Billups vs. Wade | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Billups vs. Wade

There is such thing as a stupid question I guess, no offense (not calling you stupid).

I love Chauncey Billups and I respect his game more than almost any player in the league. However, to put him in Dwyane Wade's class is ridiculous - he's in the class right below. Dwyane Wade is the 2nd best guard in the league, period. Billups is also a point guard. He doesn't possess the skills in which Wade displays every night.

Detroit > Miami
Wade >>>>>>>>>> Billups

Blueprint said:
There is such thing as a stupid question I guess, no offense (not calling you stupid).

I love Chauncey Billups and I respect his game more than almost any player in the league. However, to put him in Dwyane Wade's class is ridiculous - he's in the class right below. Dwyane Wade is the 2nd best guard in the league, period. Billups is also a point guard. He doesn't possess the skills in which Wade displays every night.

Detroit > Miami
Wade >>>>>>>>>> Billups

who's your first kobe? and yes he doesn't have to possess the skills wade has because they play 2 totally different positions although wade can play pg but then as someone said b4 thet have no sg.

Blueprint said:

Detroit > Miami
Wade >>>>>>>>>> Billups

Wow you guys just love buying into hype how can a 3rd year player be the 2nd best guard in the league when he hasnt done anything yet???

Wade has the skills to be the 2nd best but right now i'd say hes 4th or 5th best SG

I'd put above him

Kobe
Lebron
Tmac
Vince Carter

MARINO1384 said:
who's your first kobe? and yes he doesn't have to possess the skills wade has because they play 2 totally different positions although wade can play pg but then as someone said b4 thet have no sg.

Id guess it would be Kobe

My list of the top SG's in the league

1- Kobe
2- Wade
3-Lebron
4- Mcgrady
5- Carter
6- Iverson
7- Pierce

Buddwalk said:
Wow you guys just love buying into hype how can a 3rd year player be the 2nd best guard in the league when he hasnt done anything yet???

Wade has the skills to be the 2nd best but right now i'd say hes 4th or 5th best SG

I'd put above him

Kobe
Lebron
Tmac
Vince Carter

You say he cant be that because he hasnt done anything yet, but you put Lebron above him when Lebron has done less :confused:

Buddwalk said:

I'd put above him

Kobe
Lebron
Tmac
Vince Carter

Take T-Mac out and i'll agree. but you put lebron and wade even just because they are both amazing but you use the excuse that they are still young. The if your just looking at scoring then you can add AI. I'd say wade is around 4-5 but they are all interchangable except for maybe kobe who is maybe the only clear cut #1

Alex22 said:
You say he cant be that because he hasnt done anything yet, but you put Lebron above him when Lebron has done less :confused:

done less how...lebron is living up to the hype and could be this years mvp hes got his team with way less help in the playoffs right now...

Lebron 31.5 ppg 7 rpg 7 apg Thats All I got to say

True Lebron is living up to his hype but Wade is living past his hype because no one really expected him to be this good when he was first drafted.

MARINO1384 said:
True Lebron is living up to his hype but Wade is living past his hype because no one really expected him to be this good when he was first drafted.

The hype on wade now has him as this nba god...the kids 24 years of age, only in his 3rd year...I dont even understand this hype

same hype michael vick gets too...:rolleyes2 :rolleyes2 :rolleyes2

Dont get me wrong the kids great but Im not going to give him all the credit til I see him carry that team against a good team like lebron has done

Buddwalk said:
The hype on wade now has him as this nba god...the kids 24 years of age, only in his 3rd year...I dont even understand this hype

same hype michael vick gets too...:rolleyes2 :rolleyes2 :rolleyes2

Dont get me wrong the kids great but Im not going to give him all the credit til I see him carry that team against a good team like lebron has done

I don't understand why you keep calling players that are older then you kid.

One thing for sure is that you are just a Wade hater. Wade is a top 5 player and I say give him a couple of years before he can carry a team by himself deep in the playoffs.

Ace88 said:
I don't understand why you keep calling players that are older then you kid.

One thing for sure is that you are just a Wade hater. Wade is a top 5 player and I say give him a couple of years before he can carry a team by himself deep in the playoffs.

He's not a wade hater he's telling the truth. Yes wade is an amazing playing but some people act like he's michael jordan. He's been in the league 3 years!!! It's 3 years into a what's probably going to be a long good 15 year career but some people are pulling it alittle. Personially both wade and lebron are overhyped but that's what happens when your young and in the NBA.

Buddwalk said:

I'd put above him

Kobe
Lebron
Tmac
Vince Carter

Dude...you are just a Wade hater.

Lebron, T-Mac, Vince, all have done less than Wade.

The Hype is well deserved. Check what he has done in the playoffs.

In Just two years.

As a rookie, he won the first round series by himself, and stretched the #1 seed in the second round with his late game heroics.

He Beat the Nets with a hobbled Shaq last year...He carried them in that playoff round right there.

SHAQ SAT OUT the second round series vs. the Wizards..and Wade lead them to a sweep.

Against the Pistons in the ECF..he lead them to a 3-2 series lead to when he got hurt and had to sit out game 6. In Game 7..he turned the game around completely in the 3rd quarter while barely being able to breathe. Gave them the lead to protect.

He torched the Pistons in that series...and they threw everything at him since Shaq was hurt.

Stop hating...

Buddwalk said:

See the post above. I guess you missed his two years in the playoffs.

Again. people seem to forget that the heat SAT OUT SHAQ for a 2nd round series. THAT is confidence in a young player.

Budd..your hate for wade is rather ridiculous.

Buddwalk said:

I'd put above him

Kobe
Lebron
Tmac
Vince Carter
Wade hasn't done anything? That's probably THE dumbest statement made in a basketball argument that I've seen since a ******* Kobe vs. Smush debate on the Lakers board at RealGM! I never really look at a rookie year, but who gives a damn if he's in his third year, fourth, or fifth? It's very STUPID to judge like that. If he's on top of his game right now, then let it be. You mentioned LeBron James making yourself look stupid, for what reason? Wade has done far more than LeBron has. LeBron & Wade both have 2 all-star seasons, Wade's got an All-NBA 2nd Team Defensive season on his belt, and he's going to the playoffs for the 3rd time in his 3 seasons; LeBron's going for the first. If you wonna talk about individual numbers, then that's an even dumber argument to make. Wade averages 27/6/7 and shoots 50%. What more can you ask for? Out of all of those top 10 guards in the league, Wade shoots at a much higher percentage than all of them and takes less shots than most, even though he's the #1 scoring option on his team.

First of all, you lost your credibility by adding LeBron to that list. For the record, LeBron is not a damn guard and as long as Larry Hughes is there, he won't be. LeBron is a SF. :rolleyes2

If you would put T-Mac & VC over Wade RIGHT NOW, THIS YEAR...then to me, your opinion about basketball serves no purpose like a slow speedboat - you're just not to be taken seriously. Go to RealGM, a real basketball board, and even Nets/Rockets fans will laugh at that. :lol:

It's 4/20, and you're probably high as hell now, so you're excused.

MARINO1384 said:
Personially both wade and lebron are overhyped but that's what happens when your young and in the NBA.

Yes, because Vince Carter is better than both of them, huh?

Back
Top Bottom