Big Hank On Dolphins | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Big Hank On Dolphins

DolFinatic718 said:
By The War Room - SportingNews

Chris Mortensen ESPN

BY BARRY JACKSON

Fiedler is better than the fans give him credit for? Again, these are opinions from people who know less about this team than we do. We have seen Feidler every week. We know exactly what he can do, and exactly what he can't--namely taking the Dolphins anywhere.

The third string argument again? Favre was third string. As was Delhomme and Warner couldn't even make a team. This argument holds no water in and of itself.

As for AJ not being sited by 16 players, wait until they put on the pads.

DrAstroZoom said:
(a) I think you're misunderstanding. The ripping on Hank is for what has been stated as a foregone conclusion when the starting spot is still very much up for grabs.

(b) Why is it "too bad"? I've been a Fiedler supporter for a while, and I still am. I just happen to think it will be best for the team in the long run if Feeley gets the starting job.

Sorry, but your post has me :confused:

No the petty minded ones take it as a forgone conclusion because it is something you dont want to hear. That is his opinion on the situation same as if I ask many of you who our starting Qb will be the answer is Feeley. So relax. Even if you dont agree with the guy calling him all sorts of names is childish, grow up

Regarding the Sporting News quote ... yes, Fielder is better than many Dolphin fans give him credit for ... but when you consider many Dolphin fans think he's the antichrist, that's not a groundbreaking statement, and it doesn't mean he'll end up as the starter.

The Mort quote has been beaten to death in other threads. There were extenuating circumstances that made this situation more complex than "Detmer is better than Feeley because he's higher on the depth chart."

The Barry Jackson quote doesn't surprise me at all. The Dolphin players are smart enough to know that any demonstrative "vote of confidence" for Feeley at this point in the game would turn the QB competition into a controversy, something the Dolphins DO NOT NEED at this juncture.

phinman1 said:
Fiedler is better than the fans give him credit for? Again, these are opinions from people who know less about this team than we do. We have seen Feidler every week. We know exactly what he can do, and exactly what he can't--namely taking the Dolphins anywhere.

The third string argument again? Favre was third string. As was Delhomme and Warner couldn't even make a team. This argument holds no water in and of itself.

As for AJ not being sited by 16 players, wait until they put on the pads.

1. I noticed your hate for fiedler a few post back so I wont argue with you long. These guys know more about football then me and you so please dont kid yourself. They get paid to know football and quite frankly you dont. Sitting in front of the T.V and watching the Fins every Sunday makes you no expert buddy. lol.

2. Feeley being a 3rd string Qb is a very good point whether you want to see it that way or not, and we jumped on him, but how many teams were asking about Feeley's services? Not many I will tell you that.

3. This is the funniest one. Pads have nothing to do with a Qb skills!!!! If anything a Qb should show more accurancy and be better at drills without the pads. Please come up with a better argument then that. Nobody has pads on buddy and still some of our new guys are impressive, Feeley just not being one of them. lol.

DrAstroZoom said:
Regarding the Sporting News quote ... yes, Fielder is better than many Dolphin fans give him credit for ... but when you consider many Dolphin fans think he's the antichrist, that's not a groundbreaking statement, and it doesn't mean he'll end up as the starter.

The Mort quote has been beaten to death in other threads. There were extenuating circumstances that made this situation more complex than "Detmer is better than Feeley because he's higher on the depth chart."

The Barry Jackson quote doesn't surprise me at all. The Dolphin players are smart enough to know that any demonstrative "vote of confidence" for Feeley at this point in the game would turn the QB competition into a controversy, something the Dolphins DO NOT NEED at this juncture.

lol, what part of this should be taken seriously? because this entire response is a joke! Fiedler IS better then most fans give him credit for and adding a threat like Boston may very well allow fans to see that.

I dont care how many times its been beaten, I will beat it some more, he was a 3rd string, and judging from what Chris said, against Carolina he was still 3rd string when he could of been 2nd at best.

he didnt ask for a vote of confidence dude so please lets keep this in context. He asked who was impressive, that is not stirring anything. It is not "stupid" to say someone is impressive. Not one person, one single person said Feeley, that speaks volumes to me. You know its funny, because Morlon just threw your argument out the window actually because he clearly stated that Feeley will make a good "Back up" if fiedler goes down. Now THATS A BOOST OF CONFIDENCE FOR YA. LOL.

DolFinatic718 said:
1. I noticed your hate for fiedler a few post back so I wont argue with you long. These guys know more about football then me and you so please dont kid yourself. They get paid to know football and quite frankly you dont. Sitting in front of the T.V and watching the Fins every Sunday makes you no expert buddy. lol.

2. Feeley being a 3rd string Qb is a very good point whether you want to see it that way or not, and we jumped on him, but how many teams were asking about Feeley's services? Not many I will tell you that.

3. This is the funniest one. Pads have nothing to do with a Qb skills!!!! If anything a Qb should show more accurancy and be better at drills without the pads. Please come up with a better argument then that. Nobody has pads on buddy and still some of our new guys are impressive, Feeley just not being one of them. lol.

As to your first point, I don't hate Fiedler. I admire his toughness and heart. He just can't get it done. If you can't see that, you are blind. As for your blind loyalty to talking heads who get paid, do you believe everything you read or hear from these guys. Expert? It doesn't take a football expert to see Fiedler is awful at crunch time. Learn to think for yourself.

