Ask Boomer | Page 21 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Ask Boomer

Boomer said:
Ronnie Brown. Does it all, runs, blocks, catches better than all. Downhill runner, punishing inside, can get outside.

My top 5 backs would be:
1 - Ronnie Brown
2 - Carnell Williams
3 - Cedric Benson
4 - Ciatrick Fason
5 - Eric Shelton.

I don't think DeAngelo Williams will come out. But I could be wrong.

Where do you think that Brown will be picked at in the first found?

Do you see Whitworth in our future? I think he is heavy footed and wouldn't be the sort of LT we need to make this offense flourish. What are your thoughts on him? The whole Saban connection thing.

Trade with Dallas for McNeil/Whitworth and Spears/Cody, would you do that? Or would take Fason later?

Thanks for your time.

Do you think Sage will start QB next year or do you think we will focus on a new RB in the first round and a LB in the second round and not worry about a QB until the 3rd or 4th round? I think sage quilifys to start after todays performance although we lost and he had an INT. The INT. was just a lucky play but it happens to all QBs. I think he had A great performance and desevers some notice and has potential next year.

Boomer, Who is the best player coming out of the draft? In other words, who is worth the #1 pick regardless of needs or position.

sport_fish said:
Do you think Sage will start QB next year or do you think we will focus on a new RB in the first round and a LB in the second round and not worry about a QB until the 3rd or 4th round? I think sage quilifys to start after todays performance although we lost and he had an INT. The INT. was just a lucky play but it happens to all QBs. I think he had A great performance and desevers some notice and has potential next year.
My apologies Boomer I am not trying to answer this question but when I saw someone asking if Sage is going to be our starter next season :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: ok I'm done.

Boomer I'm pretty impressed with the in depth assessment you have given in this thread. Good job.

Any input on Frank Gore from UM?
Rumor is he will declare, what I've heard anyway.
He seems to be a pounding and bruising type of back but every time I watch him I get the feeling he is just missing something. I don't feel he breaks tackles as well as you'd expect out of a power back.

What's your view, would he fit the Phins, what round is he likely to go and sorry if you've already written something on him.

I'm not going to miss Gore much. We need more explosion than him.

Yeah, what's his draft status looking like?

Hey Boomer,

Would you give the TOP 7 QB's in this years draft. Go ahead and include Aaron Rogers.

The Phins need a QB....I think Feely is a BACKUP at best.

Hey Simon,would you take Edwards at number 2? I know WR is not the biggest need and I for want would like to trade down so we can draft a LT and a RB, but if we don't move down for whatever reason, who would you take over him if anyone? I don't think you use that 2 on a player that should go 10 and we've been burned before by pasing on a better player just to go for a need.The guy's a great playmaker and like JJ used to say, you can never have enough playmakers.

Ozzy rules!!

- Oklahoma State running back Vernard Morency will return to the Cowboys for his senior season.

Looks like this one was wrong. Of course Les Miles leaving had a big part to do with that. He needed to declare anyway being that he's 24.

weisdolphins said:
hey boomer,

if you were our gm let me see what your draft board would look with the current draft picks we have.

Hi mate - I can't remember off the top of my head which picks we have where - is the Boston pick this year, Seau....when was that? Do we get the pick for Bedall? I forget which rounds we have picks in.

I tell you something for free......we will miss that 2nd rounder like a whole in the you know what. I suppose I would, if we HAVE to stay at 2, take Barron or Pollack or Brown, or Braylon Edwards, but I don't really consider then value at 2. In the 3rd, looking at a DT like Anthony Bryant of Alabama. Day 2, some OL men, a WR, a safety.

PhinDude88 said:
Where do you think that Brown will be picked at in the first found?

Depends how he works out. Anywhere between 10 and 25, simply because backs fall because teams know they can get good backs later on - Julius Jones, Tatum Bell are just 2 examples from last year. Ther are some good backs in this years draft, so that will precipitate a likely drop as well.

PhinsTD said:
Do you see Whitworth in our future? I think he is heavy footed and wouldn't be the sort of LT we need to make this offense flourish. What are your thoughts on him? The whole Saban connection thing.

Trade with Dallas for McNeil/Whitworth and Spears/Cody, would you do that? Or would take Fason later?

Thanks for your time.

I think he's better suited on the right side. He's consistent, but I'm not sure he has the footwork for an NFL LT.

Again, why would Dallas trade?? They need WR and CB help. They need help along the DL. The CB field is STACKED. They have no need to go up. Which DLman is value at 2? Do they want Braylon Edwards that much? Why would they not stay with their 2 picks at 11 and 20 and take a corner like Marlin Jackson and a WR like Mark Clayton? Unless they REALLY REALLY want a QB, then it's unlikely.

Cody - Dan or Shaun?

Back
Top Bottom