Best School in Florida? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Best School in Florida?

nick1

I am Groot
Club Member
Reaction score
I would say Florida is the best school as of right now but in the near future Miami will be the best school. FSU always get owned by Miami and last year got owned by Florida. Florida will definitely have the best team in Florida this season. thoughts?

It's hard to say, because they are all rivals. Miami and Florida State are about in the same position for their futures. They were both extremely young last year which can only mean good things for the future. FSU has had a few down years now because they just haven't had the playmakers on offense to win the close ball games. Miami has had the playmakers but have had a bag of potatoes for it's coach. Florida has all the momentum on their side because they have a fresh young coach that has the university all fired up about playing football. And don't get me wrong, I'm a huge FSU fan, but until Bobby decides to get rid of his son, it will continue to be the same sad song for the Seminoles.

Just like the Dolphins can't be claimed the best of the AFC east yet, because they haven't won anything...the same can be said about UF.

Miami is still the best school in Florida. Academically too.

nick1 said:
I would say Florida is the best school as of right now but in the near future Miami will be the best school. FSU always get owned by Miami and last year got owned by Florida. Florida will definitely have the best team in Florida this season. thoughts?
I agree :wink:

kpcane said:
Just like the Dolphins can't be claimed the best of the AFC east yet, because they haven't won anything...the same can be said about UF.

Academics are high standards at Thug U? :tongue: :tongue:

kpcane said:

True, Florida isn't the "beast of Florida college football."

Florida ranks 50th as far as academic standards go, Miami 55.

http://www.usnews.com/usnews/edu/college/rankings/brief/natudoc/tier1/t1natudoc_brief.php

Florida is also more selective, overall, than many schools. I've found this true among many people receiving Master's.
I know someone who made a GRE 400 on verbal and still got accepted into Miami's Master's Dept. for English.

AirFishOne said:
Academics are high standards at Thug U? :tongue: :tongue:
it's a myth that everyone who attends Miami is a thug, thats completely false. some are as long as they are good at football but when they get to Miami they don't commit any crimes. have you heard anything about Willie Williams commiting anymore crimes since he joined Miami? no

nick1 said:
it's a myth that everyone who attends Miami is a thug, thats completely false. some are as long as they are good at football but when they get to Miami they don't commit any crimes. have you heard anything about Willie Williams commiting anymore crimes since he joined Miami? no
That just means they have better lawyers and more money to buy off judges.

JK.

No, the "Thug U" title came from back in the day (when I believe it was JJ or Erickson Coaching there). However, that was a while ago. People loved it when Willie Williams did have the problems on the recruiting trip, but it has died down.

Back on subject, UF has the best academics in Florida. Right now, obviously the best Basketball team and it can be argued the best football, but I agree can't give them that title until they start playing and winning games this year.

However, on the same hand you can't say UM just because of what they have done in the past....

Kev83 said:
True, Florida isn't the "beast of Florida college football."

Florida ranks 50th as far as academic standards go, Miami 55.

http://www.usnews.com/usnews/edu/college/rankings/brief/natudoc/tier1/t1natudoc_brief.php

Florida is also more selective, overall, than many schools. I've found this true among many people receiving Master's.
I know someone who made a GRE 400 on verbal and still got accepted into Miami's Master's Dept. for English.

I wouldn't call US news the bible for academic standards...but I know Miami is at the very least as good as UF. We have top tier marine science, music, communications, medicine, and health psychology programs...just off the top of my head. Shalala just raised 1 billion dollars, and if the UM med school wasn't better before, it definitely will be now.
Not surprised about the english thing...probably just being able to speak fluent english will get you into the english program here. UF is fortunate that it is one of the few state schools in a state with a lot of residents. Once FIU and UCF get their med schools up, UF will probably become less competitive overall...jmo.

Oboy said:
However, on the same hand you can't say UM just because of what they have done in the past....

and you never know what'll happen if we let Germany rebuild an army....

Florida works with Shands Hospital which leads the nation in researching cancer, neuroscience and cardiovascular diseases (that's just a sample of all they do). It is going to be hard to pass Florida's medical school anytime soon.

As for the football teams....Miami obviously is the best in the past 20 years even though miami only leads the all-time series 28-25-0. Florida State hasn't beaten Florida in the last two years and I don't see it happening anytime soon so they're the 3rd best team.

As for the basketball teams....kiss the rings!!! (2005-06 Nat'l Champs, Back-to-back SEC Champs 2004-05/2005-06) :D

ClamCrowder said:
Florida works with Shands Hospital which leads the nation in researching cancer, neuroscience and cardiovascular diseases (that's just a sample of all they do). It is going to be hard to pass Florida's medical school anytime soon.

Do you have any proof of that? The medical school just got 700 billion dollars, and we already have JMH, Bascom Palmer, the Miami project to cure paralysis (just off the top of my head). If Miami isn't ahead of UF already, they're going to smoke past them in the next year or two. The new dean is from duke too. And the president of our school is the former secretary of health and human services.

Back
Top Bottom