Boomer's Final Mock Draft | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Boomer's Final Mock Draft

KingPhin05 said:
Boomer, why do you think Miami will take Brown at the number 2 overall? Im sure you have answered this plenty of times but I have agreed with you alot in other things but IMHO the fact that saban hasnt had really much more than initial contact with Ronnie and that this year is a special year for backs, being so many of them witha chance to become quality backs in the nfl. Brown to me just isnt worth the number two overall selection. Sure he could end up producing decent numbers but we could get similar production from alot of other options out there(including T.Henry, Alexander, James).

On another thing, Alex Smith only got intrest from the Niners once Nolan realized Saban was stealing his spotlite for people to trade up to. However I feel this isnt the year to have the number 1 pick because not many players out there would be worth the cash required for a #1 pick.(Which is where the rodgers scenario comes in to play) Aaron ,who would fit right in with Nolan's Offense(we all know Smith was in the shotgun all year, but hes a smart kid so its not like he cant adapt), saying hell play in Frisco cheaply makes alot of sense for them. Find me the last QB taken @ 1 that didnt have a lucritive contract. And Rodgers could end up being the better guy for them anyways. I really feel if Alex Smith intrigued Nolan that much then Rodgers would not of been their focal point recently. Ofcoarse that was up untill Saban was trying to snag offers for both Braylon Edwards and Alex Smith more than a week before San fran was even on the clock.

Ofcoarse my opinion doesnt mean anything more than anyone else's, but this is just how I've seen things going down.

Another little thing i noticed was that right after Mike Nolan came out saying they may take Smith, Saban immediatly refocussed everything on trading down to minnesota or others. Hes a smart guy, and ive gotten to the point where even if he makes a choice i dont agree with im not gonna bash it untill his cards play out.

I think Brown can be special. He does a lot that you want a Linehan back to do. Less miles, improving guy with huge upside. It's just my opinion mate.

Alex Smith has been the 49ers guy for a LONG time. Trust me. They will only take Rodgers if it gets into a dumb pissing contest on behalf of the Yorks on what they pay whom.

motioncityhifi said:
As always Boomer, great job. So these rumors about Cleveland moving up to the 2 for their 2nd, how much weight does this rumor hold? Can we expect it before the draft?

Thanks mate.

They are John Claytons rumours.

No - Cleveland will wait to see what the 9ers do, then when we are on the clock the action will happen.

I love how scouting reports after a college season can make somone the "best player in the draft". It really shows that all of our ratings really dont mean jack. Claiming Ronnie Brown will produce 2k yards in the nfl is really quite funny to me because i thought the same thing was said about quite a few backs that didnt turn out to be a Tomlimson. The fact is there may not be an equal for Brown if he turns out to be the best producer of the backs, but there can sure as hell be alot of extreme "over-achievers" this year. And I wasnt referring to the only option of getting a back being from the draft, there are still some free agent backs that have actually proven themselves in somthing other than a workout/scouting report. They just come along with the price tag so I really dont know what Saban is gonna do at the tailback slot. I guess you think saban has spent almost no time with ronnie brown compared to other prospects for no reason? Ronnie Brown seems to be the guy everyone wants to defaultly send to Miami like its a safe assumption. Your acting like if saban doesnt get ronnie brown he wont get himself a star running back.

KingPhin05 said:
I love how scouting reports after a college season can make somone the "best player in the draft". It really shows that all of our ratings really dont mean jack. Claiming Ronnie Brown will produce 2k yards in the nfl is really quite funny to me because i thought the same thing was said about quite a few backs that didnt turn out to be a Tomlimson. The fact is there may not be an equal for Brown if he turns out to be the best producer of the backs, but there can sure as hell be alot of extreme "over-achievers" this year. And I wasnt referring to the only option of getting a back being from the draft, there are still some free agent backs that have actually proven themselves in somthing other than a workout/scouting report. They just come along with the price tag so I really dont know what Saban is gonna do at the tailback slot. I guess you think saban has spent almost no time with ronnie brown compared to other prospects for no reason? Ronnie Brown seems to be the guy everyone wants to defaultly send to Miami like its a safe assumption. Your acting like if saban doesnt get ronnie brown he wont get himself a star running back.

Show me where I say this?

Then show me where I said he would run for 2000 yards.

Then show me where I say he's the best player in the draft.

Then show yourself out of this thread and don't let the door hit you on the way out.

KingPhin05 said:

No. No one is saying that Miami won't get a good running back if they don't get Brown. What I'm refuting is this idea that Ronnie Brown isn't worth the second pick in the draft. He is well worth the second pick in the draft. The dropoff from the top three running backs in this draft to the next group is too large to ignore.

I have this voice inside my head telling me that Saban is not going to draft Ronnie Brown....(if he does I will never question Boomer again on anything)...This voice is telling me that Ricky will be back this year and Saban already knows it... and if we stay at #2 in the first round we will draft Smith and if Smith is not available we will draft Braylon Edwards...

I have no sources, only the voices in head, and I wish they would go away....Can you hear them???

Remember you read it hear first!!!

I also have this feeling that if we do not go RB, Saban knows that Ricky will be back.

It's all good except for the Rodgers pick.

abNORMal said:
I have this voice inside my head telling me that Saban is not going to draft Ronnie Brown....(if he does I will never question Boomer again on anything)...This voice is telling me that Ricky will be back this year and Saban already knows it... and if we stay at #2 in the first round we will draft Smith and if Smith is not available we will draft Braylon Edwards...

I have no sources, only the voices in head, and I wish they would go away....Can you hear them???

Remember you read it hear first!!!

Ricky told you where he hides his stash didn't he?

Boomer, thanks for the analysis.
I'd love for the Cleveland deal to come through....so far it's one of the better scenario's. It would be huge for us to have two seconds.
With that said, who do you think we'd take with those two picks? And do you see us doing anything defensively? We've added alot on defense via free agency, so I'm sure we'll go pretty heavy on offense.

godfater21 said:
I said that Acrizon will take Aaron rogers if he was still there.

than i said like Mike williams Rogers will not fall as far as boomer has him falling.

read the whole post next time.
Sorry to be picky, but reading your post the first time it was not clear whether the 'like Mike Williams' was about Rodgers not being passed over by Arizona or whether it was saying like Rodgers Williams will not be there. Probably why there was a confusion of the post.

sorry boomer but my second post was directed not towards you. i was responding to KB21. sorry for the misunderstanding i should have quoted him.

and to the kid who said "owned".....get a life

Back
Top Bottom