Billups vs. Wade | Page 9 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Billups vs. Wade

Section126 said:
Dude...you are just a Wade hater.

Lebron, T-Mac, Vince, all have done less than Wade.

The Hype is well deserved. Check what he has done in the playoffs.

In Just two years.

As a rookie, he won the first round series by himself, and stretched the #1 seed in the second round with his late game heroics.

He Beat the Nets with a hobbled Shaq last year...He carried them in that playoff round right there.

SHAQ SAT OUT the second round series vs. the Wizards..and Wade lead them to a sweep.

Against the Pistons in the ECF..he lead them to a 3-2 series lead to when he got hurt and had to sit out game 6. In Game 7..he turned the game around completely in the 3rd quarter while barely being able to breathe. Gave them the lead to protect.

He torched the Pistons in that series...and they threw everything at him since Shaq was hurt.

Stop hating...

What has he done in the playoffs still dont see him with any championships yet your hailing to be this monster proporting of a god and hes not yet...Im not going to lie wade is go and yes im a hater a hater for the hype the kids being hyped for all the wrong reasonings and its sickening. Hes being hyped on we he could be not what he is. God kobe didnt even get this hype til like 2 years ago. He didnt win anything by himself he had lamar odom who at the time was a rising star and the single reason that shaq trade fell through.

Nets were not a good team last year plain and simple dude and you know that...He didnt torch the pistons either he didnt put up one game in that series over 30 points if I believe correct. See this is all hype dude I actually enjoy watching the kid something I dont like to admit to people I just hate talking about him cause then he gets mentioned with the nba legends in his freaking 3rd year. You gotta learn and believe why this upsets me...hell til lebrons done what hes done this year I said the same about him and Im a huge lebron james fan too...Hell I never even put kobe up there with the greats til this year. Im not a hater im whats called a realist...I dont jump on the first player that can score 27 ppg in a season and make clutch shots. BTW heres a comment on wade you'd probobly never think you'd hear from me...The guys a top 5 clutch player in this league, steps up when his team most needs it but to be higher on my list 10-15 game winning shots arent going to make you the most clutch in the whole league you need experience and need to consistantly do it over a 5-6 year span before your given that title...One thing that I love about wade is his heart...the guys got an untappable source on the court kinda like an aura of energy that just simply glows the kid gets in a zone and very few players get like that...This kid could be special but right now to me hes just a great player with great potential...hasnt gotten there yet and shouldnt be hailed like it either. Thats my 2 cents hope you change your opinion bro :wink: :wink: :wink:

Blueprint said:
Wade hasn't done anything? That's probably THE dumbest statement made in a basketball argument that I've seen since a ******* Kobe vs. Smush debate on the Lakers board at RealGM! I never really look at a rookie year, but who gives a damn if he's in his third year, fourth, or fifth? It's very STUPID to judge like that. If he's on top of his game right now, then let it be. You mentioned LeBron James making yourself look stupid, for what reason? Wade has done far more than LeBron has. LeBron & Wade both have 2 all-star seasons, Wade's got an All-NBA 2nd Team Defensive season on his belt, and he's going to the playoffs for the 3rd time in his 3 seasons; LeBron's going for the first. If you wonna talk about individual numbers, then that's an even dumber argument to make. Wade averages 27/6/7 and shoots 50%. What more can you ask for? Out of all of those top 10 guards in the league, Wade shoots at a much higher percentage than all of them and takes less shots than most, even though he's the #1 scoring option on his team.

First of all, you lost your credibility by adding LeBron to that list. For the record, LeBron is not a damn guard and as long as Larry Hughes is there, he won't be. LeBron is a SF. :rolleyes2

If you would put T-Mac & VC over Wade RIGHT NOW, THIS YEAR...then to me, your opinion about basketball serves no purpose like a slow speedboat - you're just not to be taken seriously. Go to RealGM, a real basketball board, and even Nets/Rockets fans will laugh at that. :lol:

It's 4/20, and you're probably high as hell now, so you're excused.

wow if it wasnt for the thought of being banned right now i'd explode on you for that last comment man. I've done my best to stay out of weed today on this day after quitting for over 6 monthes now and havnt touched anything since. Even writing something like that leads me to the point that some mod should say something to you, just not a good/friendly comment man thats not even funny either. :shakeno: :shakeno: :shakeno:

