Best game in 20 years! | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Best game in 20 years!

why are dolphin fans acting like they won the superbowl today?

pretty sad if this is ur best win in the last 20 years

Their fans even take after Rex, yap yap yap yap yap. All that bark and no bite!

We need real trolls to play with as the Jets suck now. Any Patsie trolls lurking?

No one needs any stat lines to know this wasn't a significant game in Dolphins history. You'll see the light next year when our next win over NYJ pushes this win over a terrible NYJ team out of your short memory.
great. feels like i'm arguing with junc about what is and what isn't an important win. Ok here goes... there are only two important wins in dolphins history. end of story. all the others are meaningless. But what do I expect? junc did say he was taking the night off from finheaven and yet you're here posting.

Wow General Tao way to not act like a condescending prick........Oh wait.

Dolphins fans enjoying a win over a division rival after a full week of smack talking? What a group of amateurs! When I was a young Dolphins fan, we didn't even celebrate Super Bowl victories! We just acted like we'd been there before!

great. feels like i'm arguing with junc about what is and what isn't an important win. Ok here goes... there are only two important wins in dolphins history. end of story. all the others are meaningless. But what do I expect? junc did say he was taking the night off from finheaven and yet you're here posting.
Perfect for the context of this thread lol.
BenVolinPBP RT @RichCimini: #Dolphins became 1st team in 20 yrs to block a FG, block a punt and recover own onsides kick in the same game. #Jets

Fantastic Fins

Safety Jimmy Wilson – The second-year safety single-handedly infused momentum into the Dolphins on back-to-back plays in the first quarter, first with a sack of Jets quarterback Mark Sanchez coming clean on the blitz, and then with a blocked punt. Olivier Vernon recovered the loose ball in the end zone for a touchdown that broke the game open.

Cornerback Nolan Carroll – In his third consecutive start in place of Richard Marshall, Carroll had solid pass coverage all day and came free on a blitz to sack Sanchez late in the first quarter and knocked the ball loose. It landed in the arms of Paul Soliai at the Jets’ 32 and led to the second touchdown of the game. He also led the team with eight tackles (seven solo).

Quarterback Matt Moore – Pressed into his first action of the season after Tannehill’s leg injury in the first quarter, Moore kept the rhythm going on offense and was efficient with his passes. He completed long passes to Marlon Moore and Jabar Gaffney and also found tight end Anthony Fasano for a touchdown and finished 11-of-19 for 131 yards and a passer rating of 96.6.

Tight end Anthony Fasano – The cagey veteran had one touchdown catch and almost another one but was ruled out of bounds. He also helped out in pass protection and run blocking.

Defensive end Olivier Vernon – The rookie followed up his breakout performance against the St. Louis Rams two weeks ago with two more game-changing plays on special teams. He recovered Wilson’s blocked punt in the end zone for the first touchdown and later blocked a field goal attempt while also doing a stellar job on defense.

Punter Brandon Fields – He seems to like the Meadowlands as he boomed long punt after punt to help Miami easily win the field position battle. Fields averaged 53.3 gross yards per punt and launched one 60 yards early in the fourth quarter. He also had another long one barely hit the goal line before going sideways out of bounds.

The entire coaching staff – This was the first taste of a road division game for Head Coach Joe Philbin and his staff and across the board they called an impeccable game. It started with a successful onsides kick early in the game called by special teams coordinator Darren Rizzi that helped send a message and continued with a creative defensive game plan by defensive coordinator Kevin Coyle. He mixed in his blitzes well and kept the Jets guessing, and then Philbin and offensive coordinator Mike Sherman made a nice adjustment for the switch to Moore from Tannehill.

bit.ly/Q07xwL

You're right that this debate isn't terribly interesting. My main beef is w/ the OP claiming out of all the great moments the Dolphins have had in the past 20 years, this game was #1. It clearly wasn't even the best against NYJ, that'd be the spike game. If you include any game in the past 20 years against any opponent as the OP suggested, that'd be a pathetic statement for our franchise if this was our top moment. Luckily, it's not even close.

---------- Post added at 10:45 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:44 PM ----------

Well EvilDylan, we're not all the class acts that you are. Thanks for chiming in!

---------- Post added at 10:46 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:45 PM ----------

Dolphins fans enjoying a win over a division rival after a full week of smack talking? What a group of amateurs! When I was a young Dolphins fan, we didn't even celebrate Super Bowl victories! We just acted like we'd been there before!

There's a difference between enjoying a win and saying that our best win in the last 20 years is a win over a 3-4 Mark Sanchez lead Jets team.

Sorry for being such a downer. Go Dolphins! We must be SB bound now that we beat this Jets team. Yeah baby!!!!!!!!!!!

It was a fun win, but it's hard to take wins against the jests too significantly on a historical level. There have been a lot of fun games in the past 20 years. That Thanksgiving game with Lett's blunder. Marino's awesome display against the Patsies as he came back from the Achilles injury. Unleashing the wildcat against BB. Even past jests games with the fake spike and putting an end to that ridiculous Favre era. Beyond that, we're the team with the perfect record. We derailed the '85 Bears. In puts in context how insignificant the jests are. Beating them is like crushing a mosquito. Yeah, it's satisfying, but to celebrate too much is beneath us. The jests are the most embarrassing, least accomplished franchise in NFL history.

You're right that this debate isn't terribly interesting. My main beef is w/ the OP claiming out of all the great moments the Dolphins have had in the past 20 years, this game was #1. It clearly wasn't even the best against NYJ, that'd be the spike game. If you include any game in the past 20 years against any opponent as the OP suggested, that'd be a pathetic statement for our franchise if this was our top moment. Luckily, it's not even close.

---------- Post added at 10:45 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:44 PM ----------

Well EvilDylan, we're not all the class acts that you are. Thanks for chiming in!

---------- Post added at 10:46 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:45 PM ----------

There's a difference between enjoying a win and saying that our best win in the last 20 years is a win over a 3-4 Mark Sanchez lead Jets team.

Sorry for being such a downer. Go Dolphins! We must be SB bound now that we beat this Jets team. Yeah baby!!!!!!!!!!!
I clarified in my first post, among jets wins this is one of my immediate favorites. spike game I went nuts watching it live. watching the end of the magina era in the last game of the season? priceless. all others have faded. (among jets wins). as to the best win altogether in 20 years? if you go by scale, playoffs always count for more than regular season, but marino's return against the pats ranks pretty damn high.

It was a fun win, but it's hard to take wins against the jests too significantly on a historical level. There have been a lot of fun games in the past 20 years. That Thanksgiving game with Lett's blunder. Marino's awesome display against the Patsies as he came back from the Achilles injury. Unleashing the wildcat against BB. Even past jests games with the fake spike and putting an end to that ridiculous Favre era. Beyond that, we're the team with the perfect record. We derailed the '85 Bears. In puts in context how insignificant the jests are. Beating them is like crushing a mosquito. Yeah, it's satisfying, but to celebrate too much is beneath us. The jests are the most embarrassing, least accomplished franchise in NFL history.
One of the best games ever! Man, I was a kid when I saw that game- Marino looked like a superhero that day.

With three straight victories, the Dolphins have the longest winning streak in the AFC! POW!

It won the division for the Dolphins! You bet it was a big deal! And if you were telling the truth about what happened next being meaningless, after a loss, how would you know or remember what happened to the Dolphins the next week?

One of the best games ever! Man, I was a kid when I saw that game- Marino looked like a superhero that day.
Damn right. I was there as a kid. Best game of my life. One of the most exciting football games ever played.

Back
Top Bottom