Bleacher Report: Kevin Kolb could be Phins QB in 2011 | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Bleacher Report: Kevin Kolb could be Phins QB in 2011

Get kolb let them compete,best qb wins . Draft Ingram, need to boost the running game . Fix o line , get new OC.

You will not get Kevin Kolb and Ingram. It will take a 1st to get Kolb off the Eagles roster. Plain and simple. You have to weigh whether you want Kolb and NO 1st round pick OR one of the older FA's and a 1st round pick. That's the give and take here guys.

If you are keeping Henne, I see no reason why you would give up a 1st round pick in a trade to get Kolb. There will be no competition, Kolb will be starting. If you draft a QB in the 1st round, you can keep Henne and start him until your rookie is ready to go. If you sign a FA, then you keep Henne and let them compete, and you still have a 1st rounder to play with.

As you can tell, at this point I'm for signing one of the older QB's or taking a QB in the 1st round (if it's the guy they want and believe in). Unless you can get good value for Henne (2nd or 3rd?), let the Eagles keep Kolb b/c nobody else will be giving up a 1st rounder for him.

AJ Feeley part two? Chad Henne will be our QB on opening day next yaer, like it or not.
I agree with the AJ Feeley part two, but I cannot see how Chad Henne starts next season and if he does then this team does not care at all about winning.

Ross said Henne was going to be better than Dan Marino. So I think he sticks with Chad..Lol

I think I would rather have Henne over Kolb anyway. Kolb is injury prone and has most of the same issues as Chad.

I agree with the AJ Feeley part two, but I cannot see how Chad Henne starts next season and if he does then this team does not care at all about winning.

A lot of stupid Falcons fans were saying the same thing this time last year about Ryan. ;)

Then they have Orton going to the Vikings. **** that noise! I would much rather have neckbeard than Kolb.

Bro, a knife isn't at our throat forcing us to draft a QB in the first round.

This is how people end up unhappy in everyday normal life. People "settle" instead of making a real investment into their future. And that's how people end up buried under mounds of debt.

Same principles apply here in the NFL. We can't just draft the scraps we're left with just because we need it. That's not the answer. Now we're REALLY throwing rock hard turds at the wall hoping it will stick. We invested into Chad Henne because he was a bargain and he was there. It's not what we really wanted. It's not even close to what we needed. And Cam Newton is no different.

I'm a BIG Cam Newton fan. I've enjoyed watching him this season. But he's not NFL material. He has made poor life decisions and those are judgment calls. Trust me, that carries over to the field of play. I can't trust my multi-million dollar franchise in the hands of a guy who has displayed poor judgment off the field. Things like that have come back to bite teams in the *** more often than not. Cam Newton is a SUPERSTAR. He has been the biggest, most athletic, and easily the best player at every single level he has ever played on. And when you're that kind of player, you never have to work for it because you're so dominate. So I wonder about your work ethic because we ALL know that Cam Newton will not walk onto an NFL field and dominate the way he does in college. Not happening. JaMarcus Russell was another guy who was just bigger, stronger and faster than everyone else. JaMarcus always had his work ethic called into question. I'm not saying Cam Newton does or will have a poor work ethic, but it is a question that I would want to know the answer to before drafting him even in the 7th round.

Cam Newton is a VERY high risk, medium reward guy. He's not even a high reward guy because guys with his ability at QB usually end up as average QB's in the league. Mike Vick is the exception. Mike Vick falls into the 1% category. Mike Vick is elite. And Mike Vick was viewed as a risky draft pick.

It is not worth it for us to wager everything on the back of Cam Newton.
This is garbage. He's a much better passer than Vince Young or Vick in college with similar running ability and a much bigger frame. Jamarcus Russel was a fat clown that didnt have anywhere near the athleticism that Cam has.

Kevin Kolb sucks. I will be so pissed if this happens.

Some of yall are crazy comparing Kolb to AJ Feeley, John Beck, and whatever. I know Kolb hasnt played much but Kolb is a very good young QB. His physical tools and intangibles dont even compare to Feeley or Beck. Kolb is accurate, Feeley didnt know what accuracy was. Kolb is cool in the pocket and looks comfortable and throws the ball with confidence. Beck and Feeley were never like that in their football career. Feeley was never considered a Franchise guy, only a temp fix. it was just our stupid GM who spent a freakin 2nd rounder for him. Kolb Has the tools to be a franchise QB and we know that he has had success in the NFL, especially for a guy who hasnt played a whole lot, thats impressive.

