Barry Jackson: Garrard outplaying Moore and Tannehill | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Barry Jackson: Garrard outplaying Moore and Tannehill

No surprise. He'll start as long as he stays healthy. He provides the best opportunity for Miami to win.

Dude was a Pro Bowler in 2010. Sounds pretty good to me.

---------- Post added at 06:31 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:30 AM ----------

Seriously, Garrard was a Pro Bowler ikn 2010 and then got hurt in 2011. What did you expect, him to not make a strong push to start this year. Dude is a good player.

dude, i dont give a damn if he is aaron rodgers, until training camp is under way and the real battle begins this crap is all useless information.

Omar Kelly‏@OmarKelly
Matt Moore is the starting quarterback for Wednesday's practice. Clyde Gates and Roberto Wallace appear to be his receivers.

May the best QB win...

AFTER the competition is over not after the first day of OTAs. :rolleyes2:

It looks we are in good shape at least as far as the QB position goes, much better shape than a number of other franchises despite what ESPN would have you believe.

Saying that Moore 'sucks' though basically is admitting that you missed out on what he did last season. He played well for the Panthers at times. Didn't Steve Smith go to a probowl when he was starting? Marshall did. :d-day: Garrard has more experience and seems to be more comfortable with the offense right now though.

David Garrard performing well in camps does not translate to "Moore sucks". You're not a genius if you've been saying that he's better than Moore. You're closer to Captain Obvious. He's a former starter and pro bowler. Moore's a career back up who stepped up and played very well for us.

Quit thumping your chests about how you thought Garrard would beat out Moore. You're an idiot if you thought otherwise.

Who is over-reacting? Moore was the incumbent starter, so to be replaced already as the starter says a lot. This is also the second camp where he has been out played.

Who says he was replaced?

Garrard even said it was coincidence that reporters saw him getting the first team reps, because that's the only time they were allowed in.

BTW if you missed it, Moore started today. Philbin had a few nice things to say about him too.

The guys hasn't been "replaced". Nor has he been outplayed.

These are not initial practices, this is mini camp. The season is around the corner.

Oh I forgot, after one day of mini-camp Moore lost the job completely. Forget all of training camp when the pads come on and preseason. LOL. Some of you guys are hilarious.

Moore started today and here were some of Philbin's comments:

Moore used Wednesday's window to display his aptitude of the new West Coast offense. "He's done well," Dolphins coach Joe Philbin said. "He has a good feel for the game. I thought he did a good job in those situations today. ... I thought he had a good day. "I like the way he's caught on to the system."
Between drives Wednesday, Moore would walk up Dolphins such as tight end Anthony Fasano, and receivers Legedu Naanee and Chad Ochocinco tinkering with route running or blocking techniques.

Philbin wants leaders, particularly at the quarterback position. Does Moore have the right stuff?

"We want a guy that can communicate in a positive fashion," Philbin said. "He does that very well with his teammates. You want a guy that cares about winning, that cares about other people — not just Matt Moore being the starting quarterback."

Moore had some nice moments, and seemed to shine when connecting with Ochocinco or Bess.

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/miami-dolphins/fl-miami-dolphins-0621-20120620,0,1485339.story

are you guys really gonna argue over matt moore or david garrard??? ha ha neither one of em takes us anywhere so does it really matter who "wins" the job...

i'm counting the days til neither one of em is under center...

Who says he was replaced?

Garrard even said it was coincidence that reporters saw him getting the first team reps, because that's the only time they were allowed in.

BTW if you missed it, Moore started today. Philbin had a few nice things to say about him too.

The guys hasn't been "replaced". Nor has he been outplayed.

For perspective sake, around these here parts, despite protestations otherwise, residual Henne fluffery remains as entrenched as the proverbial ****roach in a NYC high rise apartment building :idk:

are you guys really gonna argue over matt moore or david garrard??? ha ha neither one of em takes us anywhere so does it really matter who "wins" the job...

i'm counting the days til neither one of em is under center...

finally, we agree on something, +1.

Who is over-reacting? Moore was the incumbent starter, so to be replaced already as the starter says a lot. This is also the second camp where he has been out played.

Who says he's replaced? They have rotated Moore and Garrard during these workouts and the even if one could objectively say that one is playing better than the other (with different combinations of players and circumstances) - the pads aren't even on yet.

Way too early (IMO) to say that Garrard has won the battle.

Competition at quarterback is a good thing. Brings out the competitor in them. With all the injuries that can happen at that positon during the season, you can't enoughgood QB's.

Back
Top Bottom