Big Hank On Dolphins | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Big Hank On Dolphins

ABrownLamp said:
uh oh. Very good authority, IN CAPS!!!! Well I heard, from SKEETER IN APARTMENT 304, that Fiedler is and will be the starting quarterback come September. And further, SKEETER knows that Huizinga likes Fiedler. Adores him. Maybe even... loves him. SKEETER isn't syaing that Huizinga is gay or anything...just, you know... curious.

lmao :roflmao: @ curious

Hey I have already said in other posts I want the best man to win. You guys keep arguing over who is gonna start and what not and it isn't even July yet. There is no doubt if the season started tomorrow Jay would be the QB he knows the system better. But I heard Wanny say himself there was open competition at the QB spot that he normally liked to know by the 3rd preseason game who that would be. He said at one point in training camp one player starts to seperate from the other. He said that if it was a close race then you normally get a gut feeling about who the guy was and you go with it. So with that being said we can set here and say well we gave up to much for Feely for him not to start but it doesn't matter the best man will start and we don't know who that will be. But the good thing is guys we will know in about a month and a half.

Muck said:
In the words of the Big O.....

"Call me when Hank makes it to more than one practice a year."
Muck, when I started the BIG "O" was on here alot giving reports, I was just wondering where he is, since I have not seen or heard from him in a long time. Does he just give reports when the season really gets going, and if so, when will he be back ? Thanks,Dan

Look. Fiedler is not a good quarterback. We have all seen him overthrow balls game after game, to wide open receivers. While David Boston MIGHT make him a better qb, it still doesn't account for the consistant interceptions and misthrows. There's all kinds of crap about Feeley being a third string QB in Philly. So what? Even if you were to take this into your assessment of him as a QB, it still doesn't mean that he isn't better than Jay Fiedler. Was he worth a 2nd rounder next year? Who knows.

Additionally, all these "experts" never ever get anything right. I don't care how much football they know. What were they saying about the Patriots at the beginning of last season? Did you hear any mention about the Panthers? Did you hear anything but poor analysis about the Bengals last year? I sure didn't. Beleive it or not, of all NFL analysts making predictions on a game-by-game basis, our own Hank Goldberg led them all... WITH JUST OVER 50%. Predictions in the NFL are impossible. Don't think so? Try gambling parlay style (multiple game bets) using the predictions from analysts. You will find yourself SOL, believe me I've been doing it for years. These people don't know any more than we do. They can just talk a good game.

PhinKev said:
To open his show he said:

1. He talked to some people in the prosecutor's office and doesn't think the McMichael case will go anywhere. Usually they don't prosecute unless one side or the other is pushing it. Did say he expects counseling for alcohol and domestic abuse for Randy and said a possible suspension as much as 3 or 4 games.

2. Fielder is the starter. Than he compared Feeley to Damon Huard and said that he benefited from being on a good team that won despite him and not because of him. Said Fiedler was the guy right now.

3. The Wade Smith injury could be a disaster. Said an already thin line would be in very poor shape. Said you can't find LT this late.

In Hurricane news he said that Willie Williams is going to be accepted onto the team despite all of his convictions as long as he doesn't get jail time. He also suggested that the media will make the Canes look pretty bad for it too.

Hank also mentioned that if Wanny dosen't change his offensive philosophy from past years that no matter what changes they made, they won't go far.
It's an interesting theory and it may have validity to it.

DrAstroZoom said:
(a) I think you're misunderstanding. The ripping on Hank is for what has been stated as a foregone conclusion when the starting spot is still very much up for grabs.

(b) Why is it "too bad"? I've been a Fiedler supporter for a while, and I still am. I just happen to think it will be best for the team in the long run if Feeley gets the starting job.

Sorry, but your post has me :confused:

You have clearly been dumbed down as a result of reading the intellectually inferior S. Florida media. If you were able to read the NY media which is completely unbiased, supportive of all their teams and only report factual stories your intellect would be on par with Mr. DolFinatic and you would understand the obvious. :roflmao:

ABrownLamp said:
look Fiedler is not a good quarterback.
Opinion. Not a very good 1 either

We have all seen him overthrow balls game after game, to wide open receivers.
What wide open recievers? Ward O no maybe Mcnight always gets open. How about slow as a turtle Gasden? This guy has been playing with mediocre recievers or recievers on the downside of their careers (Mcduffie, Carter). O and its not like this guy has a ton of time to place the ball where he wants behind our terrible pass protection. Give me a break!

While David Boston MIGHT make him a better qb, it still doesn't account for the consistant interceptions and misthrows.
Your unprecedented knowledge of football is unbelievable. Because obviously you know that if you have Wr's on your team that can get open consistently you dont need Marino back there to get them the ball. So of course you know that the 1-2 punch of Chambers and Boston would make any Qb better.

There's all kinds of crap about Feeley being a third string QB in Philly. So what? Even if you were to take this into your assessment of him as a QB, it still doesn't mean that he isn't better than Jay Fiedler.
And nothing says that Feeley is better then Fiedler Sad thing is I can point to various things that say that Fiedler is better, but on what basis can you say that Feeley is better then anybody? He may be better then Sage, who knows?

