Bookend Tedd Ginn Jr.? How about trading him and drafting Percy Harvin | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Bookend Tedd Ginn Jr.? How about trading him and drafting Percy Harvin

Just get Holt. Save the draft for Defense and another o-lineman

I agree with you 100%, Ginn needs a legit #1. But what i dont agree with is, if you get picked someone #9 overall you shouldnt need a #1 YOU SHOULD BE #1!! I know he was taken tooooo early in the draft, but @ this point lets get a legit #1, and we can develop Bess and Camarillo who cost us A LOT less then Ginn and seem to have just as much potential. We can probably get a 3rd or maybe a low 2nd for Ginn if we are lucky a team sees more in him then there really is. Im sure we can convince dumb Cam to trade for him......

Ginn is an asset. He has not lived up to the number 9 pick, but that has nothing to do with keeping him or trading him. You do not trade developing assets unless you get a premium.

I still don't get the "Ginn hatred".

Too many people on this board look at the cost in the past. That does not matter, but I definitely want to play high stakes poker with anyone who is making a decision based upon Ginn being the 9th pick. I'll get them pot committed and win a bundle!!!

Here are the only questions that matter.

1. Do you the potential for additional growth?
2. Does his projected performance (growth) for this year justify this year's salary cap number?
3. Is there an upgrade for the position that fits your salary cap plan?

Another stupid thread. Percy Harvin = unproven, injury prone Ted Ginn. So why would anybody trade away Ted Ginn and then spend a 1st rounder on a similar player when we need a fast, tall, "go get it" type of receiver in the 1st place? Especially considering we need an OLB and CB in the worst way? Again, such a stupid thread.

I meant DRAFT WISE!! we picked Ginny 9th OVERALLLLL Bess and Camarillo we UNDRAFTED! I didnt mean $....and I am glad to hear Camarillo is making more then Ginn he Deserved that contract extension!
What do you expect to gain with saying that Ginn was #9 overall and Cam and Bess weren't? Do you think someone might give us the pick back?

It only makes sense to compare cost if your talking money, we can't go back in time and pick again. But if we could, we wouldn't need to trade for Boldin, he would already be here. (damn you Eddie Moore)

As pointed out in numerous ways throughout this thread, why anyone would want to throw Ginn under the bus at this point is mindboggling. He's improved each year, has had praise heaped on him by TS and CP, who also marvels at his unique speed.. all the more remarkable considering that the inroads he's made have been with QBs incapable of utilizing Ginn's greatest assets.

Sure he was a reach at #9, but that's past history and if you think about it, the pop choice Quinn has had stats as bad as Beck's, got last year's Brown starting role by a combination of default due to Anderson's suckage and Crennel's desparation to keep his job (very similar to Cam's starting of Beck). He's also supposedly on the trading block.. so already we've gotten considerably more utility out of Ginn than probable had we taken Quinn and as of now it looks like Teddy's got more upside as well. So why doesn't everyone get off his back for once? To suggest trading him in favor of a injury-prone, unproven midnight toker is as off-the-wall as suggesting we trade Porter for Vernon Gholston.

Steve Miller reference!!!! Consider yourself thanked.

WE need to keep Ginn ......... this will be his break out season and when Beck or Henne take over we will be able to see his full potential.

I dont know why people want harvin. Look @ his numbers in college He has proven nothing. I dont see how he moght be a 1st round pick. I think if we need a wr get Nicks or the guy from rutgers. I do like the idea of a guy mainly for the wildcat but thats a PART of the offence not the whole thing. If we do get a guy we get him late like if Pat White falls get him for the wildcat but not in the 1st 3 rounds.

Honestly, I don't quite get the Harvin/Ginn comparisons. They are very different players. Harvin has good speed, but also some power and ability to break arm tackles. That said, I would keep Ginn and not draft Harvin. We have more needs on defense.

Honestly, I don't quite get the Harvin/Ginn comparisons. They are very different players. Harvin has good speed, but also some power and ability to break arm tackles. That said, I would keep Ginn and not draft Harvin. We have more needs on defense.

Look at what you just wrote, is that considered an upgrade? If the speed is good on both guys, but one can break tackles and has more power, who do you go with. I like Ginn and think he may become special...but if a kid is got what you just suggested, and we can get a bolin too..wouldn't you?

Back
Top Bottom