big news out of cleveland! | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

big news out of cleveland!

C'mon Bryan, how many pre-drafts and drafts have you been through?

This certainly doesn't qualify as news, and it certainly is nothing to put any credibility in.

BlueFin

C'mon Bryan, how many pre-drafts and drafts have you been through?

This certainly doesn't qualify as news, and it certainly is nothing to put any credibility in.

Blue,

I think if you hear it now...it's probably pure bull! (smokescreen).
My thought for what its worth is:
1. Oakland goes CJ or Russell...I think Russell.
2. Detroit really holds ALL the cards for a Quinn drop. I really think the Lions are desparate to TRADE DOWN. I think the Lions can fill a OL or DL need below #12 slot and grab a boat-load of picks in the process. If they can't trade down, I do think they go with Thomas.
3. Cleveland will take Russell if he slides but my thought is Crennell HAS TO show some improvement THIS year or he's in serious hot water. I don't think that Quinn or Russell for that matter provides them the immediate impact that Peterson does. Just my opinion but I think the Browns take Peterson and think QB in rounds 2 or 3 along with making a serious push for Green. What say you?

Jamal Lewis is signed only to a 1 year contract we know his best football is behind him Peterson is a great fit for the Browns with lewis there to show him the ropes.Romeo is in hot water in Cleveland and needs and impact player who can come in right away and start.Quinn does not give him that.Hope he falls should be interesting how this plays out.

Its not outside the realm of possiblity that neither of the top 2 QBs get drafted in the top 5. I can see a scenario where the top 3 are Johnson - Thomas - Peterson. From there the next team that might take a QB would be the Vikings, and that's far from a lock. Quinn just may be sitting there for us at #9.

My own personal feeling is to sit tight and see how the top 4 plays out. If Quinn gets past the Browns then I think Mueller should try and trade down to 5 or 6 to get past the Vikings. That wouldn't cost too much. Trading up any higher would cost too much IMO.

Blue,

I think if you hear it now...it's probably pure bull! (smokescreen).
My thought for what its worth is:
1. Oakland goes CJ or Russell...I think Russell.
2. Detroit really holds ALL the cards for a Quinn drop. I really think the Lions are desparate to TRADE DOWN. I think the Lions can fill a OL or DL need below #12 slot and grab a boat-load of picks in the process. If they can't trade down, I do think they go with Thomas.
3. Cleveland will take Russell if he slides but my thought is Crennell HAS TO show some improvement THIS year or he's in serious hot water. I don't think that Quinn or Russell for that matter provides them the immediate impact that Peterson does. Just my opinion but I think the Browns take Peterson and think QB in rounds 2 or 3 along with making a serious push for Green. What say you?

I'm still working on my final thoughts, but as of today this is how I see it:

Call this BlueFin Mock version 1.0

1) Oakland - Calvin Johnson, I'm convinced this is their pick, you simply can't pass on a sure thing of this caliber, and this guy is as sure a thing as I've seen. I believe Oakland will obtain a Vet QB and probably draft a QB at the top of round two (Trent Edwards).

2) Detroit - Joe Thomas, I really think Detroit would like to trade down, but finding a partner is much harder than most of Finheaven thinks. CJ going first eliminates a Tampa tradeup which I thought was their best chance of finding a partner. I think the price for Miami will be too much to get this high and ultimately Matt Millen takes the safe choice here, not much of a bust factor with Joe Thomas.....Millen needs to hit with this pick.

3) Cleveland - Jamarcus Russell.

4) Tampa - Amobi Okoye, Monte Kiffin finally replaces Warren Sapp.

5) Arizona - Gaines Adams

6) Miami (from Washington) - Brady Quinn - If your gonna draft your franchise QB, best time for a new regime to do it is year one, Miami gives up either pick 60, or their third rounder and and a seventh.

Again, I reserve the right to change my mind, but this is what I feel will happen right now.

I'm still working on my final thoughts, but if as of today this is how I see it:

1) Oakland - Calvin Johnson, I'm convinced this is their pick, you simply can't pass on a sure thing of this caliber, and this guy is as sure a thing as I've seen. I believe Oakland will obtain a Vet QB and probably draft a QB at the top of round two (Trent Edwards).

2) Detroit - Joe Thomas, I really think Detroit would like to trade down, but finding a partner is much harder than most of Finheaven thinks. CJ going first eliminates a Tampa tradeup which I thought was their best chance of finding a partner. I think the price for Miami will be too much to get this high and ultimately Matt Millen takes the safe choice here, not much of a bust factor with Joe Thomas.....Millen needs to hit with this pick.

6) Miami (from Washington) - Brady Quinn - If your gonna draft your franchise QB, best time for a new regime to do it is year one, Miami gives up either pick 60, or their third rounder and and a seventh.

