Boomer's Final Mock Draft | Page 7 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Boomer's Final Mock Draft

KingPhin05 said:
sorry boomer but my second post was directed not towards you. i was responding to KB21. sorry for the misunderstanding i should have quoted him.

and to the kid who said "owned".....get a life

KB21 said 2,000 yards of TOTAL OFFENSE, that is well within Ronnie's ability. In Linehan's system he could rush for 1,500 and have 500 yards recieving. Thus giving him 2,000 yards of total offense!

Now as to Boomer's mock, I agree just about everywhere. I would love to move to Clevelands spot and still get Ronnie. I have been talking him up for a while now, and if Both KB21 and Boomer are sold I'm completely sold.

and thats why we all have our opinions. just to let ya know ill be stoppin by with cake for you all to eat once we draft Smith or Edwards! well if the minny trade goes through it changes alot. im hoping for the picks myself.

OK if we draft Brown are going to come in and eat CROW..... I truely believe that Brown is whats best for the Miami Dolphins. Just a sidenote I heard somewhere that when Billy Belly was asked which of the Auburn backs he would take, his response was "If you are trying to win a SB this year I'd take Carnell, if you are drafting for the future I'd take Ronnie."

Boomer said:
Not really. If he doesn't go 1, then he, as one NFL GM says "better be prepared for freefall".

If Rodgers falls to GB at #24 then they're the luckiest team in the NFL and they'll have one of the biggest steals in draft history.

Rodgers may slide, but I don't think he'll slide out of the top ten. Someone trading down (Miami, Cleveland, etc) or someone trading up would take him if they don't go ahead and select him in the top 5.

Hey Boomer, I have a question do you think that the Eagles could try to trade up to get a WR. With TO being well, TO and the next best WR being....:lol: Freddie "The self proclaimed Peoples Champ" Mitchell. I havent heard anything but I just have a gut feeling that they may try to move up to get one particularly if Williamson slides at all. Clayton wouldnt be a bad WR to put opposite TO either.

From John Clayton this morning:

"1. The Aaron Rodgers factor: If the 49ers don't select the Cal quarterback, Rodgers' first-round future will be like a "Where's Waldo?" game. He could fall and he could fall dramatically. The Dolphins could take him at No. 2 and they admit making a mistake trading for A.J. Feeley (from Philadelphia for this year's second-round pick) last year, but Dolphins coach Nick Saban will need a lot of extra draft choices to swallow that impact. How would you like to start a new job knowing your first two draft choices were quarterbacks? The Browns, Bears and Cardinals won't take Rodgers. The Bucs at No. 5 and Titans at No. 6 could take him but don't count on it. Rodgers, as amazing as it sounds, could fall into the middle of the first round. In some mock drafts, Rodgers could fall all the way to Green Bay at No. 24. Ouch! If he does fall into the teens, some team would have to rescue him by trading into the first round from the second --possibly using a first-round pick next year -- but it could be a stressful day for Rodgers."

On the Cleveland trade I mentioned:
"He's even considering trading up to No. 2, but that would be the second consecutive year the team moved up a spot to get the player it wanted. Savage obviously can't pull a Butch Davis and give up a second-round pick to move up. Davis did it a year ago for tight end Kellen Winslow. Savage needs the second-round pick to get a quarterback if he can't get Smith, but the Dolphins might drive a hard bargain and force him to give up a second-rounder for the quarterback."

From Len Pasqarelli this morning:
On Jason Campbell to the Skins:

"If the Redskins weren't so keen on Campbell, why were they so upset when we made public their interest in him? Why did vice president of football operations Vinny Cerrato (a guy to whom I haven't spoken in 15 months by the way) essentially conduct an internal witch hunt trying to ferret out the source of what he assumed was an organizational leak?"

On the Vikes:
"There are suspicions that Minnesota, which isn't necessarily as locked into a wide receiver with the seventh pick as many folks believe, actually has wideout Troy Williamson (South Carolina) ahead of Mike Williams on its board."

On Pitts pick:
"The Steelers appear undeterred by the physical problems of Heath Miller, who has not been able to work out for anyone because of hernia injuries, and are a strong possibility now for the Virginia tight end."

On Green Bay's pick:
"Green Bay is very hot on Georgia middle linebacker Odell Thurman. The Packers still are attempting to reconcile some character concerns, but they clearly admire the former Bulldogs star."

Kingphin - I apologise....I realise that it wasn't intended for me.

Fins2theend said:
Hey Boomer, I have a question do you think that the Eagles could try to trade up to get a WR. With TO being well, TO and the next best WR being....:lol: Freddie "The self proclaimed Peoples Champ" Mitchell. I havent heard anything but I just have a gut feeling that they may try to move up to get one particularly if Williamson slides at all. Clayton wouldnt be a bad WR to put opposite TO either.

They like Jones, Clayton and Roddy White, so yes I could see that.

General Tso said:
If Rodgers falls to GB at #24 then they're the luckiest team in the NFL and they'll have one of the biggest steals in draft history.

Rodgers may slide, but I don't think he'll slide out of the top ten. Someone trading down (Miami, Cleveland, etc) or someone trading up would take him if they don't go ahead and select him in the top 5.

yea, imo he won't fall any farther than the mid-teens, somebody will swoop in and take him.

Phishstix said:
yea, imo he won't fall any farther than the mid-teens, somebody will swoop in and take him. Phishstix' Big Board 4/15
1- Aaron Rodgers QB/Cal
2- Carnell Williams RB/Auburn
3- Mike Williams WR/USC
4- Alex Smith QB/Utah
5- Ronnie Brown RB/Auburn
6- Braylon Edwards WR/Mich
7- Derrick Johnson LB/Texas
8- Cedric Benson RB/Texas
9- Shawn Merriman DE/UMD
10- Adam Jones CB/WVU

No way Braylon goes 7th and no way Alex Smith drops to 4th.

godfater21 said:
Fine i wasn't going to say anything but since you want me to.

1. Alex smith won't go to SF. Nolan Knows other teams are after him that is why he is blowing smoke by faking trying to sign him. he is trying to force a trade.

2. Cleveland will go DL maybe OL but they are not going WR.

3. Vikings will not take williamson if mike williams is still there. for that matter Mike williams will not fall as far as boomer has him falling.

4. Arizona would not go defense if Aaron rogers is still on the board. same as mike williams, Aaron rogers will not fall as far as boomer has him falling.

There you wanted some of my opinions those are just a few. but also like i said we will see tomarrow.
0 for 4, probably why Boomer has the draft guru badge and not you mate. :roflmao:

Back
Top Bottom