunner - the only one i hadn't heard was Degory. I see Chris Henry - no surprise - is coming out.
Yeah, Henry is a great talent but will he ever grow up? Where do you see Degory going?

Henry will have to grow up fast in the pros. No-one is going to take the sort of BS he pulled during the Gator Bowl yesterday. Degory should go in the top 60 picks at worst. He's big and agressive at the point.

hey boomer,

if you were our gm let me see what your draft board would look with the current draft picks we have.

Back
Top Bottom