Billups vs. Wade | Page 8 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Billups vs. Wade

Blueprint said:
AT BEST: He develops into a decent starter, but a 6-8th man on a solid team

AT WORST: He falls behind and becomes one of those players who could've been, yet is often on the bench staring off into space (Mateen Cleeves anyone?)

why is it you dont think he can be good

Nappy Roots said:
why is it you dont think he can be good
I really don't see a special quality that he possesses, in which he can master to become a unique type of player in some type of way. There's nothing wrong with being a decent starter or bench/role player though. Honestly, Bassy's been overhyped due to his high school/street ball play. He's not even one of those "potential out of this world" type of guys who just hasn't come along yet - he has potential to be an above average starter. Maybe he'll prove me wrong, but right now, I just don't see it in him..........

Blueprint said:
Right now, he's as average as they come. He's not a starting caliber player yet, but he's got a lot of time. Coming into this season a lot of people thought he'd put up 15/6 type numbers, and he has disappointed. Oh well, maybe next year or sometime in the future. I like Bassy, so hopefully he can improve into a role player on another team. Portland is just horrible, and they do have a history of holding players back from developing into their own, so maybe if he continues to stink it up yet still show some kind've potential, he'll be traded to another team. :cooldude:

Even with my League Pass, if I was to sit here and tell you I've seen Portland play more than 5 times this year, I'd be lying. But I've seen him play quite a few times and wasn't impressed to say the least.

My down the road prediction:

AT BEST: He develops into a decent starter, but a 6-8th man on a solid team

AT WORST: He falls behind and becomes one of those players who could've been, yet is often seen on the bench staring off into space (Mateen Cleeves anyone?)

Is it because he isnt getting minutes or isnt cut out for the league?

Darko didnt get any minutes for the pistons but he looked pretty good for the magic once he was traded

Going into the draft I liked him, and after watching that ESPN 'Through The Fire' thing I liked him even more, I was pretty impressed the way he carried himself, you would think most guys would be full of themselves because they were the 'Star' in highschool, but he seemed pretty level headed

Anyway back to the point, He's a small guy so that could be a huge setback for him

Blueprint said:
I really don't see a special quality that he possesses, in which he can master to become a unique type of player in some type of way. There's nothing wrong with being a decent starter or bench/role player though. Honestly, Bassy's been overhyped due to his high school/street ball play. He's not even one of those "potential out of this world" type of guys who just hasn't come along yet - he has potential to be an above average starter. Maybe he'll prove me wrong, but right now, I just don't see it in him..........

his quickness and handles would classify as special qualities to me.

Alex22 said:
Is it because he isnt getting minutes or isnt cut out for the league?

Darko didnt get any minutes for the pistons but he looked pretty good for the magic once he was traded

Going into the draft I liked him, and after watching that ESPN 'Through The Fire' thing I liked him even more, I was pretty impressed the way he carried himself, you would think most guys would be full of themselves because they were the 'Star' in highschool, but he seemed pretty level headed

Anyway back to the point, He's a small guy so that could be a huge setback for him

Bassys extremely level headed, met him and talked to him before. and no he is getting some minutes. problem is, his shot isnt where it should be, and he cant finish at the hoop right now. also, his D is less then average..which could be said for alot of 20 year olds..

i believe Bassys future is as a good starting PG though. kids got great heart and work ethnic.

Nappy Roots said:
his quickness and handles would classify as special qualities to me.
Too many players are coming out every year with those same qualities. As a point guard, he's going to need to develop a lot more than that; for one, leadership. His character is a huge question to me. This guy often plays as if he could care less.

Blueprint said:
Too many players are coming out every year with those same qualities. As a point guard, he's going to need to develop a lot more than that; for one, leadership. His character is a huge question to me. This guy often plays as if he could care less.

I dont know about that, in high school he was injured and not supposed to play in a game, but they were losing at half time so he came back in and played anyway, it was a mildly serious injury to if I remember

I think he cares about winning, maybe he just doesnt make good decisions yet and it looks bad

Blueprint said:

i know its not bassys character to do this, but i do know what your talking about. i dont think hes happy in portland or something. cause hes got way to much heart to play like he could careless.

Section126 said:
BTW..Billups on ESPN Sportscenter just said that he "deserves" the MVP...

When he was asked which of the 03' draft class he would like...he said Lebron...."only because he is the most unselfish of the three."

Wade..."selfish"?

I now don't like Billups...this guy is full of crap. "Deserving" the MVP?
sorry but billups never said wade was selfish..........and thats what i was laughing at

Alex22 said:
I dont think Section is a Lebron hater, but Im glad it wasnt me you were talking about :lol:

BTW you like Portland right?

Is Sebastian Telfair any good? Ive liked him since he was drafted but Ive never really seen him play in the NBA

Or is it someone else that likes Portland :confused:
right now jarret jack is 10x better than telfair....jack is everything you want in a pg

culpepper2chambers said:
sorry but billups never said wade was selfish..........and thats what i was laughing at

Well if he said he was the most unselfish of the 3....

By three Id assume he means Lebron, Carmello and Wade

So he indirectly called Wade and Carmello selfish

culpepper2chambers said:
lol cmon we all know wade isnt selfish, just because one of them is the most unselfish doesnt mean that the others are selfish

I guess

But thats what I would take it to mean.....

I mean you could also say that doesnt mean he thinks Lebron is unselfish, just the most out of the 3

Back
Top Bottom