Lebron started the league as a SG didnt move to forward til they got larry hughes this year either...lebrons got the size of a PF 6''8 245 lbs....but has the speed, athleticism, skills of a SG...if you even watched him you'd know that :rolleyes2

See your concearned too much with the now...so lets say I put up 80 points one night but the rest of the year I fail to even score 10 in a game...am I a nba legend like you seem to think just because of one good game??? No Im not...you have to think like that man Im looking at these things over a career of 5-6 years...when you can truely evaluate a player. You have no idea if wades going to break his ankle next year and never be able to play again...wait til hes done what hes doing for 2 more years and continued to get better then I'll give him his due...also look at my past post

Ace88 said:
It's just sad that someone picks T-Mac over Wade this year, since T-Mac missed half the year because of his back. I would say that this would be one of his worst years as a player because he never really got in his grove this year like last year.

:sidelol: @ Blueprint owning Budd like crazy.

How did he own me...he simply didnt he comes out and says many opinions

I dont care about a couple games hes won in the closing seconds...the fact of the matter is years in the league has to come in to question any reasonable nba analyst would say that god nba analysists have said thats what holds wade off the top 5 lists...top 10 argueably [I put him in mine at like 7-8] I didnt pick tmac over wade this year I picked tmac as a player over wade as a player...honestly you as a rocket fan would see why I did that...this thread is pitiful anyone who would ever make a comparison between a pg and a sg.

Compare billups to nash, kidd, paul, davis
Compare wade to kobe, lebron, tmac, carter

Section126 said:
Excuse me?

I guess I am a lebron hater also huh? That's why I ranked him as the #2 player in the league in my top 50?

Clarify what you are talking about...or better yet..By a bag of doritos, a 12 pack of cheap beer and some smokes, rent some NBA videos and take them to Budd's house.

Hell Im down for that :dday:

Buddwalk said:
What has he done in the playoffs....

Nets were not a good team last year plain and simple dude and you know that...He didnt torch the pistons either he didnt put up one game in that series over 30 points if I believe correct. :

What has he done in the playoffs?

17-10 record in the games he played in the playoffs and a 27.4 ppg average in his second year with over 6 rpg and 5 apg which put him in select company historically. Look up how many players averaged that in more than 12 playoff games in one season...good luck with that..it's a short list.

The Nets had the same roster as this year..yet..in your eyes..they sucked last year and are spectacular this year.

Your comment about him not torching the Pistons and "not putting up ONE game over 30 points" shows how much of a hater you are and proof that you didn't even watch that series. It was a really ignorant statement.

HE DESTROYED the Pistons in that series:

GAME 1 16 pts. 6 rebs 4 assists. 2 stl. L
GAME 2 40 pts. 8 rebs 6 assists. 1 stl. W
GAME 3 36 pts. 7 rebs 2 assists. 0 stl. W
GAME 4 28 pts. 2 rebs 6 assists. 1 stl. L
GAME 5 15 pts. 3 rebs 4 assists. 5 stl. W (left game early with injury, was headed for monster game, left the heat with a Big lead that they ended up protecting)
GAME 6 DNP L
GAME 7 20 pts. 1 rebs 4 assists. 1 stl. L (Could barely breathe, single handedly turned around a Piston runaway and gave the heat the Lead in the 3rd)

He averaged 25.83 ppg in that series on 49% shooting. (above his season average of 24.1).

He torched the Pistons in that series. Maybe you should have watched the series before you commented?

Section126 said:

17-10 record in the games he played in the playoffs and a 27.4 ppg average in his second year with over 6 rpg and 5 apg which put him in select company historically. Look up how many players averaged that in more than 12 playoff games in one season...good luck with that..it's a short list.

The Nets had the same roster as this year..yet..in your eyes..they sucked last year and are spectacular this year.

Your comment about him not torching the Pistons and "not putting up ONE game over 30 points" shows how much of a hater you are and proof that you didn't even watch that series. It was a really ignorant statement.

GAME 5 15 pts. 3 rebs 4 assists. 5 stl. W (left game early with injury, was headed for monster game, left the heat with a Big lead that they ended up protecting)
GAME 6 DNP L
GAME 7 20 pts. 1 rebs 4 assists. 1 stl. L (Could barely breathe, single handedly turned around a Piston runaway and gave the heat the Lead in the 3rd)

He averaged 25.83 ppg in that series on 49% shooting. (above his season average of 24.1).

