Bolts may keep Brees,Trade Rivers. | Page 8 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Bolts may keep Brees,Trade Rivers.

We need O-line help and a running back pronto. Lose Minor, keep Jordan in his spot, draft a RB or LT with the first ASAP. Even better trade down and try to get one of each. No one is running or passing behind an O-line this bad. Funny when they do play well in spurts Feeley starts getting stuff done.

Boomer said:
You don't spend a 2nd round pick - a very high 2nd round pick on a QB and play him for a couple of games behind a terrible line, with the worst starting OC and RG combo in the league, with no running game to speak of, with about 8 different people giving him advice from the coaching side and then dump him because he throws a couple of picks and use more high picks on unproven players.

It's a ridiculous strategy that won't happen here.
WELL SPOKEN

CrunchTime said:
"With all of that being said, I give you my initial 2005 Miami Mock Draft. I am going with the idea that the Fins will trade down and acquire two 1st round picks and a 4th for their top 5 pick."

Are you talking about picks in this draft or future drafts?.Apparently its a buyers market this year due to the weak draft.There may be several teams wanting to trade down.That will reduce the normal tradedown value.
Yes, that is why there are the extra picks in the mock draft ...

FlaFinest954 said:
I would like either one as the qb! But bree's will cost waay too much or we would have to give up to much to obtain him so I'd go for Rivers as a backup for us now, than maybe later become starter.

AJ is TOO fragile:
http://key2sell.com/new/count/count.php
How do you figure AJ is fragile? Does having your hip hurt because you have over 500 LBs falling on it make you fragile?

Does having your finger dislocated because you slammed in on a helmet making a throw make you fragile.

If you think so, then we have nothing further to discuss because it would be obvious you have a armchair mentality and have no idea just what type of hits the D has been laying on AJ. The guys are hitting him full speed and we are not talking about 180 LB DB, but 300+ lineman. Try it, and I believe you will find your body is fragile also.

Sometime luck plays a roll. Phil Simms stayed hurt his first four years in the NFL. Then played the next 7 without many problems.

gr8slayer said:
So then why are you arguing? All your doing is backing up my main point that Rivers will not be a Dolphin next year and honestly I dont think that is a bad thing for you all because I view him as being very overrated.

Only time will tell.I dont think he is overated.I think he has better potential than any QB coming out this year.I am just saying it would be difficult to trade for him.

yankeehillbilly said:
They arent going to franchise Brees. If they did, they would have to offer Brees a 1 year contract worth around 10-15 mil (depending on whether its the exclusive or non-exclusive tag) The minute Brees signs the offer, which would be seconds after it SD offered it,the contract becomes guaranteed.
Brees would not sign the deal. He knows this is his big chance to cash in and a 1 year deal is not cashing in. Why sign a 1 year deal, when you will be able to sign a 5 or 6 year deal with the same type money up front?

«©òókîê ߥtë®» said:
Only time will tell.I dont think he is overated.I think he has better potential than any QB coming out this year.I am just saying it would be difficult to trade for him.
Just move on, it simply is not going to happen, he will remain a Charger. They would be stupid to trade away the person that was supposed to be their future just because Drew Brees has one good season. If Brees does this next year then yes you have just as good a chance as anyone.

Dphins4me said:
Brees would not sign the deal. He knows this is his big chance to cash in and a 1 year deal is not cashing in. Why sign a 1 year deal, when you will be able to sign a 5 or 6 year deal with the same type money up front?
Because he would get his 10million dollars, become a free agent the following year, and get his signing bonus and long term deal then.

yankeehillbilly said:
Because he would get his 10million dollars, become a free agent the following year, and get his signing bonus and long term deal then.
And if he proves to be a one year wonder? Or worse gets a career ending injury?

then what? He pockets 10 million instead of 15 or 20.

No way he signs the tender as soon as its offered.

«©òókîê ߥtë®» said:
I have to tell you on the top of my draft board for QBs was Roethlisberger then Rivers then Manning. I just dont think Eli will make it.

Forget Rivers and start pulling for AJ. He has the potential and the heart so lets just hope he continues to improve.

Not many first round offensive lineman can start right away especially at tackle position.The best way to improve offensive line is through free agency.Lamar Gordon is a very capable back and just wait until you see him with a real OLINE.I still think QB of the future needs to be drafted or possibly acquire Rivers via trade.

A.J Feeley will be the immediate future but his future isn't too bright if you asked me.Having too many QB is not a bad thing after all,unlike the position we're in now.A.J Feeley might develop into a qood QB or might not so the Fins need to be prepared with optio B ready to step in.

Getting back to part of the original question, San Diego already has 20M under next years cap. You NEVER give up a PROVEN commodity for an UNKNOWN one. Just because he was picked in the 1st round, doesn't mean Rivers IS THE GUY.

Also, you cannot say for certain that Brees is showing what HE IS. This could be a fluke year. And, I believe the EASIEST decision to make... KEEP BOTH.

Franchise Brees and give him the start. Wait for him to implode. If he does or doesn't implode, delay your decision one more year to at least base your decision AFTER he has had 4 years to prove himself.

Realizing the boat load of picks San Diego got in compensation for the Manning trade, I don't think you should be GREEDIER by wanting to acquire more picks for Brees. I think the smart money is too take advantage of having POTENTIALLY 2 FRANCHISE QBs and discover WHICH is the one for you. At least make sure you choose the right one. Remember, winning is not about acquiring picks... it's about MAKING the RIGHT picks. Getting more picks doesn't mean you are winning. It might mean you are showing your best QB the door because you can get 2 draft picks for him. Draft picks don't win SBs.... players do.

Don't simply trade Brees in fear of him losing value. You have a situation in which teams DREAM of being in.... so, make the right decision then move forward.

I've said this about us this year and I'll say it about them... DO NOT SCREW UP REBUILDING.

Back
Top Bottom