Boomer's Final Mock Draft | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Boomer's Final Mock Draft

Boomer said:
We'll see Gren. There's lots of info and misinfo out there, but the hard info that we got about the contract parameters swung me. If you got the chance to draft Tomlinson at 2, you do it. I think Brown can be that good, thus I take him.
Boomer, couldn't agree more. Brown IMO is exactly the type of franchise back that this organization needs. He does everything and has every tool that you could want. To me he IS the by far the safest pick in this draft bar none!;)

Boomer said:
Don't be silly mate - boring if we all though the same.

NO-ONE nails a mock :)

I know for a fact that Nick is working his *** off to get down.

Thats what I love to hear- I really love Nick Saban so far. Is it me, or does it seem like he has not coached a game, and the media respects him tremendously? I mean- even ESPN is talking about Saban like he IS Bill Belichick, saying things like "He is running communist China- nobody is getting info from that guy." I dont know, it just seems like everyone realizes that he is practically a veteran and that he is one helluva coach.

OT, but just thought I would mention.

Dolfan1000 said:
Thats what I love to hear- I really love Nick Saban so far. Is it me, or does it seem like he has not coached a game, and the media respects him tremendously? I mean- even ESPN is talking about Saban like he IS Bill Belichick, saying things like "He is running communist China- nobody is getting info from that guy." I dont know, it just seems like everyone realizes that he is practically a veteran and that he is one helluva coach.

OT, but just thought I would mention.

Very true. He's doing very well indeed.

Boomer, I am sort of new here, and so I dont exactly know how things work- but are you an insider? Are you a scout, or do you work for a mystery team that we dont know about?

Just curious- love reading your posts.

Boomer said:
Originally my friend, you didn't.

Just forgot to type it, i got ahead of myself. if you want to get technical origanaly i just wanted to say IMO i disageaded with a lot of the picks and wanted to leave it at that but that was not good enough for some people on this board.

Dolfan1000 said:
Boomer, I am sort of new here, and so I dont exactly know how things work- but are you an insider? Are you a scout, or do you work for a mystery team that we dont know about?

Just curious- love reading your posts.

Nope. Just a guy.

So how do you know some of the insider things that you know, such as knowing for a fact that Saban is desperately trying to work down... the Pats like Davis...etc.

I still believe the most likely scenario is Miami trading down from 2 overall.

I also feel it would be a mistake to presume Saban will only trade down for percieved fair value. That being according to the infamous value chart.

Ultimately he will trade or not , if he believes it is in the best long term interest for his team. So I can see Miami trading down , whether it be to #5 , #7 , # 9 .... and getting less in return than so called "book value" .

Not a lot less , but given a choice between the benificial additional picks and the close grouping it appears this draft has in pockets, and Miami's real need to add youth and talent , I see Nick Saban trading out of the pick , but recieving less than the bantered about fair value.

I don't have a problem with that.... the key of course, is selecting productive players at appropriate slots. I tend to think Saban has to feel he has some edge in that , especially this year.

Boomer, why do you think Miami will take Brown at the number 2 overall? Im sure you have answered this plenty of times but I have agreed with you alot in other things but IMHO the fact that saban hasnt had really much more than initial contact with Ronnie and that this year is a special year for backs, being so many of them witha chance to become quality backs in the nfl. Brown to me just isnt worth the number two overall selection. Sure he could end up producing decent numbers but we could get similar production from alot of other options out there(including T.Henry, Alexander, James).

On another thing, Alex Smith only got intrest from the Niners once Nolan realized Saban was stealing his spotlite for people to trade up to. However I feel this isnt the year to have the number 1 pick because not many players out there would be worth the cash required for a #1 pick.(Which is where the rodgers scenario comes in to play) Aaron ,who would fit right in with Nolan's Offense(we all know Smith was in the shotgun all year, but hes a smart kid so its not like he cant adapt), saying hell play in Frisco cheaply makes alot of sense for them. Find me the last QB taken @ 1 that didnt have a lucritive contract. And Rodgers could end up being the better guy for them anyways. I really feel if Alex Smith intrigued Nolan that much then Rodgers would not of been their focal point recently. Ofcoarse that was up untill Saban was trying to snag offers for both Braylon Edwards and Alex Smith more than a week before San fran was even on the clock.