He torched the Pistons in that series. Maybe you should have watched the series before you commented?

They did suck last year and didn't belong in the playoffs but Vince and Kidd stepped it up the last month and brought them into the playoffs when no 1 thought that it was even possible for them to be in the playoffs. This year they are playing like they did at the end of last season except for the whole season and they have Jefferson.

Anyways good points on the stats i had no clue he did that much vs the pistons. Tho it seems by those stats that he has to have a huge game vs a good team in order for the heat to win.

MARINO1384 said:
They did suck last year and didn't belong in the playoffs but Vince and Kidd stepped it up the last month and brought them into the playoffs when no 1 thought that it was even possible for them to be in the playoffs. This year they are playing like they did at the end of last season except for the whole season and they have Jefferson.

Anyways good points on the stats i had no clue he did that much vs the pistons. Tho it seems by those stats that he has to have a huge game vs a good team in order for the heat to win.

Not necessarily..just score his average.

As for the Nets...LAST YEAR they finished 15-4 down the stretch to finish with a 42-40 record.

THIS YEAR ...the Nets finished 14-5 down the stretch to finish with a 49-33 record.

Sound familiar?

Section126 said:

GAME 6 DNP L

Im not a stat collector of wade so I wasnt sure I guess your right he did torch the pistons...very well done for wade obviously you need to read all my posts where I gave some respect for wade up top

dob72 said:
lmao u were the one going on and on about how stats mean nothing

Not to mention Lebron SHOULD be scoring more than Wade, the game revolves around Lebron in Cleveland, Miami has more of a 'team' concept where the ball goes through Shaq, J-Will, Haslem, and all the other guys to

Buddwalk said:
Wow you guys just love buying into hype how can a 3rd year player be the 2nd best guard in the league when he hasnt done anything yet???

Wade has the skills to be the 2nd best but right now i'd say hes 4th or 5th best SG

I'd put above him

Kobe
Lebron
Tmac
Vince Carter

In case you missed it...

"in the first round of the 2005 NBA playoffs (against the New Jersey Nets), Wade became one of only seven players in league history to average at least 25 points, eight assists and six rebounds while making half his shots in a playoff series, averaging 26.3 points, 8.8 assists, and 6.0 rebounds at 50% field-goal shooting. The other players to accomplish this are all members of the Basketball Hall of Fame: Bob Cousy, Oscar Robertson, Wilt Chamberlain, Larry Bird, Magic Johnson and Michael Jordan. Amazingly, Wade accomplished this feat once again in the 2nd round playoffs sweep of the Washington Wizards. Despite the Game 7 loss to Detroit in the Conference Finals, Wade was magnificent throughout, scoring 40 and 36 respectively to negate the Pistons' trademark stifling defense."

I dont see kobe on that list nor Lebron. Give Wade the credit he is due for LEADING his squad through the playoffs last year. You dont have to downplay his playoff performance to support your idol. If you were a true fan of the game like u claim to be and not a fan of lebrons nuts you would be able to give wade his props and still keep your opinion.

bottom line is as of right now Wade has done more than Lebron has

Section126 said:
Not necessarily..just score his average.

As for the Nets...LAST YEAR they finished 15-4 down the stretch to finish with a 42-40 record.

THIS YEAR ...the Nets finished 14-5 down the stretch to finish with a 49-33 record.

Sound familiar?

Yeah that's cuz like last year we came alive after the all star break except we were in alittle better position this year then last. Also we could of won around 52 games this year which would of been a 10 game difference and that's pretty good if we didn't rest our starters the last couple of games after the #2 seed was out of reach.

MARINO1384 said:
Yeah that's cuz like last year we came alive after the all star break except we were in alittle better position this year then last. Also we could of won around 52 games this year which would of been a 10 game difference and that's pretty good if we didn't rest our starters the last couple of games after the #2 seed was out of reach.

We could have won 55 games but we rested our starters the last 3 games because we secured the #2 seed

So its basically the same, we were 3 games better

But that isnt much at all, it should be a good series

Back
Top Bottom