Bcs Michigan Still #2 | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Bcs Michigan Still #2

Ronnieisabeast said:
I couldn't disargee anymore. USC isn't better than Michigan. USC lost to Oregon State while Michigan lost to Ohio State. If you don't think there should be a rematch that's one thing, but Michigan is better than USC.

Who has Michigan won besides Notre Dame? Look who USC has won compared to Michigan. If they beat Notre Dame, USC would of won better teams then Michigan.

If USC beats Notre Dame I think they should get in the championship game. After then I would say Florida if USC loses than a rematch. I don't think their will ever be a playoff but with all the one loss teams I think an arguement can be made for a bunch of teams to play in the championship. Also to comment on the other bowl games with Boise St potentially getting in a BCS a very good team is going to be left out that is deserving of a BCS game.

finswin56 said:
But the point is they haven't won out yet, and they lost to an unranked team.

Your right but they loss by 2pts on the road without WR DWANYE JARRET. On the other hand they have beat 4 Ranked teams and it may be 5 if they beat #5 ranked ND. Florida have beaten only 2 ranked team and maybe 3 if they beat #6 Arkansas who USC destroyed. BTW McFadden did play in that game and had the most carries for Arkansas vs. USC.

Amars said:
Your right but they loss by 2pts on the road without WR DWANYE JARRET. On the other hand they have beat 4 Ranked teams and it may be 5 if they beat #5 ranked ND. Florida have beaten only 2 ranked team and maybe 3 if they beat #6 Arkansas who USC destroyed. BTW McFadden did play in that game and had the most carries for Arkansas vs. USC.
USC and their fans have no business comparing schedules with anybody. Don't forget you lost to an unranked team, you keep avoiding that part.:rolleyes2 Your gonna make a big deal about being without your top WR? If you can't win without him than you have no buisness being in the top 5. But you have the media on your side and thats all you need. Can't wait to see how the next 2 weeks go down.

Amars said:
That excuse only holds water against a real team. Florida has dealt with injuries all year, including losing their most dominant defensive player, and you don't hear any crying here. Why? Because it's an excuse for losers.
BTW, USC beat three teams that were ranked when they played. Two for UF.
USC beat the then #'s 19, 21, 17
UF beat the then #'s 13, 9
Every ranked team USC played was at home.
The only ranked team UF will play at home was LSU.

finswin56 said:
That excuse only holds water against a real team. Florida has dealt with injuries all year, including losing their most dominant defensive player, and you don't hear any crying here. Why? Because it's an excuse for losers.

cant argue that...Florida just hasnt earned "style" points..but thats hard to do in that conference. Like I said I watch just about all the SEC games and my strange theory remains and I know it makes NO sense...

Florida is better than Auburn
LSU is better than Florida

..kinda strange I know...just factoring in the "breaks" in my opinion.

finswin56 said:

Ranking in Sept dont hold as much weight as ranking in Novemeber. Its not where you begin but where you finish. Teams get exposed through the season on what their ranking really should be. So dont go by then ranked go by NOW ranked teams.

Example : They had the dolphins punched in for the superbowl in Sept but they got exposed for what they are a average team.

DBoston80 said:
cant argue that...Florida just hasnt earned "style" points..but thats hard to do in that conference. Like I said I watch just about all the SEC games and my strange theory remains and I know it makes NO sense...

Florida is better than Auburn
LSU is better than Florida

..kinda strange I know...just factoring in the "breaks" in my opinion.
IDK how you get LSU being better than UF. LSU did nothing that game to prove you right.

Motion said:
USC and their fans have no business comparing schedules with anybody. Don't forget you lost to an unranked team, you keep avoiding that part.:rolleyes2 Your gonna make a big deal about being without your top WR? If you can't win without him than you have no buisness being in the top 5. But you have the media on your side and thats all you need. Can't wait to see how the next 2 weeks go down.

I just said they lost. The Fact that Florida didnt take advantage of this is their own fault by playing mediocre at best at the end of the season. That and they should schedule 1 at least 1 good out of conference game a year. YA YA but the SEC is the best conference and we shouldnt have. Bull Crap. You schedule your games as far as 5 yrs in advance and there is no guarantee that your conf. will be the best at that time. The best conf can switch from Big 10 to the ACC ect ect. So that a knock on florida for scheduling teams historically that are easy win teams. UCF please play Iowa at least. USC play ND, Michigan goes and plays ND also, OSU plays Texas. Even Tenn goes and play Cal.

Amars said:
Ranking in Sept dont hold as much weight as ranking in Novemeber. Its not where you begin but where you finish. Teams get exposed through the season on what their ranking really should be. So dont go by then ranked go by NOW ranked teams.

Example : They had the dolphins punched in for the superbowl in Sept but they got exposed for what they are a average team.
It's not just about the ranking then vs. now. Preseason ranking are garbage to begin with, nothing but expectations. You have to look at how good teams are when the game is played, not at the end of the year. The games aren't all played at the end of the year. Teams evolve.
The biggest example of this is Arkansas.

Amars said:
I just said they lost. The Fact that Florida didnt take advantage of this is their own fault by playing mediocre at best at the end of the season. That and they should schedule 1 at least 1 good out of conference game a year. YA YA but the SEC is the best conference and we shouldnt have. Bull Crap. You schedule your games as far as 5 yrs in advance and there is no guarantee that your conf. will be the best at that time. The best conf can switch from Big 10 to the ACC ect ect. So that a knock on florida for scheduling teams historically that are easy win teams. UCF please play Iowa at least.
So I guees its their fault that FSU is having a bad season? We play them every year. Iowa? They are terrible this year, that basically goes against everything your trying to say. Nice try though.

Amars said:
I just said they lost. The Fact that Florida didnt take advantage of this is their own fault by playing mediocre at best at the end of the season. That and they should schedule 1 at least 1 good out of conference game a year. YA YA but the SEC is the best conference and we shouldnt have. Bull Crap. You schedule your games as far as 5 yrs in advance and there is no guarantee that your conf. will be the best at that time. The best conf can switch from Big 10 to the ACC ect ect. So that a knock on florida for scheduling teams historically that are easy win teams. UCF please play Iowa at least.

Theres no guarantee the team you schedule will be good at that time either.

Anyway I dont think Florida is good enough to beat OSU....and I dont really think USC is either. Michigan can and will on a neutral field though

finswin56 said:
It's not just about the ranking then vs. now. Preseason ranking are garbage to begin with, nothing but expectations. You have to look at how good teams are when the game is played, not at the end of the year. The games aren't all played at the end of the year. Teams evolve.
The biggest example of this is Arkansas.

But they put up 50 still so you have to take that into account.

Amars said:
But they put up 50 still so you have to take that into account.

They wouldn't put up half that if they were playing this weekend. That is a completely different team now.

Back
Top Bottom