Best School in Florida? | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Best School in Florida?

kpcane said:
I think South Florida has much, much more potential than Central Florida. If we're talking about football anyway.

Not a chance... USF is only a hair above UCF as a football program as it is. And UCF has MUCH better facilities, better campus, and is in a better city...

kpcane said:
It doesn't matter what the Big East's potential is, as long as they are a major conference the teams in that conference will bring in big money. And big money equals better facilities, equals better recruits. I don't think USF is that good right now, but they qualified for a bowl which is pretty amazing. With all the talent in Florida, I wouldn't be surprised to see them gunning down WVU and Louisville in 4-5 years for a BCS spot.

Meanwhile UCF has to have a perfect season to be considered for a BCS spot.

:sidelol:

UCF has the best facilities in the state... even better than the big 3...

FinNasty said:
Not a chance... USF is only a hair above UCF as a football program as it is. And UCF has MUCH better facilities, better campus, and is in a better city...

They may only be a little bit better now, but once that big money comes in from being in a major conference, well, I already said that. If I had to choose between UCF and USF, I'd pick UCF, but we're talking about football, and in this case, potential.

FinNasty said:
:sidelol:

UCF has the best facilities in the state... even better than the big 3...

I'm guessing that's why football players all over the country, who went to different universities, go to UM to train in the summer right?

kpcane said:
I'm guessing that's why football players all over the country, who went to different universities, go to UM to train in the summer right?

They go to UM to train with their former teammates... and to live and party in South Beach during the offseason.

They dont go back because of their facilities. Dont get me wrong... UM has some nice facilities... but UCF has the best ones in the state.

kpcane said:
They may only be a little bit better now, but once that big money comes in from being in a major conference, well, I already said that. If I had to choose between UCF and USF, I'd pick UCF, but we're talking about football, and in this case, potential.

You talk like the Big East is like the SEC or something. The Big East isnt that great. It is better than Conference-USA... but still isnt going to pour massive more amounts of $ into their program vs. UCF's. Plus, all of UCF's facilities are brand new, including their on campus stadium that has already began construction.

In terms of $, UCF already has all the money they need. They already have the best facilities in the state, and are about to have their own stadium... which USF doesnt and will not have.

Better Facilities + On Campus Stadium + Nicer Campus + Better City = Better recuites than USF.

FinNasty said:
They go to UM to train with their former teammates... and to live and party in South Beach during the offseason.

They dont go back because of their facilities. Dont get me wrong... UM has some nice facilities... but UCF has the best ones in the state.

Former teammates? What about guys like Plaxico Burress? What makes you say UCF has better facilities than UM or FSU? Do you see these guys on South Beach or are you just assuming?

FinNasty said:
You talk like the Big East is like the SEC or something. The Big East isnt that great. It is better than Conference-USA... but still isnt going to pour massive more amounts of $ into their program vs. UCF's. Plus, all of UCF's facilities are brand new, including their on campus stadium that has already began construction.

In terms of $, UCF already has all the money they need. They already have the best facilities in the state, and are about to have their own stadium... which USF doesnt and will not have.

Better Facilities + On Campus Stadium + Nicer Campus + Better City = Better recuites than USF.

I'm the last one you have to tell that the Big East is absolute garbage, but you're wrong about something. They do/will receive much much more money than UCF because of three letters and one compound word: BCS payday. As long as the BCS shells out tons of money to major conferences and as long as those conferences spread the money out evenly no matter who makes it to the big games, teams like South Florida will rake in big bucks. Maybe after this year that will change, but if things stay the way they are, no new stadium will net UCF more cash than USF.

kpcane said:
Former teammates? What about guys like Plaxico Burress? What makes you say UCF has better facilities than UM or FSU? Do you see these guys on South Beach or are you just assuming?

Bro... they get to live and party in South Beach. There is no assuming that needs to be done. Its just fact...

And its not an opinion that UCF's facilities are nicer... but also a fact (and its not a rip on the other schools).

UCF is the only school in the state with an indoor practice facility... all their other facilities were built within the last couple of years completely state of the art, and they will have a brand new stadium in a year.

kpcane said:
I'm the last one you have to tell that the Big East is absolute garbage, but you're wrong about something. They do/will receive much much more money than UCF because of three letters and one compound word: BCS payday. As long as the BCS shells out tons of money to major conferences and as long as those conferences spread the money out evenly no matter who makes it to the big games, teams like South Florida will rake in big bucks. Maybe after this year that will change, but if things stay the way they are, no new stadium will net UCF more cash than USF.

My point was... was that even if USF gets more money... UCF doesnt need any more money to build facilities... because they all have already been recently built... with the final piece (the stadium) in construction...

Also, I dont expect UCF to hang around in Conference USA for very long. We should be running that conference starting this year, and will continue to get better...

Back
Top Bottom