Brandon Marshall Extremely Impressive | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Brandon Marshall Extremely Impressive

:lol2: :lol2: :lol2:

There is no way on Earth you actually believe what you just typed. Just plug in the tape of the playoff game against San Diego again and see how foolish you are in saying that.

Cromartie was in the top 1/3 of the CB's in the league last season in terms of opposing QB rating when thrown at. Smith and Davis were towards the very bottom. I'm going by the numbers, you guys are going by the color of the jerseys.

Wait, let me guess.....QB completion percentage is the only thing that tells how good a cb was....:rolleyes2:

There is a reason that site uses all those stats to compile a ranking. But I guess if you are grasping at straws, logic plays no part.

You are the guy who made the asinine statement that Smith was the worst CB in the NFL, I don't recall anyone here saying he was the man. By all means continue to show how ignorant your comments on Smith are.

Opposing QB rating tells us pretty much all we need to know about how well they did in coverage, no? And I never said Smith was the worst, I said he was one of the worst. He was. The numbers don't lie. You call it grasping at straws because it makes you sound foolish.

And please - you guys call him Sean "shutdown" Smith. Lmao

You cannot take the default sort order of any positional ranking on that site because it has retarded results. Please browse through each position ranking default order to see what I mean.

By QB rating Asomugha was the 26th worst, meaning there were 81 better cornerbacks on the list them him. Are you sure this is the stat you want your argument based on?

You may be right, but I do recall Asmougha saying on several occasions that Brandon Marshall was one of the toughest and most physical WR's he's ever faced.

"You always hear about Anquan (Boldin) being a tough guy to bring down," said Asomugha, who was widely considered to have supplanted the Broncos' injured Champ Bailey as the NFL's top cornerback this season. "But in my mind, I think Brandon's the toughest guy to bring down, one-on-one."

:d-day:

By QB rating Asomugha was the 26th worst, meaning there were 81 better cornerbacks on the list them him. Are you sure this is the stat you want your argument based on?

Aso is an outlier because of how few times he was thrown at. Not many outliers on the list though.

Here's a better way to look at it:
clear.gif

edit: that image doesn't appear to be showing up, so look here:
http://stats-dont-lie.blogspot.com/2010/01/what-cornerback-allows-lowest-qb-rating.html

Opposing QB rating tells us pretty much all we need to know about how well they did in coverage, no? And I never said Smith was the worst, I said he was one of the worst. He was. The numbers don't lie. You call it grasping at straws because it makes you sound foolish.

You cannot take the default sort order of any positional ranking on that site because it has retarded results. Please browse through each position ranking default order to see what I mean.

Trust me, we both know who sounds foolish...

Yeah, I have seen that name used multiple times here....

So you dismiss their rankings, and come up with your own rankings? Ahh...well no wonder he was "one of the worst". Maybe you should start your own ranking site....It could be called "Idonthaveaclue.com"....

If you think Cromartie was a good CB and Smith wasn't, why don't you tell Fat ******* to let him line up across from Marshall when we play, let's see how that works for ya.

Anyway, I'm done feeding the troll....

whiteshoewillie why are you even over here dont the jets have a site????????????????

Trust me, we both know who sounds foolish...

Yeah, I have seen that name used multiple times here....

So you dismiss their rankings, and come up with your own rankings? Ahh...well no wonder he was "one of the worst". Maybe you should start your own ranking site....It could be called "Idonthaveaclue.com"....

If you think Cromartie was a good CB and Smith wasn't, why don't you tell Fat ******* to let him line up across from Marshall when we play, let's see how that works for ya.

Anyway, I'm done feeding the troll....

So you refuse to look at the site for yourself to see the default rankings are meaningless (and stupid) and just throw insults instead. Yes, it's easy to see who looks foolish.

I don't think Cromartie was good and Smith wasn't, I know so. Take off your teal and orange glasses and take a look at the truth that is right in front of your face.

Why would we put Cromartie on Marshall when we have the best CB in the world on our team?

So you refuse to look at the site for yourself to see the default rankings are meaningless (and stupid) and just throw insults instead. Yes, it's easy to see who looks foolish.

I don't think Cromartie was good and Smith wasn't, I know so. Take off your teal and orange glasses and take a look at the truth that is right in front of your face.

Why would we put Cromartie on Marshall when we have the best CB in the world on our team?
b marshall will sink revis island

b marshall will sink revis island

Marshall is a beast, I won't be surprised if he goes off on Revis. I also won't be surprised if Revis shuts him down like he did to most beasts (sans Ted Ginn Jr.) he faced last year.

So you just cherry pick those stats which which suit your position?:ponder:

:vaark:

So you just cherry pick those stats which which suit your position?:ponder:

:vaark:

If opposing QB Rating when thrown at isn't a good metric to use, please show me a better one. You can call it cherry picking, but please explain why if you're going to make such a claim. Otherwise you're just like the other guy who likes to throw out insults.

Back
Top Bottom