Brandon Marshall Extremely Impressive | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Brandon Marshall Extremely Impressive

To be fair, I am riding him really hard given he was a rookie. He has a lot of talent and should get better, but the stats IMO don't lie here. He had a very poor rookie season when compared to the other NFL starting CB's.

I like to rib you all on your rookie CB's because you guys go off on our rookie QB sucking. They all should be better this year.

The great thing is he get's to see him every day for the next month in practice. One thing that hindered their development last year was we had no wide receivers. Now we have somebody to school not only Smith but the whole secondary, and that's a very good thing. As a Jest fan, you can't be happy seeing Marshall school our DB's .... that only makes 'em better. Just what the doctor ordered!

Cromartie is not a good tackler, and he was unwilling to even try at times (tackling). That's why he was available. In a zone scheme that the Chargers have been running since '08 you need better tackling corners.

His coverage last season was fine, even in a scheme not using his skillset correctly - far better than Smith. He did struggle in '08 in coverage when he played the entire season with a broken hip.

His coverage last season wasn't fine at all sorry to say. But to each his own. Cromartie is a one year wonder. He's not very good. And that's how I feel.

Good to hear, BM is 100%, After a few weeks of practicing Vontae and Sean will be much better. This is what happens when the best is in your team.. Same thing for Koa Misi against Jake Long

His coverage last season wasn't fine at all sorry to say. But to each his own. Cromartie is a one year wonder. He's not very good. And that's how I feel.

I'm sorry, I'll go with facts instead of your biased "feelings". lol

You may be right, but I do recall Asmougha saying on several occasions that Brandon Marshall was one of the toughest and most physical WR's he's ever faced.

Asmougha allowed Marshall to 1 reception for 17 yards in last season's two games

I can already see Marshall nodding his helmet yes at Revis when he says "I will be back" "you can count on it *****".

Similar to your biased "feelings" that Cromartie is actually a good corner? He'll be beaten out by Kyle Wilson in no time, and get destroyed by slot WR's.

Unlike you, I've given statistical facts to show how Cromartie did in coverage last season. You have no ground to stand on other than to say that's how you feel. I'm not going by my feelings bud. You keep on feeling things out man.

If Wilson takes the #2 spot away from Cromartie I'll be thrilled. I doubt it happens though.

whiteshoeswillie, you seem to completely ignore the talent on the rest of both defenses. Numerous times we blitzed last year and didn't get any pressure, leaving our secondary completely exposed. Not to mention our linebackers and free safety couldn't cover worth a lick and David Harris is one of the better coverage linebackers in the league (Kerry Roades was a pretty darn good player as well). You may not think that might affect a cornerback's quarterback rating, but it will in zone coverage. According to your quarterback rating Dwight Lowery is the 2nd best cornerback in the league (a cornerback trashed by numerous jets fans). Antonio Cromatie was straight up garbage last year.He will succeed better playing more man-to-man coverage this year, but last year was awful for him. If you think he was good last season, you credibilty goes completely out the window.

whiteshoeswillie, you seem to completely ignore the talent on the rest of both defenses. Numerous times we blitzed last year and didn't get any pressure, leaving our secondary completely exposed. Not to mention our linebackers and free safety couldn't cover worth a lick and David Harris is one of the better coverage linebackers in the league (Kerry Roades was a pretty darn good player as well). You may not think that might affect a cornerback's quarterback rating, but it will in zone coverage. According to your quarterback rating Dwight Lowery is the 2nd best cornerback in the league (a cornerback trashed by numerous jets fans). Antonio Cromatie was straight up garbage last year.He will succeed better playing more man-to-man coverage this year, but last year was awful for him. If you think he was good last season, you credibilty goes completely out the window.

giant wall of text and unorganized words hurts my eyes i'm writing this sentence in hopes that you understand this crazy way of writing its nice to see that we have another guy who formulates his opinions based on his feelings whoopie doo da diii blitzed corners your defense our defense wall of text giant wall of text omgz

giant wall of text and unorganized words hurts my eyes i'm writing this sentence in hopes that you understand this crazy way of writing its nice to see that we have another guy who formulates his opinions based on his feelings whoopie doo da diii blitzed corners your defense our defense wall of text giant wall of text omgz
According to your system Dwight Lowery is the 2nd best corner in the league. 'Nuff said.

As a jets fan you would have trouble reading nine sentences without spaces inbetween.

Back
Top Bottom