Additionally, all these "experts" never ever get anything right.
They are sports broadcasters, I very rarely hear anyone introduce someone as an expert. But if you want to call someone an expert based on how much knowledge they have about a sport, they are a genius and your in Special Ed.

Point is I am tired of people blaming one man for this TEAM'S inconsitencies. This team has lacked talent in almost every posititon on offense, and the spending by the FO has shown that. So stop blaming one man for this. The FO knows better then you, and that man is still on this team, so just keep hating. :D

DolFinatic718 said:
lol, what part of this should be taken seriously? because this entire response is a joke! Fiedler IS better then most fans give him credit for and adding a threat like Boston may very well allow fans to see that.

I dont care how many times its been beaten, I will beat it some more, he was a 3rd string, and judging from what Chris said, against Carolina he was still 3rd string when he could of been 2nd at best.

he didnt ask for a vote of confidence dude so please lets keep this in context. He asked who was impressive, that is not stirring anything. It is not "stupid" to say someone is impressive. Not one person, one single person said Feeley, that speaks volumes to me. You know its funny, because Morlon just threw your argument out the window actually because he clearly stated that Feeley will make a good "Back up" if fiedler goes down. Now THATS A BOOST OF CONFIDENCE FOR YA. LOL.

I glad my post brought you such amusement. I'll refrain from dealing with each of your points individually, because I don't want you to hurt yourself laughing. :rolleyes:

But let me just say this. I've been one of the staunchest supporters of Fiedler on here, and I think there could be many worse things than him starting in 2004. I just think it's silly to go into training camp assuming Fiedler's going to be the starter when it's all said and done.

PhinKev said:

1. He talked to some people in the prosecutor's office and doesn't think the McMichael case will go anywhere. Usually they don't prosecute unless one side or the other is pushing it. Did say he expects counseling for alcohol and domestic abuse for Randy and said a possible suspension as much as 3 or 4 games.

2. Fielder is the starter. Than he compared Feeley to Damon Huard and said that he benefited from being on a good team that won despite him and not because of him. Said Fiedler was the guy right now.

3. The Wade Smith injury could be a disaster. Said an already thin line would be in very poor shape. Said you can't find LT this late.

In Hurricane news he said that Willie Williams is going to be accepted onto the team despite all of his convictions as long as he doesn't get jail time. He also suggested that the media will make the Canes look pretty bad for it too.

#3 of Hanks disaster list is already off the books. Two more to go for this guy to wiff completely on these lame, uninformed opinions.

When will this debate ever end??? :lol:

I haven't weighed in on this since I started posting here, so here's my opinion:

I used to be one of Fiedler's biggest supporters on the ESPN boards. I wasn't thrilled with his performance his first couple of seasons in Miami, but I could see improvement. While many wanted trash him immediately, I was always saying that he needed to be given a chance to continue his progression. When the 2002 season started and he came out of the blocks on fire I thought we were finally seeing what he could really do. And then came the Denver game and the broken thumb. And things have been all downhill in my opinion since then.

He returned from that injury as inconsistent as ever and did nothing to show me that he was capable of being consistent once the 2003 season started either. It was during the season last year that I realized that this team needed to go in another direction.

It's not that I think Fiedler is horrible, the way many fans make him out to be, it's just that I don't think he is consistent enough to be the QB that this team needs. He HAS missed wide open receivers down field with regularity. He HAS thrown inexplicable INTs in crucial game situations on a number of occasions. And he HAS disappeared in big games against good teams throughout most of his tenure in Miami (not that he is the only one on this team who has, but he probably has the biggest impact on the team when it happens). He also has had some really good games and made some really big plays, but I'd say they cancel each other out and we need more than that from our QB.

So, I'm disappointed that he has remained on the roster, not because I hate him, but because I fear that this team will never completely move on as long as he is here. I don't think that Wanny would really jeopardize his job by playing favorites with his QB, but the possibility is always in the back of my mind.

So, that's how I feel about the whole Fiedler thing. Not that anyone cares, I just don't want to immediately be called a "hater" just because I think the team would be better off without him.

As a Pats fan, I respect what Fiedler can do. He's the only QB in the east with any scrambling ability. He's also the only one to suffer from a broken thumb.

Did anyone happen to notice that Farve and Warner suffered greatly in accuracy after their similar injuries? Warner still hasn't recovered.

If Jay has finally recovered from his injury, I'd expect him to beat out Feely with little trouble. C'mon, the guys been 3RD STRING behind KOY DETMER?!?! This trade reminds me of the Rob Johnson - Bills deal, but at least the Fins only gave up a 2nd.

PhinKev said:

1) So Randy got drunk on his birthday, big deal, from what I heard it sounded like he was defending himself against his wife who was physically abusing him. On the tape he was asking for help so he could get his daughter and himself out of the house without having his wife attack him anymore

2) Too early to name the starting quarterback, get back to me after the real Training camp and a couple pre-season games.

3) Wade Smith's injury is not very serious and he should be ready for Training camp.

Back
Top Bottom