Brandon Marshall Extremely Impressive | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Brandon Marshall Extremely Impressive

Sean Smith also had a bust for safety help. PFF cannot reflect that stat. Not that it looks to get any better this season, but no, in one-on-one it's going to be hard to be productive as a rookie, especially at a position that requires a lot of film study, and he was starting opposite another rookie, so they didn't exactly have veteran help in breaking down film.

I ain't saying that he's great by any stretch, but to say that he's the 7th worst can be dishonest.

Sean Smith also had a bust for safety help. PFF cannot reflect that stat. Not that it looks to get any better this season, but no, in one-on-one it's going to be hard to be productive as a rookie, especially at a position that requires a lot of film study, and he was starting opposite another rookie, so they didn't exactly have veteran help in breaking down film.

To be fair, I am riding him really hard given he was a rookie. He has a lot of talent and should get better, but the stats IMO don't lie here. He had a very poor rookie season when compared to the other NFL starting CB's.

I like to rib you all on your rookie CB's because you guys go off on our rookie QB sucking. They all should be better this year.

I think the starting safety position was a pretty big weak point in the defense (and is still a huge question mark this season), so that didn't help his case at all. I think he's better than that's reflecting, but in the end, you're only as good as the others around you allow you to be.

Brandon Marshall is already a top 5 WR.

This daily matchup will just steepen the learning curve for Sean Smith.

When he gets used to handling Brandon Marshall, then Sean Smith will be a top 5 CB.

The best way to get better is to play against someone better than yourself.

I'd rather go by what I seen from Smith in games, than what a website tells me. Smith and Davis gave up a lot of big plays last year. Not only because they were rookies, but because Pasqualoni's quarters cover scheme also left them without any help quite often. They both shown lots of promise last year however, and should get better with experience, as well as having a better defensive scheme. Can't discount not having Gibril Wilson back there either.

As for Cromartie, again, the game tape. Since his one year wonder in 2007, he's been quite bad. He's one of, in not the softest CB in the NFL. Of course, from I seen from Smith last year, he's pretty soft himself. Not as soft as Cromartie, but equally as awful a tackler.

@SeanSMITH4 Sean they say BM was teasing, what was he telling you?

SeanSMITH4 @robi2184 thass not true Lol

@SeanSMITH4 LoL, Reporters are saying he schooled you and was smack talking you. Facing him is gonna make you great. Guy is a beast

SeanSmith4 Lol ok for the record B Marsh was NOT trash talkin out there, we are teammates trying to make one another better so those reports are FALSE

www.twitter.com/SeanSMITH4

This is too funny, good competition by both of them, lol.

Brandon Marshall is already a top 5 WR.

This daily matchup will just steepen the learning curve for Sean Smith.

When he gets used to handling Brandon Marshall, then Sean Smith will be a top 5 CB.

The best way to get better is to play against someone better than yourself.

he will never be a top 5 CB. to be in the top 5 you gotta be able to TACKLE too. smith is a little girl at tackling

I'd rather go by what I seen from Smith in games, than what a website tells me. Smith and Davis gave up a lot of big plays last year. Not only because they were rookies, but because Pasqualoni's quarters cover scheme also left them without any help quite often. They both shown lots of promise last year however, and should get better with experience, as well as having a better defensive scheme. Can't discount not having Gibril Wilson back there either.

As for Cromartie, again, the game tape. Since his one year wonder in 2007, he's been quite bad. He's one of, in not the softest CB in the NFL. Of course, from I seen from Smith last year, he's pretty soft himself. Not as soft as Cromartie, but equally as awful a tackler.

Cromartie is not a good tackler, and he was unwilling to even try at times (tackling). That's why he was available. In a zone scheme that the Chargers have been running since '08 you need better tackling corners.

His coverage last season was fine, even in a scheme not using his skillset correctly - far better than Smith. He did struggle in '08 in coverage when he played the entire season with a broken hip.

Sean obviously won't admit it, but friends who were at camp said BM made him look bad. He out jumped and burned him. I find it funny, Sean will be fine.

Hope he takes a lesson from this and grows as a player instead of resorting to something that he might regret later on.

Can't wait to see Brandon Marshall up against Revis should be a good match up

Back
Top Bottom