Bookend Tedd Ginn Jr.? How about trading him and drafting Percy Harvin | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Bookend Tedd Ginn Jr.? How about trading him and drafting Percy Harvin

Camarillo is coming off a ACL injury so don't bet on him just yet, bring in Torry Holt to mentor Ginn, I believe Bess was the steal of last years draft, so he is a keeper.

I meant DRAFT WISE!! we picked Ginny 9th OVERALLLLL Bess and Camarillo we UNDRAFTED! I didnt mean $....and I am glad to hear Camarillo is making more then Ginn he Deserved that contract extension!

You're excusing just one statement in a multitude of tripe.

Dude, you're just plain wrong.

2. I'm starting to get the feeling that even with the promise that Tedd Ginn exhibited last season, his skill set has started to plateau

From his rookie year to his second year GInn increased his catches by 22, yards by 370, doubled his td total and increased his YPC by 1.7. How is that plateauing?

3. Tony Sparano has stated that he is definitely committed to expanding our wildcat formation.

The wildcat is still only going to make up no more than a tenth of our offense.

4. Percy Harvin brings an interesting skill set to the table and would be totally dynamic in our wildcat package.

Didn't Harvin get hurt in college because of the time he saw at runningback?

According to my friend Urban Meyer, Percy Harvin is the most elusive player he's ever seen. Does that translate to pro success? Unknown. Percy did play running back a large percentage of the time in the SEC, as the Gators had no other reliable running backs. Trade Ginn and draft Harvin? NO. I think if they draft Harvin, or who ever does, they get a wild card playmaker, that may not always be available. There is a large amount of skill players in the NFL that miss significant time due to injury. I'd love to have him as the kids a good locker room guy and a **** of a competitor.

TS compliments Ginn every chance he gets. Ginn has a home unless some extremely good deal comes our way.

I still don't get the "Ginn hatred". He is a good receiver that is still getting better. Watch the games!!! How many times has been wide open only to have the ball the ball not thrown to him or badly thrown to him(Cleo) or had to comeback to try and catch the ball.

He has done well in the return game when used (How many TD's have been called back) and did a good job on reverse sweeps (Watch the the Raiders or Chiefs game)

Is it because he was a Buckeye? Im sorry he hasnt turned out to be a Charles Rogers (#2 selection) or Braylon Edwards (#3 selection) - who has dropped soooo many passes and has been injury prone or even a Mike Williams (#9 or #10? selection). Or is the bashing from those who still have a mancrush on a certain backup Qb that's up in Cleveland?

i like ginn he is getting better i really like his attitude this will be a big year for him year 3 this will be his breakout year i belive he shows why he was picked #9 overall this year...

We wouldn't get a first rounder for Ginn, and we would most likely have to give up a first to get Boldin from Arizona. Why would we shoot ourselves in the foot twice? I'm hoping that London pans out and I hope we draft either Britt from Rutgers or Barden from Cal Poly.

our WR stable is good & we don't need much to complete it

Hakkeem Nicks & Percy Harvin are very,very long shots

but there are other viable choices that may fall our way in the early draft:
Heyward-Bey, Brian Robiskie & Kenny Britt have starting potential

and then you always know

the Trifecta has got something hidden away somewhere they are willing to take a chance on :D

As pointed out in numerous ways throughout this thread, why anyone would want to throw Ginn under the bus at this point is mindboggling. He's improved each year, has had praise heaped on him by TS and CP, who also marvels at his unique speed.. all the more remarkable considering that the inroads he's made have been with QBs incapable of utilizing Ginn's greatest assets.

Sure he was a reach at #9, but that's past history and if you think about it, the pop choice Quinn has had stats as bad as Beck's, got last year's Brown starting role by a combination of default due to Anderson's suckage and Crennel's desparation to keep his job (very similar to Cam's starting of Beck). He's also supposedly on the trading block.. so already we've gotten considerably more utility out of Ginn than probable had we taken Quinn and as of now it looks like Teddy's got more upside as well. So why doesn't everyone get off his back for once? To suggest trading him in favor of a injury-prone, unproven midnight toker is as off-the-wall as suggesting we trade Porter for Vernon Gholston.

mwulq0-1.jpg

All of these points summarized:
*Tedd Ginn= draft picks,
*Percy Harvin= unparalled expansion in the wildcat,
*Acquisition of Boldin via trade= True 1 reciever and a killer combonation to add to our hungry and determined recieving corps.
.....you heard it here first people, I strongly feel we will trade Ted Ginn, acquire Percy Harvin and Anquan Boldin (or maybe all of this was a dream) :up:

That's very interesting.. I can't say I would be against that if that happened. Percy and Ginn are very simular except Percy has rb on his resume as well. Anquan is Anquan, enough said.. Acquiring more draft picks...Priceless.:lol:

Why trade 1 speedy midget with NFL experience to get another speedy midget with none?? Expecially one with injury history.

Why trade 1 speedy midget with NFL experience to get another speedy midget with none?? Expecially one with injury history.

In his scenario, there's only one reason..to get draft picks. and basically keep the same type of WR, plus, and this is the big plus and the only reason this type of thing wouldn't bother me is get Bolin.

Back
Top Bottom