Ofcoarse my opinion doesnt mean anything more than anyone else's, but this is just how I've seen things going down.

Another little thing i noticed was that right after Mike Nolan came out saying they may take Smith, Saban immediatly refocussed everything on trading down to minnesota or others. Hes a smart guy, and ive gotten to the point where even if he makes a choice i dont agree with im not gonna bash it untill his cards play out.

As always Boomer, great job. So these rumors about Cleveland moving up to the 2 for their 2nd, how much weight does this rumor hold? Can we expect it before the draft?

Dolfan1000 said:
So how do you know some of the insider things that you know, such as knowing for a fact that Saban is desperately trying to work down... the Pats like Davis...etc.

Rumours, knowing where to look, who to e-mail, been doing it a long time and know some good people. :)

Glad u like the work mate.

KingPhin05 said:
Boomer, why do you think Miami will take Brown at the number 2 overall? Im sure you have answered this plenty of times but I have agreed with you alot in other things but IMHO the fact that saban hasnt had really much more than initial contact with Ronnie and that this year is a special year for backs, being so many of them witha chance to become quality backs in the nfl. Brown to me just isnt worth the number two overall selection. Sure he could end up producing decent numbers but we could get similar production from alot of other options out there(including T.Henry, Alexander, James).

On another thing, Alex Smith only got intrest from the Niners once Nolan realized Saban was stealing his spotlite for people to trade up to. However I feel this isnt the year to have the number 1 pick because not many players out there would be worth the cash required for a #1 pick.(Which is where the rodgers scenario comes in to play) Aaron ,who would fit right in with Nolan's Offense(we all know Smith was in the shotgun all year, but hes a smart kid so its not like he cant adapt), saying hell play in Frisco cheaply makes alot of sense for them. Find me the last QB taken @ 1 that didnt have a lucritive contract. And Rodgers could end up being the better guy for them anyways. I really feel if Alex Smith intrigued Nolan that much then Rodgers would not of been their focal point recently. Ofcoarse that was up untill Saban was trying to snag offers for both Braylon Edwards and Alex Smith more than a week before San fran was even on the clock.

Ofcoarse my opinion doesnt mean anything more than anyone else's, but this is just how I've seen things going down.

Another little thing i noticed was that right after Mike Nolan came out saying they may take Smith, Saban immediatly refocussed everything on trading down to minnesota or others. Hes a smart guy, and ive gotten to the point where even if he makes a choice i dont agree with im not gonna bash it untill his cards play out.

Where do some of you get this idea that there are other running backs in this draft that will produce to the level of Ronnie Brown? Name one other running back that has the ability to produce 2,000+ yards of total offense on a year to year basis like Ronnie Brown has?

Are you saying that you would not take LaDainian Tomlinson with the 2nd pick, based on what he's done in the NFL? Ronnie Brown is the only running back in this draft that can come remotely close to LaDainian's production. And that's, somehow, not worth the 2nd pick in the draft?

He's the best damn player in this draft!!

dolfan22 said:
I still believe the most likely scenario is Miami trading down from 2 overall.

I also feel it would be a mistake to presume Saban will only trade down for percieved fair value. That being according to the infamous value chart.

Ultimately he will trade or not , if he believes it is in the best long term interest for his team. So I can see Miami trading down , whether it be to #5 , #7 , # 9 .... and getting less in return than so called "book value" .

Not a lot less , but given a choice between the benificial additional picks and the close grouping it appears this draft has in pockets, and Miami's real need to add youth and talent , I see Nick Saban trading out of the pick , but recieving less than the bantered about fair value.

I don't have a problem with that.... the key of course, is selecting productive players at appropriate slots. I tend to think Saban has to feel he has some edge in that , especially this year.

I hope they do, but I didn't want to go trade crazy.

Back
Top Bottom