big news out of cleveland! | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

big news out of cleveland!

I can see Cleveland passing on Quinn and taking Peterson. I cannot see them passing on Russell though. There's no way Russell falls out of the top 3 in my opinion. Miami would need to trade up to 6 to assure themselves of getting Quinn because I believe Minnesota will take him at 7 unless Landry drops to them.

Landry will be there at 7 (who else will take him?), but the question is does Minny pick him over Quinn? I go back and forth all the time.

On one hand, Minny spent a 2nd rounder (and I believe traded up for) Tavarius Jackson last year, and while he had a bad year, he WAS a rookie and it seems too early to give up on an investment like that.

On the other, Quinn is a special talent and Tavarius DOESN'T appear to be the answer, so they may just cut their losses and nab Quinn if he fall sin their lap and chalk up the investment in Jackson last year as part of the investment in Quinn.

I too thought Cleveland would get Peterson all along.

My first 10 mock

1. Oakland- Jamarcus Russell
2. Detroit- Joe Thomas
3. Cleveland- Adrian Peterson
4. Tampa Bay- Calvin Johnson
5. Arizona- Gaines Adams
6. Miami (trade up) - Brady Quinn
7. Minnesota- Ted Ginn Jr.
8. Atlanta- Laron Landry
9. Washington- Jamaal Anderson
10. Houston- Levi Brown

Todd McShay is saying that Quinn will be this year's Leinart and will be a Viking or a Dolphin.

http://insider.espn.go.com/nfl/draf...olumns/story?columnist=mcshay_todd&id=2831677

Can't read the whole article unless you are an insider, but there it is.

What I wonder is, why doesn't anyone make mention of the fact that there are a number of teams that draft after the Dolphins that could use a really good shot at a franchise QB (like Quinn) and just might trade over us? I recognize that we have the ninth pick which affords us more leverage on that principle alone but what other teams after us could really make the plunge??

Andrew @ Pulp Fiction
Teams right behind Miami are no threat to trade all the way up to draft Quinn. Here are the teams behind Miami:

10. Texans...just gave Matt Schaub $49 Million. No chance.
11. 49ers...Alex Smith. No chance.
12. Bills...J.P. Losman progressed really well at the end of last year. Highly doubtful.
13. Rams...Marc Bulger. No chance.
14. Panthers...Jake Delhomme is getting older but it's doubtful they trade up all the way up to take Quinn. Doubtful.
15. Steelers...Ben Roethlisberger. No chance.
16. Packers...They have a 1st round QB in Aaron Rodgers. Highly doubtful.
17. Jaguars...They aren't happy with the QB position but I don't think they have the ammo to move up that far. Doubtful
18. Bengals...Carson Palmer. No chance.
19. Titans...Vince Young. No chance.
20. Giants...Eli Manning. No chance.
21. Broncos...Jay Cutler. No chance.
22. Cowboys...Tony Romo. No chance.

There's only 2 teams in the next 13 picks with any possibility of moving up to take Quinn and those 2 teams have other needs before the QB position.

Landry will be there at 7 (who else will take him?), but the question is does Minny pick him over Quinn? I go back and forth all the time.

On one hand, Minny spent a 2nd rounder (and I believe traded up for) Tavarius Jackson last year, and while he had a bad year, he WAS a rookie and it seems too early to give up on an investment like that.

On the other, Quinn is a special talent and Tavarius DOESN'T appear to be the answer, so they may just cut their losses and nab Quinn if he fall sin their lap and chalk up the investment in Jackson last year as part of the investment in Quinn.
I think there's a small chance that Washington could take Landry. Plus, there's that rumor about New England trading the 28th pick and Asante Samuel to Washington for the 6th pick so they can draft Landry.

I think there's a small chance that Washington could take Quinn. Plus, there's that rumor about New England trading the 28th pick and Asante Samuel to Washington for the 6th pick so they can draft Landry.

I really think if Quinn falls past the top 3 we'd have to screw up BIG time NOT to land him. Washington has NO picks after their 1st rounder. There next pick is round FIVE. They are practically BEGGING to trade down, and we are practically begging for a franchise QB. It's a match made in heaven, so long as he gets past Detroit and Cleveland. Washington NEEDS more picks, so even if they COULD use Quinn (doubtful since Campbell was a 1st rounder), it isn't such a need that they would pass up the chance at getting extra picks to do so.

I personally think Brady Quinn is a Miami Dolphin so long as he escapes Detroit and Cleveland.

I really think if Quinn falls past the top 3 we'd have to screw up BIG time NOT to land him. Washington has NO picks after their 1st rounder. There next pick is round FIVE. They are practically BEGGING to trade down, and we are practically begging for a franchise QB. It's a match made in heaven, so long as he gets past Detroit and Cleveland. Washington NEEDS more picks, so even if they COULD use Quinn (doubtful since Campbell was a 1st rounder), it isn't such a need that they would pass up the chance at getting extra picks to do so.