Again, I reserve the right to change my mind, but this is what I feel will happen right now.
I find it very hard to believe that the bUcs would take Okoye at 4. I could be wrong but it jsut doesn't make much sense to me.

I myself would love to see Quinn drop past Detroit and Cleveland. But Learner has said that Crennel/Savage are not on the hot seat this year to win, the team just needs to show improvement, so this part worries me that the AP news is just a smoke screen. A lot of the Cleveland fans I know have been saying that they would like to see Antonio Pittman (OSU RB - Only Suckeye that showed any life against Florida except Ginn) drafted in the later rounds with a lineman added with their 2nd.

If we don't get Quinn (be it pick 4,5, or 6) we need to get either Stanton, Kolb or Edwards with either of our two seconds or our third rounder

I find it very hard to believe that the bUcs would take Okoye at 4. I could be wrong but it jsut doesn't make much sense to me.

Okoye has as much upside as any player in this draft, he is a disruptive force at 19 years old and should only get bigger and better with a couple more years on him, I believe that your not hearing about him going as high as number 4 because teams are hoping he'll slip, he'll be a fast riser come draft day and won't in my opinion last past number 8. Tampa is a perfect home for him and their style of defense, and they badly need to add a young stud defender.

I'm still working on my final thoughts, but if as of today this is how I see it:

Perhaps you may have to wait to choose Tampa's pick..

Rumors are circulating around the league that Bucs HB Carnell "Cadillac" Williams is on the trading block and could be moved on Draft day...Bucs Coach Jon Gruden has been talking up Adrian Peterson which most observers believe is just a smokescreen to draw interest to the Bucs pick for a team that has Peterson high on their Draft want list...however...Peterson could wind up being a surprise pick for the Bucs if they fail in their attempt to move up in the Draft for WR Calvin Johnson.... their have been whispers that the Bucs organization has been dissapointed in the return they've received for the former 5th overall pick in the 2005 Draft and would consider moving him for the right price.

Perhaps you may have to wait to choose Tampa's pick..

Rumors are circulating around the league that Bucs HB Carnell "Cadillac" Williams is on the trading block and could be moved on Draft day...Bucs Coach Jon Gruden has been talking up Adrian Peterson which most observers believe is just a smokescreen to draw interest to the Bucs pick for a team that has Peterson high on their Draft want list...however...Peterson could wind up being a surprise pick for the Bucs if they fail in their attempt to move up in the Draft for WR Calvin Johnson.... their have been whispers that the Bucs organization has been dissapointed in the return they've received for the former 5th overall pick in the 2005 Draft and would consider moving him for the right price.

Hard to believe a Cadilac Williams (like a Ronnie Brown) would be tradable with the size of the signing bonuses they received and acceleration thereof if they were traded.

Now maybe Tampa will carry two backs like many teams are now, I could see that, but more likely, Tampa is fishing for a trading partner, which I don't think they will find.

But, I don't choose their players for them, just giving an opinion.

Hard to believe a Cadilac Williams (like a Ronnie Brown) would be tradable with the size of the signing bonuses they received and acceleration thereof if they were traded.

Now maybe Tampa will carry two backs like many teams are now, I could see that, but more likely, Tampa is fishing for a trading partner, which I don't think they will find.

But, I don't choose their players for them, just giving an opinion.

Sometimes the biggest trades are the ones we don't expect. The Caddy just may look good to the Giants.

Teams right behind Miami are no threat to trade all the way up to draft Quinn. Here are the teams behind Miami:

10. Texans...just gave Matt Schaub $49 Million. No chance.
11. 49ers...Alex Smith. No chance.
12. Bills...J.P. Losman progressed really well at the end of last year. Highly doubtful.
13. Rams...Marc Bulger. No chance.
14. Panthers...Jake Delhomme is getting older but it's doubtful they trade up all the way up to take Quinn. Doubtful.
15. Steelers...Ben Roethlisberger. No chance.
16. Packers...They have a 1st round QB in Aaron Rodgers. Highly doubtful.
17. Jaguars...They aren't happy with the QB position but I don't think they have the ammo to move up that far. Doubtful
18. Bengals...Carson Palmer. No chance.
19. Titans...Vince Young. No chance.
20. Giants...Eli Manning. No chance.
21. Broncos...Jay Cutler. No chance.
22. Cowboys...Tony Romo. No chance.

There's only 2 teams in the next 13 picks with any possibility of moving up to take Quinn and those 2 teams have other needs before the QB position.

It's entirely possible the Phins could trade with the Steelers and still get Brady Quinn. The Panthers are a possibility however the KittyKats just signed Carr.

Finfanforever that looks like a very solid prediction

Yeah I think so....I do not see the Raiders taking CJ like my good buddy BlueFin. Overall, I think Oakland will be better served drafting Russell then building around him as apposed to a CJ having maybe 6-7 touches a game from...the QB...who???? Get my point?:wink:

Back
Top Bottom