I would much rather trade for Kolb then to draft an unproven QB, especially using a 1st rounder on someone like Cam Newton, that would be a HUGE mistake. Akili Smith part 2, Jamarcus Russel part 2, Vince Young part 2. I think Kolb could be traded to a team and have a Matt Shuab or Matt Cassel type season/career. I would much rather do that then to draft another QB because we've had soooo much success drafting QB's lately (sarcasim). After the 1st round QB's its almost impossible to land a franchise QB in the other rounds, very rare. Even in the mid-late 1st round area (picks 15-32) QB's dont always pan out (ex: Jason Campbell, Patrick Ramsey, and so on)

bottom line, I would much rather trade for a QB who has shown he can play at a high level in the NFL then to draft a complete unknown, the draft is just a fart in the wind sometimes. draft picks are way over hyped in this forum, some of our best players werent drafted high or not drafted at all. Yeremiah Bell, Karlos Dansby, Cameron Wake, Devon Bess, Brandon Marshall. and some of 1st round picks havent been overly impressive. Jared Odrick, Jason Allen, Ted Ginn, Ronnie Brown, Jamar Fletcher, Vernon Carey. only two in the last decade have really made big impacts, Jake Long and Vontae Davis. So I dont know why so many people on here dont want to give up draft picks, especially 1st round picks.

Im not saying we should give up a 1st rounder for Kolb, I just think too many people on here over hype our draft picks. Draft picks dont even guarantee anything, its a complete unknown, so I dont know why so many people on here cherish them so much.

This is garbage. He's a much better passer than Vince Young or Vick in college with similar running ability and a much bigger frame. Jamarcus Russel was a fat clown that didnt have anywhere near the athleticism that Cam has.
Couldn't agree more... it is total garbage and he will be gone inside 13th pick, this type of cynical thinking is just too easy to bank on though and it's the safer bet based on recent history of QB's taken early. If by chance Cam is sitting there on the board and Miami bypasses him then they'll have done it again and screwed the pooch, Henne (too slow in the mind with his 6-7 second release times)is not the answer for this team, nor is Kolb or Orton. It's time for this franchise to take a damn chance and stop taking the safe picks, theory for safe picks is good but only if your ok with mediocracy or all the other pieces are already in place, there not here and we needed a QB ever since Marino left and have blown it off far too many times, it's time this franchise steps up! There's really only two Qb's in this draft and if you can't get one then you have to get the other, the rest of the qb's are no better than or very slight improvement over what were dealing with now.

I would much rather trade for Kolb then to draft an unproven QB, especially using a 1st rounder on someone like Cam Newton, that would be a HUGE mistake. Akili Smith part 2, Jamarcus Russel part 2, Vince Young part 2. I think Kolb could be traded to a team and have a Matt Shuab or Matt Cassel type season/career. I would much rather do that then to draft another QB because we've had soooo much success drafting QB's lately (sarcasim). After the 1st round QB's its almost impossible to land a franchise QB in the other rounds, very rare. Even in the mid-late 1st round area (picks 15-32) QB's dont always pan out (ex: Jason Campbell, Patrick Ramsey, and so on)
I like Kolb but am mixed about the phins acquiring him. Further, I havea hard time imaging Reid giving up a decent backup.A HUGE mistake would be waiting to acquire Jordan Jefferson (JaMarcus Jr) or Terrelle Pryor (the next Vince Young). Cam is a risk but not as big as some might think IMO.

Couldn't agree more... it is total garbage and he will be gone inside 13th pick, this type of cynical thinking is just too easy to bank on though and it's the safer bet based on recent history of QB's taken early. If by chance Cam is sitting there on the board and Miami bypasses him then they'll have done it again and screwed the pooch, Henne (too slow in the mind with his 6-7 second release times)is not the answer for this team, nor is Kolb or Orton. It's time for this franchise to take a damn chance and stop taking the safe picks, theory for safe picks is good but only if your ok with mediocracy or all the other pieces are already in place, there not here and we needed a QB ever since Marino left and have blown it off far too many times, it's time this franchise steps up! There's really only two Qb's in this draft and if you can't get one then you have to get the other, the rest of the qb's are no better than or very slight improvement over what were dealing with now.
This is exactly how I feel too. I wouldn't be as mad at the Henne situation if we actually took a risk and it didn't pan out. But the fact that we went the so called "safe" route and still screwed up just pisses me off even more.

Back
Top Bottom