As to your second point. You speak without knowing. There were other teams who were interested in Feeley. No less a source as Wolf said it was a good move, as did Mueller. You revere "experts", there are two for you.

Let's have this argument again when camp starts. By pads, I meant when the competition gets tough and AJ has had time to become acclimated to everything. When push comes to shove, he'll seperate himself. Man, maybe I should speak in baby talk when replying to one of your inane posts.

phinman1 said:
As to your first point, I don't hate Fiedler. I admire his toughness and heart. He just can't get it done. If you can't see that, you are blind. As for your blind loyalty to talking heads who get paid, do you believe everything you read or hear from these guys. Expert? It doesn't take a football expert to see Fiedler is awful at crunch time. Learn to think for yourself.

As to your second point. You speak without knowing. There were other teams who were interested in Feeley. No less a source as Wolf said it was a good move, as did Mueller. You revere "experts", there are two for you.

Let's have this argument again when camp starts. By pads, I meant when the competition gets tough and AJ has had time to become acclimated to everything. When push comes to shove, he'll seperate himself. Man, maybe I should speak in baby talk when replying to one of your inane posts.
:chuckle:

phinman1 said:
DolFinatic718 said:

3. This is the funniest one. Pads have nothing to do with a Qb skills!!!! If anything a Qb should show more accurancy and be better at drills without the pads. Please come up with a better argument then that. Nobody has pads on buddy and still some of our new guys are impressive, Feeley just not being one of them. lol.[/QUOTE

Baby talk? I thought a "baby" wrote that. lol. inane? But whatever, point is they get paid to do what they do (watch and analyze football) and you dont, and they all know way more then you do, thats the point, in baby talk.

And you think I dont know, but I do know because it was already stated that the Phins offered a 2nd because there was "some" interest in Feeley from other teams. But whatever the case is, this kid is nothing special to offer a 2nd for. Wolf said he would of took Feeley over Garcia, I mean that can go either way, Garcia is 34! Not much upside there. Warner? Thats a no brainer, the guys has obviously lost it and the injury has hurt his career, again a no brainer. Collins? No way, I would of and Wolf would of taken Collins. Warner is a bum, and Garcia is a old man.

PhinKev said:
2. Fielder is the starter. Than he compared Feeley to Damon Huard and said that he benefited from being on a good team that won despite him and not because of him. Said Fiedler was the guy right now.

The fact that Fiedler is the starter is hardly a revelation. Every report from the press and fans have Jay performing significantly better at the camps to date.

Feeley in 2002 was better than Huard in 1999 but Hank is right that Feeley was not a difference maker for the Eagles. The Eagles played one quality defense when AJ started and Feeley crashed and burned against that Giants D. This explains the struggles practicing against the Dolphins D so far...

Unless Feeley finds another gear, Fiedler will remain the starter when the season kicks off.

Dolphan_B said:
The fact that Fiedler is the starter is hardly a revelation. Every report from the press and fans have Jay performing significantly better at the camps to date.

Feeley in 2002 was better than Huard in 1999 but Hank is right that Feeley was not a difference maker for the Eagles. The Eagles played one quality defense when AJ started and Feeley crashed and burned against that Giants D. This explains the struggles practicing against the Dolphins D so far...

Unless Feeley finds another gear, Fiedler will remain the starter when the season kicks off.

Word

Dolphan_B said:

Every report I've read has said that Feeley has improved steadily throughout. While Fiedler may still hold an edge due to familiarity with the offense I believe that Feeley will eventually be the starter and he will prove to be better than Fiedler overall.

As far as the Giants game goes, I have never seen so many dropped balls in my life. Feeley was 13/25 in that game and could have been 20/25 if any of receivers knew they owned hands.

If by "crashed and burned" you mean he didn't put his team in position to win at the end of regulation, you may be mistaken.

inFINSible said:
Every report I've read has said that Feeley has improved steadily throughout. While Fiedler may still hold an edge due to familiarity with the offense I believe that Feeley will eventually be the starter and he will prove to be better than Fiedler overall.

As far as the Giants game goes, I have never seen so many dropped balls in my life. Feeley was 13/25 in that game and could have been 20/25 if any of receivers knew they owned hands.

If by "crashed and burned" you mean he didn't put his team in position to win at the end of regulation, you may be mistaken.

Drop balls are part of the game, stop making excuses, when that happens with Fiedler its his fault but when it happens to Feeley its unbelievable, kill it. What recievers has JF had?

DolFinatic718 said:
Drop balls are part of the game, stop making excuses, when that happens with Fiedler its his fault but when it happens to Feeley its unbelievable, kill it. What recievers has JF had?
You're problem is that you think I'm arguing, I'm not, I'm just stating my opinion and no matter how many times you want to state yours it doesn't change mine.

:D

Good Points!

DrAstroZoom said:

I love the point on Jackson's article!

If we keep things in perspective, then we know there is a long, long way to go in determining who our starting QB will be. A lot of us think Jay may get the nod first, but when he gets injured then AJ will come in and finish the season as the starter. Hank tries, but the more he hangs around that crowd as ESPN, the weaker his analysis gets.

Steve

Back
Top Bottom