Brandon Marshall Extremely Impressive | Page 7 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Brandon Marshall Extremely Impressive

According to your system Dwight Lowery is the 2nd best corner in the league. 'Nuff said.

which is sad considering how terrible lowery is. and cromartie is the most overated cb in the nfl. watch the game last year vs the steelers and watch him get picked on over and over again

According to your system Dwight Lowery is the 2nd best corner in the league. 'Nuff said.

The first good point by a fins fan in this thread. Lowery was obviously a product of the system. Cromartie had no such help, neither did Smith.

Unlike you, I've given statistical facts to show how Cromartie did in coverage last season. You have no ground to stand on other than to say that's how you feel. I'm not going by my feelings bud. You keep on feeling things out man.

If Wilson takes the #2 spot away from Cromartie I'll be thrilled. I doubt it happens though.
Cromartie had more big play chances because teams avoided Quentin Jammer. Luckily, he should be in the same boat with Revis. Cromartie is an all-or-nothing CB. He either makes the big play or gives it up. There is no in between with him.

which is sad considering how terrible lowery is. and cromartie is the most overated cb in the nfl. watch the game last year vs the steelers and watch him get picked on over and over again

Cromartie was targeted more than any NFL corner last season.
Teams threw at him an astronomical 120 times...maybe offensive coordinators know something

The first good point by a fins fan in this thread. Lowery was obviously a product of the system. Cromartie had no such help, neither did Smith.
Wait a minute now. Cromatie had a much better defense around him than Smith or Davis. Weddle is a pretty good free safety as well. You seem to ignore the talent around these corners but it really makes a difference. That's why a ****ty corner like Lowery is rated 2nd by your system. The eye in the sky does lie every once in a while.

Cromartie was targeted more than any NFL corner last season.
Teams threw at him an astronomical 120 times...maybe offensive coordinators know something

Wrong Cromartie ...

And Revis was the 3rd most targeted so what did OC's know?

Wait a minute now. Cromatie had a much better defense around him than Smith or Davis. Weddle is a pretty good free safety as well. You seem to ignore the talent around these corners but it really makes a difference. That's why a ****ty corner like Lowery is rated 2nd by your system. The end in the sky does lie every once in a while.

You make fair points. I don't think the Chargers defense was very good either though.

Lowery had quite a bit of help from other players and pressure. Cro didn't have nearly as much help on that defense.

Cromartie was in the top 1/3 of the CB's in the league last season in terms of opposing QB rating when thrown at. Smith and Davis were towards the very bottom. I'm going by the numbers, you guys are going by the color of the jerseys.

I must disagree with your methodology of ranking. You cannot use one facet of player statistics to represent the overall ability of that player. This is a classic example of using statistics to misrepresent reality and hence there are outliers to the process as already mentioned. A much better statistic to use for comparison purposes is one that takes into account many aspects of the players being compared. PFF already has one calculated called 'overall' in the rating section. This is comprised of pass rush, pass coverage, run defense, and penalties.

When sorting by this statistic, Sean Smith is #32 out of 107 while Cromartie is 56th. Clearly Smith is not great but well within the top half while Cromartie is clearly in the bottom half. Check out the penalty ranking for Cromartie and you will see he apparantly has a LOT of pass interference which I don't think goes into the opposing QB rating for yards completed and hence his ranking using only that statistic is artificially low. I read here frequently and enjoy the lively discussion but I am disappointed in WhiteShoe's post here. This obviously was done with little thought and research.

Additionally, this IS a Dolphin fan site where it is perfectly fine for fans to hype (whether real or imagined) by the color of the jersey. I am confident you have made hyped statements on Jets sites and that is fine with me. I am not sure what motivation you have to stir the pot here?? Although intelligent debate on issues is always welcome.

Hey Jets fan... Brandon Marshall will not be stopped!!!! Enough said... Revis cant keep up with Marshall... You guys will be crying when Revis is laying there in the grass after a massive stiff arm from Marshall.

Shouldn't surpirse anyone, Smith was out muscled by Sam Aiken as well. A guy NE is looking to replace at all costs.

did vontae even go up against marshall today

They went against each other once first day. Davis jammed him at the line really good, Marshall said he needed to look at tape to see what he could do to beat him the following day.

i hate whiteshoefaggy. the only thin in football where stats truly matter is fantasy football. asomough never shows up in the stats, but he's still a beast. stats are only on paper, thats why more HOFers are in later rounds than early rounds of the draft.us i really hate jet fans, the only one i have respect for is junc, i hate the rest

Back
Top Bottom