I personally think Brady Quinn is a Miami Dolphin so long as he escapes Detroit and Cleveland.
Oops. I didn't mean to say there's a small chance Washington could take Quinn, I meant Landry. I think they are more than happy with developing Jason Campball. I agree with you about Quinn slipping past Cleveland though. Something tells me that Minnesota will not take Quinn. He doesn't seem like their type of player. Hopefully Childress and the staff feel the same way. I just wish the draft was this Saturday instead of the 28th.

Oops. I didn't mean to say there's a small chance Washington could take Quinn, I meant Landry. I think they are more than happy with developing Jason Campball. I agree with you about Quinn slipping past Cleveland though. Something tells me that Minnesota will not take Quinn. He doesn't seem like their type of player. Hopefully Childress and the staff feel the same way. I just wish the draft was this Saturday instead of the 28th.

Yeah really, this time of year is WAY to stressful for me :lol:

Football is the only sport I follow, the rest either bore me (baseball, hockey), don't interest me one bit (basketball), or only occasionally interest me if nothings on (NASCAR), but I follow football (college and pro) HARDCORE, and this time of year is absolute hell. It's so slow for news and action, and what "news" we do get cannot be trusted on bit, so it drives me crazy. 17 more days though, and then we get 2 days of more football stats and facts than we can handle, then NOTHING til training camp. It's like going on a giant binge before rehab :lol:

Yeah really, this time of year is WAY to stressful for me :lol:

Football is the only sport I follow, the rest either bore me (baseball, hockey), don't interest me one bit (basketball), or only occasionally interest me if nothings on (NASCAR), but I follow football (college and pro) HARDCORE, and this time of year is absolute hell. It's so slow for news and action, and what "news" we do get cannot be trusted on bit, so it drives me crazy. 17 more days though, and then we get 2 days of more football stats and facts than we can handle, then NOTHING til training camp. It's like going on a giant binge before rehab :lol:
Oh that must be tough not following any other sports. If I was just a football fan I would be going crazy at this point. Thank God I'm a diehard Yankees fan and a big Nets fan. I don't know what I'd do from May until August in the sporting world.

browns are eyeing rb adrian peterson....not brady quinn.it was said tonight in cleveland sports...so that leaves quinn to fall to at least 7 with the minnesota vikings who will take a long look at him....so we need to jump them and get to number 5 cards or 6 skins....what do you guys think?

If you believe anything you hear this time of the year weeks before the draft then you need your head examined...NO GM is going to tell you anything of worth...it's a game of disinformation...look it up...disinformation!!:tantrum:

Who do people have Detroit taking? Is anyone more worried about Detroit than Cleveland besides me?

I'm more worried about Detroit than Cleveland. Charlie Frye and Derek Anderson are both young guys coming into their third season, I think they take AD. I figure their defense will be pretty solid this year, they might be able to ride AD and Jamal Lewis to the playoffs.

What is real is that Josh McCown wants to be traded. WHY????

Isn't it obvious??? He knows the Lions are drafting a QB and he is going to fade from the picture in Detroit.

DETROIT IS DRAFTING QB IN THE 1ST ROUND.

browns are eyeing rb adrian peterson....not brady quinn.it was said tonight in cleveland sports...so that leaves quinn to fall to at least 7 with the minnesota vikings who will take a long look at him....so we need to jump them and get to number 5 cards or 6 skins....what do you guys think?
I think its fantastic. I'm so glad the Browns are not eying Quinn and are focussing on Peterson. Even better that they shared it with the public. I mean, what good does it do for the average NFL fan to just be waiting for months ahead of time speculating on who your team will draft?
Really impressive move by Phil Savage and the Cleveland Browns to let it be known they eyeing Peterson rather than Quinn. What possible reasons could they have to misguide others by suggesting they are interested in someone they aren't?
I really hope that this groundbreaking development you have shared with us is an omen of things to come. Maybe Romeo Crennel will set a precedent in playcalling this upcoming season. I'm hoping that he finally gets rid of that pesky 'play-action' and that other coaches will see the light and follow suit. I mean really, just like the strategy in the draft, what good does it do to make others think you are going to do one thing, and then fool everybody by doing sonmething else? Seriously, isn't that dishonest?:err:

Don't forget the possibility that Minnesota would swap with Washington if they really wanted Quinn and they felt Miami was going to swap with Washington to get Quinn. If Arizona had already picked, Miami would have no options.

the signing of jamal lewis combined with the trading of drougns pretty much convinced me that cleveland is drafting peterson. no question. unless....russell is there. and he will be. peterson falls to the cardinals, the vikings go defense, miami gets quinn. :)

Back
Top Bottom