Best School in Florida? | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Best School in Florida?

GreenMachine said:
You are kidding, right???

UCF

I wasn't kidding. USF took a huge leap this year, and if they can win as many games this year as they did last year, they are going to be in for a top 25 recruiting class. USF is in a major conference and they have much more potential to grow. Heck, USF beat UCF last year didn't they?

PatsSuck456 said:
FIU will be good in 6 or 8 years.

This makes aboslutely no sense to me. 6 or 8 years??? What kind of timetable is that? I can see thinking it may take a new coach a few years to get his type of players in the program (i.e. Florida) but that takes 3-4 years tops.

I definitely agree that USF is on the rise. Florida is in great shape. Florida St. seems to be slipping. Miami seems stagnant to me, but will be fine in the end and won't see a losing season anytime soon.

kpcane said:
I wasn't kidding. USF took a huge leap this year, and if they can win as many games this year as they did last year, they are going to be in for a top 25 recruiting class. USF is in a major conference and they have much more potential to grow. Heck, USF beat UCF last year didn't they?

Yea, the first time they ever played. Then they snapped their streak. Then they had an amazing year. Then, they actually SHOWED UP in their first ever bowl game, while USF got shut out.

The Big East has about as much potential for a powerhouse football conference as Jay Fiedler has to be a perennial pro-bowler. The Big East is just benefiting from an awful system that hopefully is reformed sooner, rather than later.

UCF hosts USF at the Citrus Bowl this year, let's see what happens.

Let me also add that no one from USF was even drafted this year. On top of that, how many USFers that are not scrubs are in the NFL?

Motion said:
This makes aboslutely no sense to me. 6 or 8 years??? What kind of timetable is that? I can see thinking it may take a new coach a few years to get his type of players in the program (i.e. Florida) but that takes 3-4 years tops.

What is the definition of "good" for FIU? If by "good" you mean national championship contender....you're talking more like a generation. Now if "Good" means going 7-5 in the Sun-Belt Conference and winning an automatic bid to the New Orleans Bowl or one of the low-profile bowls...then 6-8 years is a realistic timetable for a "good" season. Anything else, FIU would need to grow massively and get out of the Sun Belt Conference.

I will say that USF is also on the rise, but to say they are leaps and bounds ahead of UCF is blasphemy. AS far as USF and UCF go in comparison with the Big boys...it's still a little ways away. It's close enough to where the top three should start to be concerned. I'd say FSU first because in the next 5 years, the bobby bowden era will end. A regime change there could put the program lower than it has been for decades. Miami has been topsy-turvy with Coker, and we don't know how the Urban Meyer experiment will pan out yet. UF is in the best shape of the big-three long term IMO.

There is enough talent for all five schools to field great teams. If more of these kids stay in-state to play for UCF or USF, look out.

Kev83 said:
I definitely agree that USF is on the rise. Florida is in great shape. Florida St. seems to be slipping. Miami seems stagnant to me, but will be fine in the end and won't see a losing season anytime soon.

I think you are 100% correct about that. It's going to be very interesting the next 5 or 10 years. Ucf is the other team on the rise. It will also be interesting because Uf will be playing UCF the next two years.

Back
Top Bottom