Billups vs. Wade | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Billups vs. Wade

Alex22 said:
I respect your opinion on this

but

I have to ask why you compare championships when Wade is only in his third year in the league, in fact the Heat may have been in the finals last year instead of Detroit in Wade was healthy game 7, of course we will never know

im not comparing championships. but the question is, who would you take.

i would rather have a PG that has taken a team to the championship. would you? its not like a PF who gets 10 shots a game, this is a PG who handles the offense, who controls the team basically.

its like this..who would you rather have..

Billups(without the Championship) or Billups(with Championship)

you go with the champion. like i said, im not comparing, but one has did it, and the other hasnt. so its not like it has no matter in the decision.

Nappy Roots said:
im not comparing championships. but the question is, who would you take.

i would rather have a PG that has taken a team to the championship. would you? its not like a PF who gets 10 shots a game, this is a PG who handles the offense, who controls the team basically.

its like this..who would you rather have..

Billups(without the Championship) or Billups(with Championship)

you go with the champion. like i said, im not comparing, but one has did it, and the other hasnt. so its not like it has no matter in the decision.

But the other one has played in big games and hit big shots

Oh well I wouldnt complain having either of them, but depending on who I got id build a totally different team around them

Alex22 said:
But the other one has played in big games and hit big shots

Oh well I wouldnt complain having either of them, but depending on who I got id build a totally different team around them

you do know id take Wade over Billups right?

It's hard to compare two players that play different positions. Billups has a very good team and that helps him while yes as someone said Billups is a better 3 point shooter,maybe a little better passer and defense being about the same it's not fair because yes wade may struggle at three's but look at Jason Kidd. He couldn't hit a thing when he first came into the league and now he's the nets leading 3 point shooter this year and has improved his shooting greatly. Wade is still going to get better.

Alex22 said:
I missed that part.........

You were confusing me with the whole list of things Billups has over Wade

:lol:

my fault, i was just trying to say it was ridiculous to pick Billups like someother people had said.

You're comparing two guys that not only play different positions, but who play entirely different roles for their teams. There's really not much for a comparison. If I needed one of the two guys to build a franchise around for the next 10 years, it would be Wade. If I needed one guy to run my offense in this year's playoffs, it would be Billups. If I needed one guy to go for 40 in a playoff game, it would be Wade. If I needed one guy to make a 3 point shot with my team down 2, it would be Billups.

As far as a pure player...and WHO is better...

it is Wade..and it's not close.

Not to mention that Wade will probably be 1st team ALL NBA defense this year.

He will be 2nd team ALL-NBA only because Kobe will be on the first team.

I really like Billups and have said that I wouldn't mind him being the MVP. In fact..I would understand if he got more votes than Wade..

But come on..he is not in the same stratosphere as Wade as a player.

Wade belongs in the Lebron, Kobe, AI discussion..

Section126 said:

I really like Billups and have said that I wouldn't mind him being the MVP. In fact..I would understand if he got more votes than Wade..

:yeahthat:

Its exactly how I feel to

Before the Pistons success we would all say 'Chauncy Who?'

culpepper2chambers said:
lets face it heat fans think wade, detroit fans think billups and most fans here are heat fans so its going to be wade.

Im a Heat fan but I try and be realistic

I was a Wade fan before he was drafted and planned on following his career no matter who took him

I think a good 80% of people excluding Heat and Piston fans would choose Wade

culpepper2chambers said:
lets face it heat fans think wade, detroit fans think billups and most fans here are heat fans so its going to be wade.

I would say..every GM in the league including Joe Dumars would take Wade over Billups.

Trust me...Joe Dumars would throw Billups under a bus to have Wade.

Section126 said:

You can't compare to different positions,pg and sg, that's like saying who's better Chirs Chambers or Antonio Gates. Too say that Billups isn't in the same stratosphere as wade is just arrogant. They are both all stars so to say that they are not in the same stratosphere is just stupid. As for the Kobe,Lebron,AI discussion what's that the discussion about the biggest gunners in the league? because that's what they are and wade doesn't belong with them.

MARINO1384 said:
You can't compare to different positions,pg and sg, that's like saying who's better Chirs Chambers or Antonio Gates. Too say that Billups isn't in the same stratosphere as wade is just arrogant. They are both all stars so to say that they are not in the same stratosphere is just stupid. As for the Kobe,Lebron,AI discussion what's that the discussion about the biggest gunners in the league? because that's what they are and wade doesn't belong with them.

Read my post again. Read it slowly if you must.

I said "player", what I said stands and every GM in the league would agree with me.

Section126 said:
Read my post again. Read it slowly if you must.

I said "player", what I said stands and every GM in the league would agree with me.

I read it fine the first time and still think it's arrogant to say that Billups isn't in the same stratosphere as Wade. They are both all-stars and Billups doesn't deserve the disrepect your giving him. Yes i think Wade is a but "pure player" and has a very big future but to say that they are not even close is arrogant.

Back
Top Bottom